DIPLONEWS
  • Don't miss DGL at 8PM EST rotating Saturdays and Sundays.
  • Diplo is getting an Ark server contact Duck for more information.
  • Want to play Dungeons and Dragons? Join D^3 to play now!
  • Want to watch movies with Diplo? Contact BaneBladeLuv for more info on movie night!
Sign in to follow this  
Abdel

Abdel's World

So I view a lot of ideas and news outlets that most might be unfamiliar with and they shape my worldview, opinions and life in general. I thought I'd dedicate a thread to those things I found interesting during my travels on the world wide web. 

CIA involvement in funding and orchestrating revolutionary and resistance movements globally is well documented, now it comes home:

Glenn Greenwald is a good read 90% of the time:

Its another day that ends with "y" so we have a war to look forward to in 15 years. Place your bets now: 

4 hours ago, Abdel said:

Yes, that erection would really make it hard to "rest".

• Ayyy 1

There's nothing particularly different about now. We're just shifting towards a multipolar world once again. 

13 hours ago, Ser_Fergus said:

There's nothing particularly different about now. We're just shifting towards a multipolar world once again. 

Yes but the US is clearly not going to let go of it's hegemony easily, and the Chinese are having some serious growing pains as well. Plus Russia still occasionally acts like it's the USSR, just a little weaker, when it's really nowhere near super power status.

That's why I love India, it is not quite as willing to play the farcical game of GDP rankings, military expenditures, and global influence.  This whole idea has seemed to seep into the psyche of the Indian government:

"We should judge ourselves not against the achievements, real or imagined, of other countries, but in the light of our own norms and ideals... We are a unique nation, unique for refusing to reduce Indian-ness to a single language, religion, or ideology, unique in affirming and celebrating the staggering diversity found within our borders (and beyond them) " -Ramachandra Gura

That is not to say India should not raise its standard of living for its people, or that it doesn't has very deep problems. India needs to thread that needle but it'd be exciting if it can.

Edited by Talinn

4 hours ago, Talinn said:

That's why I love India, it is not quite as willing to play the farcical game of GDP rankings, military expenditures, and global influence.  This whole idea has seemed to seep into the psyche of the Indian government:

"We should judge ourselves not against the achievements, real or imagined, of other countries, but in the light of our own norms and ideals... We are a unique nation, unique for refusing to reduce Indian-ness to a single language, religion, or ideology, unique in affirming and celebrating the staggering diversity found within our borders (and beyond them) " -Ramachandra Gura

That is not to say India should not raise its standard of living for its people, or that it doesn't has very deep problems. India needs to thread that needle but it'd be exciting if it can.

I'm not sure this is true. India is ridiculously corrupt, and is also in a geopolitical confrontation with China. GDP PPP they are quite in the great power league, creeping up on super power slowly. Militarily they continue to emphasize domestic military technological capabilities and manufacturing. I.e. they are definitely interested in competing, they're just too poorly organized, and technologically backward, to be good at it. Yet. Though their recent SCO membership certainly speaks volumes. Maybe they will be able to overcome their tensions with China. After all the SCO has a decent track record of defusing similar tensions in Central Asia, and at first between the USSR/Russia and China.

IMAGINE MY SHOOK

Its not like russia and syria and even some french investigations had revealed white helmets as supporting terrorists quite allot of times

4 hours ago, ponasozis said:

IMAGINE MY SHOOK

Its not like russia and syria and even some french investigations had revealed white helmets as supporting terrorists quite allot of times

I heard rumors of the kidnapping of children from their families for organ harvesting but I never really expected them to be true. The UN giving credence to those allegations is really troubling. 

A lot of things could still derail this withdrawal, including continued talks with Turkey, and the potential for a false flag CBRN attack around Idlib.

4 hours ago, Abdel said:

Do you have any good sources for this outside of twitter? All I've found was an RT article and some fringe publications, and they're hardly reliable.

20 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Do you have any good sources for this outside of twitter? All I've found was an RT article and some fringe publications, and they're hardly reliable.

I trust Eva Bartlett a lot when it comes to Syria, I can't say that she's 100% credible but she is definitely one of the more credible sources on the ground:

https://www.mintpressnews.com/un-panel-details-organ-theft-staged-attacks-white-helmets/253441/

Vanessa Beeley is also a good one. 

Twitter is great for following individual journos who you know arent full of shit rather than visiting the website of an entire publication which is filled with people who just dont give a shit about their jobs and are carried by the clout and accurate reporting of a few decent reporters and journalists.

I wouldn't mind a Polynesian President of the United States. Makes it easier to deal with the commonwealth when her state flag is this. 

Image result for hawaii state flag