OmegaKnight

The laughable state of wc3: reforged

After the tide of crap changes i've noticed around the internet, i decided to take a look at Diplomunion to see what was the general idea about said changes. I'm somehwat surprised to see theres barley any thread about wc3, supposedly the discussion is on discord, but since im not interested in discord, im trying to open discussion on the forum too.

In short, what the hell happened?  The terms of use are dystopic tier.

All copyrighted names will be banned. Some to give an example: DBZ, Pokemon related maps
Evrything made in the editor will automatically become blizzard property

Any map maker who's not a retard will never upload their map ever again, because they'll technically work for free for Activision who's hoping the next DotA map will just pop up out of nowhere as a custom map

Implementation of a report system, outside of the end of banter and unpopoular opinions, this also means that edgy, "offensive" maps like "revenge of the nagas" or ones that used adult themes (not like i played those *cough*) will be bloody goners.

Graphics are mobile tier, shading sucks balls, and the new artstyle imo is awful, they ditched the cartoony style and went for this uncanny valley of realism that i cant bear to watch. 

They didnt even bother to create a cinematic for the arthas vs illidan fight, in fact it might even look worse, what a waste.

But worst of all, the reforge game comes out with a 30 gb update for the OLD wc3 which updates the client to the modern standard (bugged as hell from what i heard) and adds some.....questionable models

Btw, can anyone confirm if the placeholder icon was changed?

TL;DR: this remake is a bad joke.  Fuck nu-blizzard.

I can speak to the models. 

The female death knight and demon hunter are pre-order edition features that they added to the game but to the best of my knowledge if you play with classic graphics they don't show up as the female variations of the hero. 

For example I switched to classic last night to test graphics and my pre-order skin for the thrall far seer didnt show up in classic. 

Well this is unfortunate. And I liked the job they did SC.

To my knowledge, custom maps were already Blizzard's property, and the legal disclaimer they posted was copy pasted word for word from the one they had years ago. So in that sense none of their policy changed . Old wc3 just didn't really have a report system.

All the commenters on Reddit and on the Battle.net forums that criticize the Malaysian studio are somewhat misinformed. It's perfectly reasonable to outsource a large art workload to another company, what's not reasonable is the fact that Blizzard had a skeleton crew of people actually working on gameplay, UI, cinematics etc.

They did really fuck up, but some of these issues will be resolved. To what extent I can't say.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

So I played the intro campaign on reforged, and it was fine. But I think the problem is that they have destroyed the old game, as well as cutting some major features. Apparently custom campaigns are no longer a thing? That's really disappointing. And it's metacritic score is now a 0.8. 

On 1/31/2020 at 12:07 AM, Talinn said:

To my knowledge, custom maps were already Blizzard's property, and the legal disclaimer they posted was copy pasted word for word from the one they had years ago. So in that sense none of their policy changed . Old wc3 just didn't really have a report system.

Doubt it, since DoTA exists in valve hands and blizzard is still butthurt to these days, they went full draconian to avoid a possible DoTA incident,

On 1/31/2020 at 12:07 AM, Talinn said:

All the commenters on Reddit and on the Battle.net forums that criticize the Malaysian studio are somewhat misinformed. It's perfectly reasonable to outsource a large art workload to another company, what's not reasonable is the fact that Blizzard had a skeleton crew of people actually working on gameplay, UI, cinematics etc.

They did really fuck up, but some of these issues will be resolved. To what extent I can't say.

WC3 is the holy grail of blizzard, probably their most important title since it became the basis for the biggest mmorpg ever, seeing it outsourced its by itself a shameful display, but thinking that blizzard postponed the relase of the game and greenlighted this buggy mess its absolutely laughable

On 1/30/2020 at 9:37 PM, Feanor said:

Well this is unfortunate. And I liked the job they did SC.

Unfortunate indeed, since they did a  good job with that.

It appears, to my dismay, that they went ahead and actually changed the iconic icon of placeholder, you know, this one: Post image

On reforged we have this instead.....

Post image

Very cool blizzard or whoever tought this was fine, totally not shitting on samwise legacy, the guy who also sings the credits song.

Can anyone confirm if there were removed quotes from the units? i heard the g string joke from elven archers, the "bear ass" from claw druids and the dryad "human mating call" are goners.

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT DEATH KNIGHT FEMALE MODEL

AHAHAHAHAHAH

HOLY SHIT

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

this is by far the most hilarious shit i seen

this is just arthas with make up

LMAOOOOOOOOO

7 hours ago, ponasozis said:

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT DEATH KNIGHT FEMALE MODEL

AHAHAHAHAHAH

HOLY SHIT

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

this is by far the most hilarious shit i seen

this is just arthas with make up

LMAOOOOOOOOO

Female DH is the lost Bogdanoff sister.

"He bought? Reforge it."

Imagine making such a shitty remake that you retoractively destroy the original that was relased 17 years ago.

By the way, theres tons of other ridicolous shit like: http://i.4cdn.org/v/1580585960921.web

And many other missing features, or just bugged (clans, chat, whispers)

There is also a word filter (expected in a 2k20 game i guess), problem is it censor words like "booty"....or "war"..

The state of Blizzard is atrocious I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that they royally screwed up the remaster in such a spectacular fashion. I'm glad I didn't purchase a copy yet, though it appears my wc3 classic is fucked as well now can't even get the graphics to stop bugging out on my pc..

At least we got this 

https://www.warcraft3refunded.com/

Edited by Contingency

41 minutes ago, Contingency said:

The state of Blizzard is atrocious I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that they royally screwed up the remaster in such a spectacular fashion. I'm glad I didn't purchase a copy yet, though it appears my wc3 classic is fucked as well now can't even get the graphics to stop bugging out on my pc..

At least we got this 

https://www.warcraft3refunded.com/

Well that sucks, sorry to hear that 

So real fun fact is that despite all of this shit that went down. Warcraft 3: Reforged still has a skeleton crew working on it and they don't intent to live up to the promises they once so boldly made, instead all I am reading and hearing from Blizzard are excuses and blaming their fanbase for being disappointed at their shit. This isn't how the gaming community works, this might be a business but a business should be done right, unless you do right by your consumer they won't do right by you. Apparently Blizzard has forgotten the golden rule that the client is always right. People who love Diablo should be worried since it is the next major Blizz release.

What this game really needs is another year of work and a dedicated team of professionals to bring back what was promised. Then and only then it might be worth 30 euro. 

Now it is worse than the original so the ratings are well deserved. Dissapointing.

I would say Blizzard and Activision's days are numbered.... and after all they put us through the last thing they deserve is the peace of death! 

Резултат с изображение за „death knight“

• Penguin 1