SteakOnSpear

The Worst Thing About Living In Your Country

I thought it would be mildly interresting to hear people out on the worst thing about their country. No matter how trivial it might sound, living in a first world country.

So name 3 things you don't like about living in your country. 

I'll start

Living in Denmark

1. Long winter sucks. Very few hours of sunlight during the day at mid winter. Summer is sometimes too short.

2. Restaurants are expensive. Everything is expensive living in Denmark but you  make a lot of money. Restaurants are disproportionally expensive though, it's not as common goin out for drinks or a meal in Denmark, like it is in many other countries in Europe.

3. Fucking B.I.F fans Brøndby football fans. They are like Liverpool fans but more autistic.

Edited by SteakOnSpear

Living in the United States

1. Too many people here are fat as fuck

2. Christian fundamentalists are still a massive presence and voting bloc

3. If you don't live in the city, you need a car to get anywhere, and cities are still woefully wanting for more public transportation

Living in Peru

1. There's three months which I love every year which is summer, every other month of the year the sky is extremely gray and I want to kill myself.

2. The people.

3. The people.

1) Richest country in the world yet 3/4's of it in Sub-Saharan African levels of degradation

2) Stagnant social mobility

3) Evangelical Christianity

• Cute 1

Hmmm...middle class aren't living comfortably and living off of credit cards to be socially acceptable via social media?

Having a $7.25 per hour minimum wage?  People can't afford to even cover rent.  And even if they double the minimum wage, it's still completely out of hand and no single person can afford to be comfortable.

Living in lithuania

1 large income disparity between those living in the country side and those living in main cities

2 greatly declining population 

3 can only buy alcohol in shops till 8 PM CURSE YOU KARBAUSKIS!!!

1 hour ago, ponasozis said:

Living in lithuania

1 large income disparity between those living in the country side and those living in main cities

2 greatly declining population 

3 can only buy alcohol in shops till 8 PM CURSE YOU KARBAUSKIS!!!

Do you feel that impacts your personal life?

Income disparity and, declining population?

Living in the United States

1. Too many people here are fat as fuck

2. Christian fundamentalists are still a massive presence and voting bloc

3. If you don't live in the city, you need a car to get anywhere, and cities are still woefully wanting for more public transportation

Except the car thing does the two first make a difference personally?

Edited by SteakOnSpear

1.People, ignorant ashell especially in the south. Most of them know how to write and read and basically thats it.

2.Low salaries on average.

3.SImilar to 1st but people is way too antagonistic with one another. If you don't think like them u are the enemy (politically speakinga nd generally due to catalan conflict)

PD: This thread would've been better with 3 best and 3 worst things !

On 11/5/2019 at 8:44 AM, SteakOnSpear said:

Yes. Would you not consider it a bad thing if twice as many people in your country suddenly became grossly overweight? You worry about the health of those that are close to you, and you will find it harder to find a partner if you're not attracted to overweight people.

I thankfully haven't been personally affected by Christian fundamentalists as much as people I'm close to have. I know plenty of gay people who were rejected by their communities due to religion and had to suffer through that.

On 11/5/2019 at 3:44 PM, SteakOnSpear said:

Do you feel that impacts your personal life?

Income disparity and, declining population?

yeah it does because i get less customers and overall its not a great feeling to see your town declining

altrough at least the capital is growing so idk perhaps i should just fuck off to live in capital

7 hours ago, ponasozis said:

yeah it does because i get less customers and overall its not a great feeling to see your town declining

altrough at least the capital is growing so idk perhaps i should just fuck off to live in capital

Pona the worst thing about your country is that it's not the Soviet Union any more.