EagleMan

Legends of the Second War - Feedback

Leave feedback for the latest version here. This thread will be bumped when a new version is released so that feedback can be separated by version. See this thread for the latest changelog and download links.

• Like 1

With reforged releasing soon and the multitude of custom models that are currently being used on the map, what are your plans to ensure the art palette doesn't look schizophrenic in an identity crisis between two eras of warcraft (classic and reforged)? 

To my understanding, it is not yet clear how well Reforged will mesh with custom maps that rely on custom models. I haven't been devoting time to understanding the particulars of how Reforged will affect custom maps since Blizzard has been pretty mum on communication. Blizzard patches already broke LOTSW in the last year so I didn't feel there was much use in trying to plan around what Blizzard may or may not do. Regardless, whether 1 model or all models, there would be a schizophrenic aesthetic, so clearly the obvious solution will be to ensure that all models used are custom import models (even if it's just reimporting the base file unedited so that there's a custom file path) to maintain a uniform aesthetic, albeit with a schism between imports and the terrain. This will already be the case since most units have custom models.

• Like 1

Please, Eagle, change the colour of Lordaeron. I can't handle looking at the map and the largest Alliance faction being represented on it as "White" like your shit is

Also, like I said in the other thread, the Stromgarde hero with the healing spell on E is broken for that hotkey. Had to manually use it all game

That was fixed. For now I will give Lordaeron some time while considering an alternative color.

Edit: I'm on holiday still but wanted to say that I will back off on global experience for heroes. May not have time to make an update with that change before a LOTSW I have scheduled in the morning. I was really hoping the community would test this change for longer, but I think the negative feedback is clear enough to backtrack fast here, especially since the rest of the map has been received well so far I think, which means I should listen here. Once updated, then just keep in mind that the XP values for all units haven't really been set up thoughtfully from the past to now, and I've been planning to get to it soon. So if you feel XP gain becomes too slow or too fast for some players in their local fights despite most players knowing what they're doing, that would be good balance feedback.

Edited by EagleMan

I like it overall, but Dragonmaw can portal camp the entrance with 5 billion units and it's really hard to get all the neccessary units in.

I think was an issue before too but there seemed to be a lot more dragons, could be wrong tho. He could also base aim Aerie Peak, and Aerie Peak couldn't be repaired.

Also, I can buy items from the enemy's shops.

Also, healing light does not work as a self heal? (on Lordaeron's paladins)

Edited by Talinn

Instance camping is sometimes case dependent. If you have a whole faction trying to push you, then 1 person doesn't usually have the firepower necessary (in terms of hero abilities and casters) to hold them off in a war of attrition. If Dragonmaw has substantial forces guarding his instance then that means he probably in some way gave up the Wetlands and is responsible for letting the Alliance push past a deadly choke point.

Dragonrider limits are being reduced.

Items were always purchasable from enemy shops and so it's something to keep for now unless people really want it gone.

I can make Holy Light self-argetable if that's the case.