Baledwyr

Ask Diplo

Dear Diplo, I saw this on a car and it covered the door pretty much.

[ATTACH=full]6236[/ATTACH]

Is this just too much? I kinda keked out loud but hell, talk about spreading a message.

I'm just kinda curious where/when this picture was taken.

giphy.gif

Just because you happen to have a brain and some critical thinking skills doesn't mean that most of the generation does. It's so frustrating when people tell me exactly what they want and do absolutely nothing to realize or fulfill themselves.

What do you want to do and what are you doing to realize or fulfill that?

I'm what the big kids call a fatally naive aspiring musician and to answer the second part of your question, I play till my hands fall off. sometimes 4 hours, sometimes 6 hours, but no one in this fckin town is willing to put a tenth of the effort in.

For what it's worth, sometimes people aren't genuine about their answers that they have some great passion or desire. It's just that society wants you to be able to bark out an answer on command if someone asks you something like that - "What are your dreams? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you want to be when you grow up? What is your passion? If you didn't have to worry about money, what would you do?" etc. Many people want nothing more than a comfortable life. Go to work, come home, watch some TV, drink or smoke, have sex (if possible), repeat, maybe have kids.

If you live in a rural area in a nation with the income inequality of America's, many people might subconsciously feel it's not worth it to seriously think about what they would do if they could. As you suggest with "fatally naive", many will also such effort as being a waste of time and effort.

That's not to say you shouldn't try - you can't succeed if you don't try - but the odds are stacked against most people. Everyone has to make a gamble. You're gambling that your effort will be worth it. Others are gambling that their time would be better spent on something like recreation or entertainment.

• Like 1

For what it's worth, sometimes people aren't genuine about their answers that they have some great passion or desire. It's just that society wants you to be able to bark out an answer on command if someone asks you something like that - "What are your dreams? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you want to be when you grow up? What is your passion? If you didn't have to worry about money, what would you do?" etc. Many people want nothing more than a comfortable life. Go to work, come home, watch some TV, drink or smoke, have sex (if possible), repeat, maybe have kids.

If you live in a rural area in a nation with the income inequality of America's, many people might subconsciously feel it's not worth it to seriously think about what they would do if they could. As you suggest with "fatally naive", many will also such effort as being a waste of time and effort.

That's not to say you shouldn't try - you can't succeed if you don't try - but the odds are stacked against most people. Everyone has to make a gamble. You're gambling that your effort will be worth it. Others are gambling that their time would be better spent on something like recreation or entertainment.

Yeah you're right. It just sucks cuz I can see the potential in people and I see them being miserable and do nothing about it.

Also the town, I live in hipster town :^)

[ATTACH=full]6239[/ATTACH]

Plenty of high income people here, most of my friends work 2 days a week. But yea I guess it's an effort thing. Just frusterating

Which means any major city. You know you're in a hipster town when you see 27 Vape Shops, one too many tattoo shops and silly fucks with beards that look full-on retard, trendy bars with over-priced drinks and other cunts that try too hard at everything they do.

Yeah you're right. It just sucks cuz I can see the potential in people and I see them being miserable and do nothing about it.

[ATTACH=full]6239[/ATTACH]

Plenty of high income people here, most of my friends work 2 days a week. But yea I guess it's an effort thing. Just frusterating

Try San Francisco some time.

SF is like hipster ground zero, but the tech bros are starting to complete their take over.

Yep. Also the shittier portions of the Bay Area are all headed that way. Oakland, Emeryville, East Palo Alto, Menlo Park, etc.

What's the hipster scene like in Mother Russia? Still stuck in the Adidas/Puma age?

No. It hasn't even gotten to the Addidas Puma stage. Wearing that isn't yet ironic. It's just normal among the gopnik crowd.

No. It hasn't even gotten to the Addidas Puma stage. Wearing that isn't yet ironic. It's just normal among the gopnik crowd.

When I was in Moscow last year there were a ton of hipsters. Maybe not as many as in the Netherlands, but a fair amount nonetheless.

When I was in Moscow last year there were a ton of hipsters. Maybe not as many as in the Netherlands, but a fair amount nonetheless.

Moscow and to a lesser extent St. Petersburg, are the exception. But as soon as you get into the provinces, it all changes.

You should go out to Shoreditch for a night, you'd choke to death of the useless air of Hipster. I feel it's where good things go to die.

Moscow and to a lesser extent St. Petersburg, are the exception. But as soon as you get into the provinces, it all changes.

Have you been all over Russia? I thought you were more of a American-russian.

Have you been all over Russia? I thought you were more of a American-russian.

I come from outside of Moscow.

I come from outside of Moscow.

Aren't you from Voronezh? I have vague memories of a thread ages ago.

low-key making us all feel old

Aren't you from Voronezh? I have vague memories of a thread ages ago.

low-key making us all feel old

Feanor doesn't have any recollection of where exactly he was from in Soviet Russia as his long term memory deteriorated throughout the decades as a result of the Soviet Frozen Heroes Program.

Feanor doesn't have any recollection of where exactly he was from in Soviet Russia as his long term memory deteriorated throughout the decades as a result of the Soviet Frozen Heroes Program.

It's actually a degenerative brain disorder caused by consuming an alcoholic form of machine fluid.