Abdel

Steam Sale like a Diplo Boss

DiploBoss.png

Don't be a schmuck who's waiting to play games with diplo simply because they didnt take advantage of the Diplo steam sale. Here's a list of titles that the larger diplo community has and is playing on a regular basis for your purchasing pleasure: 

1. Company of Heroes 2
    • This is a micro-intensive RTS that has seen a resurgence of play in the Diplo community as of late. If you were too dumb or lazy to get this when it was being given FOR FREE a month ago, you can buy the base game for $5.99 or the full bundle for $9.06. @ponasozis, our CoH2 community deputy, has been organizing gaming sessions for this every Friday. @Feanor STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO PURCHASE THIS. FOR THE RODINA, FOR STALIN
    • If you already have Company of Heroes 2, you can buy multiple commanders on sale through steam by sifting through the search function. I've bought around 8 commanders for less than $5 recently as most are selling for 75cents a pop. 
  2. Paradox titles
    • @Burden organizes a weekly Saturday session of Paradox games and multiple titles are played. These titles include:
    • If you're a new player, Burden recommends Stellaris and Hearts of Iron IV more than the other titles of Crusader Kings II or Europa Universalis IV. They are more recent releases and there's less of a learning curve to learn to play them. 
  3. 7 Days to Die
    • If you're into minecraft style survival games, this is for you. Currently selling for $8.49, this is a game that Diplo returns to regularly in short spurts. I am sure @X152Leader aka Trash Leader schedules game sessions for this at Diplo Gaming and our own Minister of Coal @Burden ensures the Diplo survivors are well stocked with gunpowder. With 25 Diploers owning this game, it'll be sure to be a worthy part of your collection. 

For a quick view of what organized Diplo games are played and at what time, check out our Calendar for more info. 

I distinctly recall playing Company of Heroes (I forget 1 or 2) and not liking it. It was extremely simplistic, it's portrayal of the Soviet Union teeter-tottered between the offensive and the idiotic, and the gameplay was meh. It seemed to be about halfway between a realistic RTS like Close Combat 3 or Syrian Warfare, and a cartoonish RTS like Starcraft or Warcraft 3, and for me it had the worst of both worlds. There was literally nothing to make me want to play the game.

• Unimpressed 1
  • DisgustinglyHaram 1

46 minutes ago, Abdel said:

Please dont tell me that you are a HiStOrIcAL aCcUrAcY gamer

Not necessarily. I can play a game with no historical accuracy but there has to be something there that I find attractive or rewarding. Like I said, I didn't like the gameplay, which was the real deal breaker. I mentioned the historical bit because your appeal was couched in that terminology. Don't get me wrong, historical accuracy is nice if you can make it work, and a few games can. Most can't, and it's fine. Now that I'm thinking about it, I also didn't like the extremely small scale of the game. I almost felt like I was playing a squad-level tactics game at times (I'm not a fan of those). The map design was annoying and unpleasant, and even the graphics didn't work well for me, at least not with that gameplay style. The same, abovementioned, Close Combat 3 has far more primitive graphics, but they work with the game. But that's a fairly minor gripe and I'm certain I spent very little time playing it before turning it off in annoyance. Maybe ~3 or so campaign missions.

That's exactly why. The campaign isn't the best but multiplayer is phenomenally fun. If you have the game show up on a night you're free and we'll be most likely playing

4 minutes ago, Abdel said:

That's exactly why. The campaign isn't the best but multiplayer is phenomenally fun. If you have the game show up on a night you're free and we'll be most likely playing

I guess I can give it a try, though I'm skeptical. I can usually tell from very early on with games, and movies/tv shows, if I'm going to like them or not. Where would I be "showing up"?

1 minute ago, Spankfurt said:

What's wrong with the Soviet portrayal? The British are pretty meme but I don't really have an issue with it 

I honestly don't recall the details. I spent minimal time, a while back, walked away with a deeply negative impression, and never touched it again. I have more things I want to do in life then time to do them, so I had little reason to revisit.

9 minutes ago, Abdel said:

D-
Dis-
Disco-
DISCORD

Yes I figured. Anywhere in particular? Or just log in and yell helplessly in all caps?

Yes I figured. Anywhere in particular? Or just log in and yell helplessly in all caps?
We have a company of heroes chat, If you type @coh2 it'll ping everyone who's signed up to be notified when someone is looking for games
  • Informative 1