Inferous

Picture of You

Cmoooooon Gemini

Nuuuuu. I'm hoping for a Taurus. Having a Gemini son and a Virgo husband would drive me absolutely bonkers. SO. MUCH. TALKING.

Also, he's a boy and his name is (most likely) going to be Dorian.

Nuuuuu. I'm hoping for a Taurus. Having a Gemini son and a Virgo husband would drive me absolutely bonkers. SO. MUCH. TALKING.

Also, he's a boy and his name is (most likely) going to be Dorian.

Ok, you seriously still believe this bullshit?

Um. My family is Pagan, my grandmother used to be a professional astrologer, and the in depth study of familial natal charts has actually had a profound influence on my life. I'm not talking about horoscopes, that's horseshit and gives astrology a bad name. But actual astrology is always surprisingly accurate.

So, yes. GOT A FUCKING PROBLEM?

• Like 2

Um. My family is Pagan, my grandmother used to be a professional astrologer, and the in depth study of familial natal charts has actually had a profound influence on my life. I'm not talking about horoscopes, that's horseshit and gives astrology a bad name. But actual astrology is always surprisingly accurate.

So, yes. GOT A FUCKING PROBLEM?

No it isn't, and you're free to believe what you want, and I've said it before but it's plainly pseudoscience. The only reason I even ask is because I hate to see people I think highly of believe in such crap.

That's all I'm going to say about it as this is the picture thread, but I think it's a fair illustration of my feeling towards it.

No it isn't, and you're free to believe what you want, and I've said it before but it's plainly pseudoscience. The only reason I even ask is because I hate to see people I think highly of believe in such crap.

That's all I'm going to say about it as this is the picture thread, but I think it's a fair illustration of my feeling towards it.

Until you've had a natal chart reading and learned what astrology is really about, your opinion is invalid and you're just another closed-minded skeptic who gets off on telling people that their opinions are shitty. But thanks anyway for the unprovoked attack on my beliefs. It's always nice being judged for something that has absolutely no bearing on my character whatsoever (nor any influence on your life, for that matter).

I haven't even been back for five posts and I'm already getting attacked for my religion. WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED, DIPLO.

• Like 1

It wasn't really an attack, he was just disagreeing with your statement that "astrology is always surprisingly accurate". He even acknowledged your right to believe in it and that that was all he was going to say on the matter.

Personally I agree with him but if you would like to start a thread in an attempt to inform us of your religion's accuracy, then by all means do so.

P.S I really like the name Dorian.

• Like 1

Until you've had a natal chart reading and learned what astrology is really about, your opinion is invalid and you're just another closed-minded skeptic who gets off on telling people that their opinions are shitty.

I would encourage you to provide evidence. Don't mistake me for someone to discredit something before I've looked into it though, anything I've ever read about astrology that introduces a control measure has not resulted in supporting evidence.

It's always nice being judged for something that has absolutely no bearing on my character whatsoever (nor any influence on your life, for that matter).

Why do you bring your ideas to a forum if not to engage in discourse?

Edit: Calling somebody's belief a pseudoscience is quite close if not that.

That's not an attack, that's a statement of fact using a properly ascribed definition based on current available evidence.

I was referring to the "bullshit" and "crap" thing. Also, saying that you don't like people you think highly of to believe in such things implies that such a belief makes a person lesser.

Also, I've already made an astrology thread here a while ago and I don't have the time or the energy to spend debating with people online about the subject anymore. I'm not interested in convincing anyone of my religion's accuracy, as I DON'T CARE WHAT EVERYONE ELSE BELIEVES. I'd just appreciate not having mine belittled and treated like garbage, especially when I didn't even bring it up in the first place.

I did not come into this thread to defend my religion. I shouldn't be expected to.

• Like 2

I'd just appreciate not having mine belittled and treated like garbage, especially when I didn't even bring it up in the first place.

I did not come into this thread to defend my religion. I shouldn't be expected to.

Fair enough. Please accept my humblest apologies and let us forget this whole matter over a nice smoothie.

• Like 1

<3 <3 <3

I'm glad you like the name Dorian, btw. And Bane, that would be fucking epic (although Dorian Grey is a bit of a cunt)

ALSO JUST FOR THE RECORD, I agree that astrology is a pseudoscience. I'd never refer to it as a science, there's no real proof. I'm logical-minded enough to appreciate that a discipline has to go under intense scrutiny to be accepted into the scientific community. And I don't think that astrology is the only influence on personality, or even the most important. It's like the whole nature vs. nurture thing, just that I happen to think that astrology plays into nature alongside genetics.

What is the point of following a certain religion when it has no influence whatsoever on your life?

• Like 2

She just basically wants her kid born at a certain time. You guys say that's bs but you don't call out Viscount for his racism which is essentially a belief in pseudoscience if you view it all consistently.

Pisces master race, I am FishMan. Does the middle or last name start with a J?

• Like 1

She just basically wants her kid born at a certain time. You guys say that's bs but you don't call out Viscount for his racism which is essentially a belief in pseudoscience if you view it all consistently.

It's not apparent that I disagree with Visc's racism lol?

I'm a Virgo and how did I get dragged into this? Also, my name is VisKnut, not Viscount. You may call me Knut, or Vis though.

• Like 1