DIPLONEWS
  • Don't miss DGL at 8PM EST rotating Saturdays and Sundays.
  • Diplo is getting an Ark server contact Duck for more information.
  • Want to play Dungeons and Dragons? Join D^3 to play now!
  • Want to watch movies with Diplo? Contact BaneBladeLuv for more info on movie night!
Sign in to follow this  
Ser_Fergus

DiploCom Project: Season 2

I need to spend a little more time editing these after I read through them on mobile, but thank you! 

ywo1vkI.jpgDiplocom forces had made landfall in Australia. The facility had been located by local resistance forces, and Diplocom would launch a light

qF2nrVC.jpg

Crack troops were readied. Our equipment was lacking, owing to having accidentally sent it on covert operation, but otherwise things looked good. 

lAtHnn0.jpg

The landing put the team within earshot of the ADVENT forces. 

vqdXbKV.jpg

However, being within earshot did nothing to help the ADVENT fireteam patrolling outside the building, whose first indication of trouble was the violent eruption of the tree they had stopped to chat beside. 

r1UWmgu.jpg

Followed immediately by several short and disciplined bursts of assault rifle fire. 

oBUxgio.jpg

A nearby alien patrol took notice immediately, counterattacking and binding pona with another one of their strange and concerning constructs. 

JLwLMid.jpg

To add oil to the rapidly erupting fire of this firefight, an enormous alien appeared on the teams scopes, coming in hot from the north east. 

eCKVzqG.jpg

Nodle provided it with the old war crime soup. 

svfGUri.jpg

The creature moved on our turn, which panicked nodle and pona. 

8cYA121.jpg

So much so that he... Took cover and opened fire at it? Panicked, predicted my orders, call it what you will. 

WCJGlPx.jpg

The team dumped ammunition into it, as it closed closer and closer to the fireteam. 

cpDmf4B.jpg

By the time it finally reached the line, however, it decided to pursue employment elsewhere, opening a psychic portal and retreating. 

agPcQhg.jpg

The team was bewildered, mildly wounded and somewhat lighter on munitions, but otherwise fine. The mission would go on. 

Iw6kHQ2.jpg

The team moved to the door, and breached in a clean operation. The facility was strangely deserted, considering the scale of battle that had just occurred. 

9iDBhRs.jpg

Units that Spank had cleared out with his sniper rifle were all that inhabited this place. 

I4UKxki.jpg

Finally, another patrol from the other side of the base made itself known. 

xV0e3g1.jpg

Burden made gratuitous use of a sword. 

j1nNcsC.jpg

While the rest of the team mopped up the other aliens. 

5A93xXq.jpg

The charges were planted. 

V7Dt4BO.jpg

And the team extracted fully and cleanly, wounded but alive. 

acDM2sA.jpg

The aliens had unleashed another wunderwaffen on us, but we were not found wanting. 

XIJxHMh.jpg

The thought of losing nodle had put a strange fear in Burden. We have nothing to fear but fear itself, I suppose. 

QlzSceA.jpg

The non diplo troops assassinated someone with a little help from a couple of diplo operatives. 

dYfJ6wk.jpg

The only notable event from that mission was phal punching a woman in the face, kidnapping her, and giving the assassin the middle finger. Oh and ordo was covered in 3rd degree burns when a flame trooper discovered the word of allah. 

Lx0mNWX.jpg

Next person to join diplocom is a lieutenant sharpshooter! 

And that leaves us where that last screenshot was. The rookie mission launches soon! Give me your names! Join the army, we need you! 

Bors has fallen, but I'm sure his brother Baledwyr would gladly take his place.

Also if the Templar is customizable, or if you can get an extra Templar, make me the a Templar and send me forth to psi blade the Xenoes to death. Just free up my current Grenadier for someone else.

I think I can recruit a new one that's customizable if I kill the warlock. Anyone want to take a veteran grenadier slot? 

give it to @SteakOnSpear He died in the line of duty like 8 times in the former Diplocom Operation.

Coming soon! Had to take some time away from video games because my partner was in and out of the hospital a lot, but I've got several write-ups worth of content done, and have some time to play again! 

The coming mission was a suicide mission. The men I sent into this battle had to be good, yet easily bullied into near death situations. There were only two men I trusted with those specific responsibilities 

XEMJiCr.jpg

IHYRq9Q.jpg

neOeZ7c.jpg

The team would include 2 of our attaches, backpack girl, Gavin and BadGav under the capable leadership of Sergeant Nodle. 

zHdFuVy.jpg

The team hit the ground, and entered concealment immediately. The objective was an assassination, so after executing the target, the team would have to hold position until the Skyranger could come around to collect the body. 

37GUNxc.jpg

Our rookies found a fairly heavily defended checkpoint, with few options to get through. 

5UyUubp.jpg

Using a grappling hook, our Skirmisher attache drew the target out of position, before plunging his knives into the target. 

SOs2tY0.jpg

Despite our hopes that this would be quiet, and we wouldn't have to go hot until the skyranger arrived, ADVENT units noticed immediately. 

N6A85O1.jpg

The new blood handled themselves admirably, laying down a withering barrage of fire. 

V0QQRe2.jpg

However, the counterattack was brutal. More ADVENT units pressed through DiploCom's suppressing fire, even destroying leader's cover. 

Zd4UplB.jpg

These were seasoned ADVENT troops, and our rookies found themselves hard pressed. 

KW6JoPb.jpg

Commander Fergus decided for a change in tactics, and ordered judicious usage of explosive to clear out the clumped aliens. 

NDW36BR.jpg

After the explosion, it was followed up with a brutal barrage of assault rifle fire, mowing down one of the elite ADVENT troopers that were trying to push through the gap in our defenses. 

jpFvhCx.jpg

To add more grease onto this oil-fire-of-awful, the huge, mutated berserker the aliens used to crush our elite strike team made its appearance. 

DkwlE68.jpg

Sergeant Nodle reacted quickly. His more seasoned experience meant that he knew this thing was particularly vulnerable to acidic weaponry. He slid the grenade into his launcher, and lined up a shot. 

n0wZldS.jpg

As the creature barreled towards the rookies, our Psionic operative drew her blades, and charged the abomination. Shockingly enough, she managed to pierce its thick hide. 

5gc53Dk.jpg

The creature looked at her with a visage of pure rage. The berserker grapped her, and slammed her body into the ground. Her armour prevented the bulk of the blow, but she was stunned by the impact. 

hu2thI4.jpg

Nodle dived out of the way as the creature ran past. 

MbFObGC.jpg

In the distance, backpack girl's sniping position was under assault by more ADVENT mechanized units. 

aQCDIhg.jpg

With leader remarkably finishing the last one off. 

tFTOjB4.jpg

As more aliens arrived, the Berserker made its retreat through a psionic portal. The reinforcements meant that although the worst was over, the strike team was still in for a fight. 

pNLGAW4.jpg

Gawain charged the creatures, cutting a sectoid in half, turning the fight into a brutal melee

E6pymD9.jpg

Troops moved to flank the other alien section, narrowly avoiding concealed overwatch shots. 

VE7xWwo.jpg

Gawain moved in on the last alien, finishing it off. 

zh1SgBr.jpg

Wounds sustained, but the team returned without a single death. Good work, rookies. 

MzX1wmG.jpg

Leader, having been paired with gavin, seems to have learned a few of the same close quarters tricks. 

I9kRQnW.jpg

Our first experiments with exoskeletons were a resounding success, allowing arthos to carry extremely heavy munitions onto the battlefield. 

3juQW2P.jpg

While the rookies fought their own fight, the more veteran troops deployed on a highly deadly supply run. This would be our chance to give ADVENT forces in the area a hefty knock, and so we went in guns blazing. 

W1R8Ta9.jpg

Lost activity would be a major factor in this mission, and possibly as much of a threat as ADVENT.

3LeePyA.jpg

Fighting was brutal and close quarters. 

FbGnLR1.jpg

But the team pushed on. The rapid fire of assault rifles could be heard from miles away. 

0y2YY87.jpg

Spank took an oversight position, and rained hell down upon the ADVENT forces. 

Bg19k6e.jpg

Thanks to our tactical positioning, the Lost mostly took their wrath out on the ADVENT forces first. 

vtdoP1t.jpg

With Diplo forces laying down the law. 

kaeLY6C.jpg

But ADVENT forces just kept coming! 
qYEVZVF.jpg

And ADVENT's high use of explosives called yet more lost to the battlefield. 

EvCkwOv.jpg

Phal managed to clear a large number out by bursting a flame troopers tank, but this called even more lost to the field. 

i9uMhjT.jpg

The team was constantly running low on ammunition, the lost were so pervasive. 

wLKi4cJ.jpg

As even more ADVENT forces joined the battle, diplo found itself quickly backed into a corner, desperately trying to defend the supplies, lick its wounds and kill all ADVENT forces. 

wTGO1Gn.jpg

As further away in the city, more and more lost entered the fray. 

yO4fdg9.jpg

In a brutal twist, the aliens outflanked diplo with a squad! Diplo forces found themselves badly out of position. 

O3SVByC.jpg

Walrus took an overwatch shot, but it was not enough to stop them. 

vUebbYn.jpg

Pona, who had gone off on an assignment by himself, to secure the crates deeper in the city, found himself in a spot of trouble. 

cJsnLkJ.jpg

In a burst of a green light, the top half of Walrus' body ceased to exist. His valiant stand had held the aliens back for a few precious minutes, but alas he could not hold them forever. He will be remembered

9lamtk4.jpg

And they pressed even further, knocking phal off of his feet! 

KsyqjCW.jpg

Things looked grim, as the team made a fighting retreat. They might have to fall back, in the face of annihilation. 

7TwmiYv.jpg

Yet the team fought with a grit and determination that would have given the spartan's pause. 

gsRVc0Z.jpg

The aliens continued to push on, but were unable to finish the team off. 

Ad9UgmI.jpg

Battered and out of ammo, pona made a dash back to xcom lines to distribute much needed medical supplies, and get phal on his feet. 

jeislty.jpg
Phal and Spank then moved up, and took out the last two aliens. 

mktIsS8.jpg
Although they had been outnumbered nearly 10-1, the team returned successful. The loss of walrus was tragic, and the loss of the one turncoat ADVENT trooper was mildly inconvenient, the supplies gained would be invaluable to completing the shadow chamber.

3pkEnur.jpg

Stormy's confidence grew. 

H6X5Z9D.jpg

Gavin and Leader returned from their assignment, and had become quite adept at working side by side. 

QopoylX.jpg

The council had thoughts for us. They were still paying for things though, so I guess it wasn't all bad. 

LXG47Q5.jpg

Pona had been on an assignment with our psionic friend, and things had apparently gone poorly. 

(Commander's note: Do not send the chinese girl with pona. It will end in disaster) 

xRveofj.jpg

The first thing the two did upon discovering the ambush was to jump underneath the streets. 

tc6wLwm.jpg

And pop out on the other side. Omae wo mo whatever the fuck. 

VOhzUeu.jpg

Did I mention I love the psychic barrier? 

Tprq7Mo.jpg
The team took yet another detour, up through an abandoned apartment complex. 

RO35MWn.jpg

They had a few friends over, but other than that, progress was quick and efficient. 

EpRJFXQ.jpg

ADVENT had a flame team guarding the landing zone, but this was of little concern to the team, if they could make it past them. 

7MpjPMt.jpg

Easily done. 

jzLbwIo.jpg

To end the first half of this episode off, Stormy would take Krotos to recce the chosen's stronghold, before allowing a full strike team to be ordered. 

VmSgitW.jpg

While stormy and Krotos engaged with the primary objective, the Templar's had a promising lead for us. Given that diplo's relation with science has always been shaky, we needed all the help we could get. 

IbKgP29.jpg

The objective was simple. An ADVENT scientist had gone rogue, and kill teams were searching the subway for her. The Diplocom team would insert, smash any ADVENT troops they encountered, before falling back. 

2vOK1ou.jpg

The team made good headway without attracting any attention, but found a squad of ADVENT troops between them and her hiding spot. 

qpiOH4i.jpg

And as soon as the team opened fire, all of the ADVENT forces nearby made rapid headway towards them. 

qUNUb4c.jpg

With a chosen leading them, to boot! 

HgwGbfQ.jpg

The team pushed through, fighting an ugly urban melee to make their way to her hiding spot. 

rwtfHEd.jpg

Yet more and more continued to pour in through the northern subway. 

O3hxntq.jpg

With more and more reinforcements arriving. 

Oh4dhNn.jpg

Yet the aliens reliance on psychic powers meant that the team was able to drive them back with a close range high explosive counterattack. 

djvkcr4.jpg

As if on queue, Firebrand blew through the roof, to extract the fireteams. 

q9rlGLK.jpg

Although Spanks encounter with psychic powers had left him mentally unsound. 

T8YpzuU.jpg

For the rest of the teams, though, the war continued. It was a deep cover hacking mission, with a middling priority. Spank was back in the fight, whether he was ready or not. 

uxQHRVS.jpg

Luckily, intel was perfect for this mission. DiploCom operatives had reconnoitered every single aspect of the location, the patrols and the objective. 

iHDmYlf.jpg

This lead to a brutal collection of opening moves by XCOM. 

o3LldQP.jpg

A salvo to remind the aliens that they were certainly on the backfoot at the moment. 

ggwhQ5r.jpg

The aliens that survived the initial barrage attempted to fight back, but were clearly on the back foot. 

LbOt6bB.jpg

Although we had tried to avoid provoking it, the berserker queen made one more appearance. 

nxRxcSo.jpg

She was badly wounded though, and this was our chance to finish her off, for good. 

papVa55.jpg

The team opened up, badly wounding her as she closed. 

8uj963H.jpg

As she ran towards burden, he drew his sword and brought it down in a mighty overhead swing. Her momentum carried the body beyond burden, as she fell to the ground, quite dead. 

E6s6XAH.jpg

The objective was nearby, and easily achieved after that. 

aHkeU8a.jpg

After that though, Gavin acquired something that I had known since we were kids. 

0pd4ziR.jpg

During that mission, Stormy had returned to base with the intel we needed. It was time to pay this bitch back for thurr and bors. 

fZlnPML.jpg

OPERATION: IRON KNIFE 
An insertion into the higher levels of the chosen's stronghold. We'd be fighting our way through the stronghold before finally confronting the assassin herself. It'd be a dangerous assignment, but one of the rare cases where we might be able to strike a truly crippling blow to the Elders. Commander Fergus especially seemed to have an unhealthy level of satisfaction as the dropship pulled away. 

tMznCGV.jpg

And in the background, he had arthos and ordo work on a similar operation plan for the warlock. Although not as much of a headache as the assassin, he was high on Commander Fergus' hit list. 

KgoPhCr.jpg

The team would be assembled from the best troops with the most antagonism towards the assassin. Phal, Spank Stormy and Burden had all been early squadmates of Bors', and had a personal stake in her death. Pona and Dragunova had nearly met their ends in an ambush by the chosen. 

BkZfNzn.jpg

The gunship blew a hole in the side of her tower, before firing the team in. 

BhtyqPk.jpg

The team advanced up to a hangar, the first step on the way towards her inner sanctum, and immediately the scale of this engagement was obvious. 

OAoMy3g.jpg

...But their spacing was terrible.  A grenade cleared that right up. 

FUlwWOV.jpg

Or three. 

tKEn0Zx.jpg

When facing a big problem, reduce its size via explosives. 

6kfEwzk.jpg

The fighting was brutal, with the squad giving one of the best opening barrages in DiploCom history. 

c8bIOLE.jpg

But still the enemy fought back, bolstered by numbers that befit such a stronghold. 

XZuh5vl.jpg

However, the team had come too far to be driven back now. 

Ko9AdHs.jpg

The battle turned into more or less an advancing firefight, without a second for the team to catch their breath. 

kryfNP5.jpg

Swarms of bloody nids seemed to be kept by the chosen like lapdogs. Even as the team defeated the conventional foes, a new challenge presented itself. 

B4R3Hk7.jpg
Although even as that battle raged on, recce elements spotted the teleporter. 

9iXc46U.jpg

Which was one hell of an impetus to wrap that battle up as soon as possible. 

D1UlwKa.jpg
With everything on the floor killed or disabled, the team moved into the portal. 

08nQBz3.jpg
A purple glow enveloped the team, and they found themselves standing in a strange sanctum. 

vl9aOE2.jpg

That's one hell of an architectural decision. Thank goodness for all of these chest high walls around. 

AYigYPp.jpg

Kind of you to join us, master skywalker. 

1U00OMh.jpg

Of course, we couldn't have our little rendezvous without friends. 

pgLC4Wq.jpg

The chosen attempted to turn invisible and sneak up on the squad. This did not amuse them. 

qkj3wLU.jpg

As the entire team turned their weapons towards her, the assassin was eviscerated. 

cqD70Jc.jpg

Yet she returned to her coffin. It was clear what needed to be done. Yet as soon as she did so, more aliens appeared out of the portal. 

M1xcViE.jpg

Stormy soon found himself fighting a berserker in close combat, a practice described by 9/10 chiropractors as 'bad for your back'

bp5MEjl.jpg

The sarcophagus also proved to be quite durable. It was rapidly looking like this mission wasn't going to be as easy as the chosen falling had made it seem. 

r8gNTKb.jpg

The assassin emerged again, and was once more cut down in a hail of accurate rifle fire. 

NcpM8Br.jpg

With a moment to aim their weapons, the strike team annihilated the sarcophagus in a barrage of anti materiel munitions. 

ShMVk50.jpg

Forced out of her sarcophagus, the chosen called on the last of her reinforcements as she prepared to make her stand. 

GUojQPJ.jpg

Burden strode forward, ignoring the barrage of fire that was directed at stopping him. He racked his shotgun, and blasted her off her feet. 

KVpr32H.jpg

The assassin dragged herself to her feet. She staggered, swaying against the glow of the artifact behind her. She drew her blade in a salute to the fireteam, before finishing herself off. 

lVBeuje.jpg

Although everyone in the team had been wounded, this would be a huge boost for morale. 

image.thumb.png.4b30d6d4c69c7168e56ab84999f6a663.png

Something resistance ops was quick to capitalize on

e70yH18.jpg

And we picked up some snazzy tools for our trouble. 

qLdSS9n.jpg
What the reapers had been unable to do in 20 years of secret war, Commander Fergus had accomplished in 3 months. The resolve, dedication and wrath of DiploCom could no longer be doubted. 

JSzMa1p.jpgProgress continued in the meantime. 

SaNIheI.jpg

Lots of secret operations were conducted. 

eGWRQhS.jpg

Pona and our reaper would find the warlock, and the next step in my revenge would be conducted. 

9a6BxJV.jpg

However, the commander's personal crusade would have to wait. The blacksite had become an absolute strongpoint for ADVENT, who believed it to not have been located by the resistance, despite having existed for so long. Although some had questioned the commander's decision to let it exist for this long, it was clear that ADVENT had been lulled into putting all of their eggs in one blacksite, so to say. 

tMwrPVz.jpg
The team would have to fight through a not insignificant garrison, of course, but local resistance ops were on site to provide support. 

yLFsaI5.jpg

However, the team found a new giant alien to contend with, and a trap waiting for them. What a wonderful day. 

wmzFBOp.jpg

The aliens were no match for the awesome power of the high ground, however. 

niJ9A9w.jpg

Leaving the team free to stack up on the door. 

m7hHBuR.jpg

The facility itself was empty, although the garrison from the far side was still there. 

wgt70OO.jpg

Leader finally got a chance to try out his new tricks. 

hLqBbAH.jpg
Charges were planted, and it looked like another clean getaway for diplocom. 

kRfbl1N.jpg

The team was picked up from the roof of the facility, to boot, so extraction was extremely close.

aXryhpJ.jpg

f0rL3dL.jpg

The team pulled away, and watched months of ADVENT research go up in smoke. 

So apparently diplo decided to eat my entire post. I'm going to get a beer and try and rehammer this episode out. Somebody pray for the soul of the quality of my prose. 

OPERATION DEFIANT ROSE
3aTCW99.jpg

The mission? Gather intel on the location DiploCom science operatives had managed to pull out of the codex brain. 
The Enemy Presence: Intel said this place was either a citadel, or it was deserted. I was going to have my intelligence operative shot. 

F0uqkHC.jpg

The site itself was quite eery, being filled with downed german fighter aircraft from the first war against the aliens. 
47DU5x7.jpg

Company was immediate and not particularly friendly, and it looked likely that this place was going to fall under the 'citadel' category. 

PEr6qN7.jpg

Nonetheless, the team pressed on. Whatever was here was worth seventeen million layers of encryption, and if ADVENT wanted it protected so badly, we were going to have to break it. 

85faCmc.jpg

The enemies seemed to have a strong psychic presence. Concerning, but a problem for the future. 

ZjsqHOL.jpg
And of course, what good is a strong psychic presence without the biggest of them all. 

RQXV6FL.jpg

The firefight was slow going, with Diplocom operatives finding themselves trapped between the rubble and rapidly approaching Chryssalids. 

Y5pPXdL.jpg

Very rapidly approaching. 

kgb5AQM.jpg

Nonetheless, disciplined gunplay stacked the enemy high. 

P07rLO2.jpg

The warlock harassed the team with psychic suicide bombers, but Ordo and Gavin kept them at bay. 

B3WXx8S.jpg

Krotos discovered that there were chrysallids hiding underground. Apparently he still holds a grudge over this. Don't mention it in the barracks. 

wWf2fI0.jpg

They were cleared out nonetheless. Despite being assigned to 'skull fuck the spiky aliens in melee', my brother perplexes me with his continued survival. I now understand how the emperor felt with the Ultramarines. 

afI5ZlB.jpg

Good lord though, there were a lot of these chrysallids. Whatever was here must be quite valuable for the aliens. 

AfBragb.jpg

Ordo, reminding the aliens which direction space is. 

GUYffT1.jpg

So this is what they were so determined to defend.
mIotqp9.jpg

It produces large marbles, apparently? 

God, aliens can be so stupid. 

uNpJrgc.jpg

Oh and apparently it's also a psychic god. 

55IwKYt.jpg

Explosives! 

2GxfcKX.jpg

Burden provides more explosives! 

PJrgsyF.jpg
And shotgun shells! 
k9iab4s.jpg

Apparently that did not kill it. And then, things got messy. 

mPunTW7.jpg

With the chosen of course, providing more help. Lovely.

TnyLoXq.jpg
Of course, when conventional armaments fail, there's always the human fallback. 

0uCWxeN.jpg

Sidenote: The number of chrysallids is ridiculous. 

FUK7yKw.jpg

With the bulk of the alien force defeated, the surviving team members pushed on. 
uup3KLJ.jpg

While our skirmisher ally fell back.

XZ5oI7k.jpg

We were greeted by an alien throwing a tantrum that we broke his special marble.  

vwk3SpH.jpg

He was also apparently pretty good at killing us. 

bnrI6Ou.jpg

But not at surviving close range buckshot. 

60Ns4K1.jpg

We managed to pull Krotos out before he bled to death, so overall this was a fairly successful mission. 

k9Ru8hU.jpg

Return, conquering heroes. 

BK0dlLg.jpg

Solid progress, to boot! 
CU1Z9jI.jpg

Pona managed to track the Warlock from his battered retreat from the Psionic Gate. He was apparently from Quebec or Newfoundland. This did not surprise Commander Fergus even a tiny amount. 
EQU1v2i.jpg
After a quick Guerilla op, we would strike. 

9PLdO9t.jpg

It was a quick in and out, assassinate a field commander and get out. 
E1SSDn4.jpg

The team spread out to try and locate him. 
IG4o1NV.jpg

The city block had been the site of a firefight some weeks before, and still showed the signs of the damage. 

2E0du6t.jpg

We were spotted before the enemy commander could be located. 
7AMQ7Ft.jpg

Luckily, the enemy commander took command of the situation. 

joCnxAE.jpg
For the 12 and a half seconds it took our templar operative to cover the ground towards him. 

EEY65Y3.jpg

And to be lined up in Phal's sights. 

J2fUafw.jpg

Even as he fell, more ADVENT troops poured onto the scene. We'd have to clear them out to make room for corpse recovery. 

8OvWmxw.jpg

As ADVENT sent some kind of freakish Viper variant at us to head up the assault. 

U8HVGoN.jpg

He and Phal got cozy. 

dyfkuLj.jpg

Meanwhile, stormy was beaten up by the police. Typical. 

6bwdBTT.jpg

The templar rushed to phal's aid. 

KrQgJ3e.jpg

While pona worked on the rest of the conventional troops. 

Pw3Fd3j.jpg
I sent gavin and leader to school. 

1ESR7au.jpg

With that out of the way, the time was upon us. 

Edited by Ser_Fergus

Diplo autoposted that first one, but at least it didn't delete it: Part 2 of Episode 8! 
wPmZuFJ.jpg

It was going to be a crack team that went in. Our best and brightest. 

YPgRtdy.jpg

We had the experience of the Assassins stronghold, and knew roughly what to expect. 

zEtOJDy.jpg

Defenses seemed initially lighter than what the assassin had in store for us. 

T0uSWs6.jpg

Spank introduced our gatecrashers. 

EtPXnDf.jpg

While the rest of our team made themselves known. 

ZCd5oWI.jpg

Yet even more aliens appeared. Each firefight leading into the next. 

M00kqPl.jpg

The team wasn't here to fry small fish, though. Brutal aggression was the name of the game. 

i4qkVad.jpg

The team pressed on, with the sounds of skittering already informing them of what the next room would contain. 

44ZhrVr.jpg

As spank stormed the room, they appeared to be somewhat closer to the door than perhaps we had originally expected. 

aE93J8u.jpg

Arthos however, subscribed to the Aliens style of creepy crawly disposal. 

45lNSaX.jpg
In the distance, disco inferno was playing. Nobody knows why the Warlock was listening to bad 70s pop, but who can truly understand the aliens thought process. 
INXuS5I.jpg
Gunfire made short work of those who were left. 

XO40m0A.jpg

And with that, the portal was open. While the rest of the team looked on with concern and apprehension, burden simply took a drag and started walking forward. 
qkPxGpV.jpg
A familiar looking sarcophagus hung in the center of the room. 

VHImNoC.jpg
As heavy ADVENT units began to be teleported in. 

IuJw4dO.jpg
The brief calm was broken as the firefight erupted, shattering the delicate glasswork of the citadel. 

BG4ilKD.jpg

A brief stop to cure some poison, and the team pressed on to the sarcophagus. 

Kgsyqlu.jpg

The warlock finally deigned to greet us. 

Z0tq7Ii.jpg

God made man, and God made aliens, but Smith and Wesson made them equal. 

8yqQquE.jpg

Burden channeled his inner weeb, cutting the warlock down before he could finish whatever incantation he was attempting to perform.

tNzIzVg.jpg

While the rest of the team set to work on the sarcophagus. 

6u6IN0V.jpg

More ADVENT forces came to try and preserve their champion, to  little avail. 

6p88YtB.jpg

Round after round pounded the sarcophagus. 

HMAbIVy.jpg

As yet more aliens poured out of the gap. 

ut2OFMf.jpg

The danger of being overwhelmed was rapidly increasing. 

0wtJota.jpg

Half of the team set about keeping the enemy busy. 

4TH3Ilo.jpg

And busy they kept them

Rh9de3A.jpg
As wave after wave of aliens were cut down. 

0WCoqNY.jpg

Burden finally broke the sarcophagus open. 

pd3lRcr.jpg

The warlock reemerged, having been brought down to mortality at last. 

mNwv72l.jpg
Meanwhile, Arthos found himself in cqc with an 11 foot robot sarcophagus. Fun. 

llOoYmW.jpg

However, the situation was rapidly stabilized once again, via application of buckshot. 

NYjHkFI.jpg
A beautiful op, gentlemen. 

Great episode. I especially liked the part where you killed aliens. 

• Like 1

amIMDZt.jpg
With the commander not in a drug addled state, perhaps the quality of AARs would improve once again. Who knows? Certainly not the commander. bPV7Ap5.jpg

It took exactly ten minutes for that illusion to fall apart. DiploCom's flagship, known by many names, found its skyworthiness being aggressively renegotiated by a squadron of alien interceptors. 

dEi90Mp.jpg

The mission to get our ship back in the sky was going to be a dangerous one. The team would have to move far into enemy forces, destroy their anti air capabilities, and then try and make it back before we were forced to retreat. Therefore the commander made the choice to send non diploers and eastern europeans into the fray. 

Wha6SV5.jpg

In a stroke of luck, the beacon was relatively close to the ship! Damned aliens can't plan a battle worth shite. 

rne4rpC.jpg

Those not capable of steal established a defensive line, as more diploers poured off the ship to aid in its defense. 

Ogkz1Sb.jpg

As was expected, more aliens made themselves known. 

Owb4jcg.jpg

In what was maybe the most anticlimactic mission yet, a stealthy car detonation destroyed the anti air device. 

3PhN7qm.jpg

The aliens pressed up, but they failed to notice the steal operatives less than 20m from them. 

fUODU7H.jpg

The team made their way back to the ship with ease. Beautifully executed. 

TMQsGrv.jpg

The operation, despite its ominous name had turned out to be a quick and brutal success. 

vAdUsN7.jpg

Gawain and Leader returned from the field, bringing important information. 

ToWX8uV.jpg
Like, I can't stress how important.

4meQmMr.jpg

In the nick of time, too! 

9BGjZwd.jpg

Powered armour was going to be the game changer in that operation. Our troops suited up, and prepared to insert.

cL8Rbbx.jpg

Gavin, Leader, Nodle, Ordo, Spank and Pona would head in on this one. 

ZqZ4C45.jpg

The place was ugly. Poisonous gases drifted through the streets, as our troops applied rebreathers.

KYm2Pdw.jpg

Visibility was severely curtailed, leaving us failing in the smoke.

S5l1jvr.jpg

Which actually played to our advantage, as pona managed to gain control of a sectopod. Heavy armour would be very helpful here.

ybOvcHf.jpg

Yet all of the sudden, the smoke sank back. We found ourselves in the middle of an enormous battle, with minimal cover. 

GWL2fNb.jpg

Thankfully the lost managed to tie up the majority of our opponents, who were in turn surrounding the personnel we needed to extract.

C02LOGj.jpg

Diplocom forces immediately stormed the left flank, while the hacked sectopod engaged the right. 

CDa37Sj.jpg

It was nice to have this kind of destructive force on our side for once.

uVlZtFn.jpg

The team then moved in behind it to follow in its wake. 

n00qmsm.jpg

However, the aliens had lain a trap! 
I9s1O4J.jpg

Which bugged out, and left spank still alive and able to be hit by a lost on their turn. Fate is certainly with us today. 

cmohvPz.jpg

As the diplocom team made it to the first set of resistance operatives, they joined us, adding the weight of their fire to ours. 

AoEyr5E.jpg

With that out of the way, nodle and pona pressed on to the extraction zone to clear the LZ.

cmjqisc.jpg

With it clear, the team made a clean extraction. 

axBSd0W.jpg

More technology was stolen from ADVENT. 

And we gathered a bundle of new recruits! 
GSiKfwl.jpg
Phalanx had returned from his time in the nepalese monastery, and man was this the weirdest spirit finding journey I have ever seen. 

Mkb1PrM.jpg
Apparently denmark's not a real country under the aliens, and steak joined the war! 

Pgt1PmS.jpg
Apparently I couldn't change the gender of this one, so I had to scrape the barrel for memories of diplo women. 

net1RwD.jpg

Ah yes, the autism alliance. 

qrCX9GQ.jpg
And we'll leave it here for right now!

OPERATION HELLISH FEAR

NMUmXmS.jpg
By analyzing the Psionic Gate we had recovered, we managed to trace where all the processed biological material that these ADVENT blacksites produced had been going to. Enemy opposition would be stiff, but nothing we hadn't faced before. Steak, Burden, Stormy, Pona and Arthos would be heading in on this one. 

lt5aMay.jpg

As we did a drop ship flyby, the place looked active, but not particularly fortified. 

5aQEIme.jpg

A belief the commander held right up until the point that turrets opened up on the fireteam's insertion point. Lovely. 

Nd6BYKF.jpg

Stormy apparently forgot how computers work. 

hkRCgLa.jpg

Thankfully, Arthos' attempt to gain control of the alien defense network was significantly more successful. 

aGmiL0O.jpg

The opposition nonetheless seemed fairly insubstantial. 

erNn2a2.jpg

The elders seemed to have realized the depth of their mistake, scrambling the chosen to try and counter our advance into the Forge facility.

zCEeqgx.jpgThe firefight at the perimeter was progressing smoothly however. 

1QRkTWd.jpg

They utilized their usual bag of tricks, but none of it did more than scratch our new power armour.

goax1gt.jpg

As the team pressed on, opening unconventional routes through the ADVENT base

anjP5zA.jpg
Unfortunately, the team found themselves looking at a chokepoint, with the chosen covering it with his sniper. This wouldn't be pretty. 

SLjvXwC.jpg

Instead of shooting us, though, he opted to summon more allies? Which I suppose isn't the worst plan, but... 

J8ghc1U.jpg

They needed to make it through our gun line, which they would not survive. Stormy marked them with his holo-targetting, and the rest came quickly. 

FOtRr4c.jpg

With the chosen tranquilizing him as a reaction. 

aCcve43.jpg

As the firefight continued, we could hear a sectopod coming to join the fray. Things were soon to get worse. 

jwkjbZy.jpg

Immediately, it turned the weight of the firefight against the diplo team. 

xge8Bfy.jpg

Yet just as it seemed we'd have to retreat, the Chosen grappled to our side of the river to try and flashbang our troops... Bringing him within convenient shotgun range. 

VzJTiV4.jpg

Burden was happy to oblige him. 

7ruMDyi.jpg

While arthos and the rest of the team made judicious use of explosives to finish off the sectopod. 

rRWqOvL.jpg

This did unfortunately, draw the attention of the rest of the garrison. 

VEaMg0a.jpg

Leading to steak beginning operation 'double down'.

IC5aV7T.jpg

Stormy was knocked off his feet by the psychic assault however. 

JOqLz5w.jpg

Which made little difference as the rest of the team finished it off. 

LRPbwXG.jpg

Seeing active hostiles inside of the building, the fireteam just began riddling the place with munitions. 

8lxzuAQ.jpg

Somehow, we managed not to break their precious test tubes. 

OWqYOmG.jpg

ADVENT had begun airdropping reinforcements, so the team made doublequick time inside, fighting all the while. 

pEdGT2S.jpg

Pona rushed through the facility, gunning troops down as he ran, with steak hot on his heels. 

prPL8ZQ.jpg

As they entered the final chamber, ADVENT had decided to place their best troops inside the highly fragile avatar chamber. Brilliant. 

xdUop9H.jpg

The other half of the team made ingress through a large hole that the firefight had opened up. 

fMnXjMm.jpg

Leading to a case of 'sudden xenocide' 

dFhAwvR.jpg

However, the aliens did manage to give our boys a good knock. 

zXTVAPp.jpg

But burden managed to grab the alien, while steak covered him. 

EEZ6qDi.jpg

As ADVENT interceptors soared in, the team decided it was time to leave. 

zBZVHJj.jpg

And so they did. 

Pgd7Qsz.jpg

Whatever's in here was worth quite a lot to the aliens. 

ExrYoEU.jpg

Back on the Avenger, I sent krotos to PTSD school. 

• Like 1

Ahh yes, soon the Xeno's will know fear!

As commander fergus has been recalled to handle affairs, the war is at a stalemate until domestic issues are resolved! 

12 hours ago, Ser_Fergus said:

As commander fergus has been recalled to handle affairs, the war is at a stalemate until domestic issues are resolved! 

Why do good content creators always have such an unreliable schedule.