[CENTER][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ffffff]Rise, lurkers of Azeroth and Diplo. Patch 1.29 PTR is here![/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
So to dive right into it, perhaps the biggest features include, [B]true native widescreen support[/B], the ability for [B]24 player maps[/B], [B]major hero balance changes[/B], a [B]new ladder map pool[/B] for all ladder modes, the [B]major expansions of World Editor limits[/B] (Map size dimensions -> [B]480x480[/B], object limit -> 30,000, terrain tiles -> 16, and many more limits raised), and [B]over 90 new natives[/B] for the World Editor. If you had a hard time taking all of that in because it's absolutely crazy and packed into one loosely formatted paragraph, we can't blame you!
Note that all of these changes are in the public test realm, meaning it has separate Warcraft 3 server and download. But don't worry, these features should hit the main server when they are tested thoroughly enough and are clear for lift off. We went over all of these massive changes in detail below.
- [B]Widescreen[/B]: The game now supports true widescreen; the game no longer stretches to fit a wide resolution.
- [B]24 Players[/B]: Maps are able to be created and played online with up to TWENTY-FOUR players! Prepare for some map makers to go overboard with this!
- [B]Bug fixes[/B]: Mac client launches, clans can be created again, hosting bots and cross-realm hosting fixed.
- [B]Streamer/Caster API[/B]: An officially supported Streamer/Caster API that allows us to read out information about gold, lumber, food usage, APM and more when observing games live. No more need to use sketchy hacks for this!
- [B]Hero Balance Changes[/B]:
[INDENT]- [B]Heroes[/B]: 11 main-race heroes and 6 tavern heroes wield changes, both minor and meta changing
- [B]Move Speed[/B]: Nearly all heroes had their move-speed increased from 270 -> 290, some heroes had durations toned down, possibly making for slightly faster gameplay
- [B]Buff[/B]: Crypt Lord, Far Seer, Tauren Chieftain, Dreadlord, Firelord, Goblin Tinker, Goblin Alchemist, Dark Ranger
- [B]Nerf[/B]: Blademaster (damage items lesser affects critical strike multiplier)
- [B]Adjust[/B]: Mountain King, Keeper of the Grove, Warden, Paladin
- [B]Map Pools[/B]: All ladder mode map pools (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and FFA) have been updated with vanilla maps and edited(LV) vanilla maps. See the full map pool list and specific balance details in the full patch notes linked at the bottom.
- [B]World Editor limit expansions[/B]: These raised limits speak for themselves. Go crazy modders!
[INDENT]- Object limit increased to 30,000
- Map dimension size limit increased to 480 x 480
- Tile set limit increased to 16
- Max execution number increased to 1666666
- Max food limit increased to 999
- Max resource limit increased to 9999999
- Array size increased from 8192 to 32768
- [B]Over 90 New Natives[/B]: New natives add an array of new possibilities and more control in the editor. @Kam with the help forum users also pioneered the discussion in a Blizzard [URL='https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/producer-update-natives-list.301405/']producer update[/URL].
[INDENT]- Full control over special effects : scale, rotate, pitch and more! Say goodbye to dummy units for missiles systems or effect systems.
- Enhanced control over abilities, items and units.
- Even responses to mouse actions.[/INDENT]
[size=5]FULL PATCH NOTES AND PTR DOWNLOAD: [URL]https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762056755[/URL][/size]
Editor changes: [URL]https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20761976724[/URL]
Map Pool / Balance changes: [URL]https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762006793[/URL]
We hope that you guys just as ecstatic for this patch and the future of Warcraft 3 as we are. And as always, please make sure to provide feedback regarding all these PTR updates so we can see them in great shape when they hit live on the main servers. If there's anything you'd like to share or report, please do so respectfully below or in [URL='https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/patch-discussion.728/']patch discussion[/URL]. Thank you everyone for being so passionate about this game and hopefully this will spark something more :)
Image design credit: @Wareditor