Abdel

Debate Question 4

Question

There's been a lot of back and forth which has generated some thought into individualized questions for the candidates. I'll leave this question open till election day on Nov 21st so you may have a back and forth over your answers. 

@IamtheWalrus., one of the criticisms of you that has cropped up is that "you promised a merger - you came up short". How do you aim to persuade the Diplo masses that this characterization of you simply isn't true. 

@War4life, you also had criticisms thrown your way, one of which that stuck out was that you haven't "put forth the time and effort to positively affect the community as a leader". How will you answer the doubts of Diploers who think you don't care enough to fight for them?

@StormTrooper, it seems the other candidates do not view you as a Diploer worthy of the title of Tribune because of your inexperience with the community. What is your plan to prove to Diplo that Stormy brings more to the table than what meets the eye?

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1
  • Unimpressed 1

4 answers to this question

I think two essential qualities of a leader are humility and accountability for their actions. I'm willing to admit I made a mistake. That mistake was broadcasting the merger deal publicly and declaring victory before the agreement was completed. It's no secret to many, that almost since the schism, it has been my goal to unite the Diplos. I've put in much time and effort negotiating between both sides and being a bridge, a conduit, between both administrations. When the goal of my ambition was in my grasp, I wanted the shout it from the mountaintops. However, I had to take a step back and see the big picture--recognize the role I was fulfilling. I wasn't just representing myself and what I want, I was representing many people and what they wanted. On the DG side, things soured and people started to not want the merge anymore. I had already given all my arguments for why I wanted it to happen. When a majority of people on that side decided they didn't want it, I decided I wasn't going to force it through. If I did it would only end up in another split down the line on the back end.

So, yes I made mistakes, but I think the whole situation actually does more to highlight a key strengths of my leadership I feel my opponents lack--the willingness to sacrifice my self-will and ambition for the will of the community I serve. I've come to believe that we're in a new age of clans, where each discord, DG, DM, and Borscord, are essentially no different then the wc3 channels we used to occupy. We all can freely communicate to people on any one of them, and people are free to run things the way they want. Ultimately, I think it's for the better.

• Like 2
  • Cease and Desist 1

Iv'e already proven myself, if people haven't seen this already there isn't much more I can do to change their mind.

Edit: Since my time here my supposed "inexperience" has been filled with months of gaming in 7D2D servers when they have been active, playing 70+ sessions of D and D that last for hours, Warhammer tournaments, HOI4, EU4 and Stellairs meet ups on a weekly basis Without Fail, the countless matches of HOTS or mess abouts on SC2, the close quarter fights on Insurgency, the screams that echo in people ear drums when a zombie sneaks up on me in Killing Floor 2 the list could go on and on.

I take the time to listen to people or wake up at 3am for meetings, something other people wont do despite their time zones. I took up the administrative role of treasurer and not once was there a major problem, and rather than leaving on the spot and passing on the buck, I stayed and completed my work so all debts were settled.

So when Jimmy insults us by saying he was "active, non stop" that couldn't be further from the truth. Where has he been for the Easter and summer events, where was he when the communist manifesto was written, where was he during the schism, where was he "active" at any point on discord because I hardly seem him now let alone then. Furthermore writing 145 words which equates to a long test message isn't really note worthy.

So I stand by my first point, my past is my evidence of my accolades and commitment to those that believe I have done nothing.

Edited by StormTrooper
Jimmy is scared
  • Funny 1
  • What? 2