DIPLONEWS
  • Don't miss DGL at 8PM EST rotating Saturdays and Sundays.
  • Diplo is getting an Ark server contact Duck for more information.
  • Want to play Dungeons and Dragons? Join D^3 to play now!
  • Want to watch movies with Diplo? Contact BaneBladeLuv for more info on movie night!
Sign in to follow this  
NerZhulen

Autowin conditions

Hello everyone,

so I just played a game of LR (2.05hotfix) after a looong time. I noticed one player capturing an obelisk, holding it for 5 minutes and all players got disconnected from the game.

I cannot express how amazing this feature is. I have never seen something so brilliant added to any game ever. It respects the lore, its newbie friendly and overall amazing addition.

Now seriously, If you want a winning condition, make it so if one player holds every controll point on the map (excluding dungeons, which can apparently be blocked), then a victory timer starts.

After someone completes the conditions, people should not get disconnected OMG !!, just write in game who is the winner lul....

NerZhulen

Edited by NerZhulen

For simplicity, I think it should be based on your total gold income.

So in Azeroth wars there's about 2000 gold per minute you can capture. Make it so that if you and your allies control 1600 gold per minute worth of control points, the timer begins. 1600g/min would be the same as having control of 80% of the map.

2 hours ago, Talinn said:

80-85% of cps is best.

That might be the best, gaining like 80 to 90% of CP seems more logical than destroying every single building from the enemies. 
Another choice could be to distribute the amount of CP in total if you are playing with a team of, 3 or couple. 
For example:
I remember that the total of CP is between 100 to 110, looking in a simple number could be 100 for now to do the example of math. Now, if you pick to win by CP could be between 80% to 90% depending on if you play alone or with a team. 

The idea could be if 1 person wants to win alone, must have the 80% of CP in total so it might be 80 CP to win.
Meanwhile, if you play with a partner, they must have the 85% of CP so that could be 85 CP in total between both of them.
And for the last one, a team of 3, they must have 90% of CP (90 CP in total with the team)

I found it more balanced when you compare a game you play alone vs you play with a team, obviously playing with a team will be easier to capture CP faster than a lone person.

Another option is to take all the Main Buildings from the enemies like Ogrimmar, Frozen Throne,  Capital Palace, Stormgarde and the others, the main problem of it is that they could focus on the main buildings instead of a good fight. 

I think there should be no victory conditions for a team.

If your team is winning the game should incentivize you to unally your allies and destroy them as well.

If you want to trigger the victory trigger, you should have total domination and be the last one standing.

7 hours ago, NerZhulen said:

I think there should be no victory conditions for a team.

If your team is winning the game should incentivize you to unally your allies and destroy them as well.

If you want to trigger the victory trigger, you should have total domination and be the last one standing.

The main problem of it is especially for the Alliance's Team, they complement each other in the aspect of offensive and defensive, split that team will prejudicate them in long plays unless they team with someone else. Is true that there are some exceptions like Pink (Thrall's Horde) and Gray (Warsong Clan) and maybe the South Alliance but in the end will mean that the teams since the beginning will split and will force to plan a backstab between them during the game instead of focussing the principal objective of their race.