Sign in to follow this  
Abdel

Diplo Elects 2020

Diplo Elects 2020

DIPLOELECTS.png

In the spirit of election year, we decided as a team that it would be great to have more people in elected positions as part of the leadership team and in a process to climb the ladder of Diplo responsibility.

We have many detractors who claim we are 'undemocratic fascists' and this is our opportunity to prove that we, in fact, are not. Our goal with this election is to finally pass the audit for the Thomas Ferguson Democratic Community Certification so we're opening up four Tribune positions for election with the privilege of engaging the staff in admin discussions. 

Format:

Positive feedback loop of when Tribunes give advice that resonates with the community, valued members will react to it and let us know what the community really wants without us talking to 50 people for feedback. Gives Diplo members a chance to climb the ladder to deputy and maybe even director one day. 

Campaign:

• Begins November 1st.
  • No Holds barred. Meme to your heart's content. 
  • A forum topic will be opened for members to ask questions of the candidates. The most up-voted questions will receive first priority for questioning in the debate. 
  • Anyone can run for office.

Debate:

Begins November 7th. Forum format. 1024 character limit per answer given. 

Election: 

The election poll will open up on the website on November 21st. Only DiploGuards can vote. 

Who can campaign:

Anyone can run, but only DiploGuard can vote. You are welcome to advertise on other communities.

• Like 1
  • Kill it with fire 1
  • Informative 1
  • You need communism 1
  • I came 1

27 minutes ago, StormTrooper said:

Also why is Feanor a mod?

When you don't get the reference, but repost it anyway to fit in.

One typo, it says elections will be up for votes on September 20th, shouldn't that be November? 

11 hours ago, Abdel said:

Election: 

The election poll will open up on the website on September 20th. Only DiploGuards can vote. 

I for one am excited to vote for candidate who is the best schism denier. 

26 minutes ago, Burden said:

One typo, it says elections will be up for votes on September 20th, shouldn't that be November? 

I for one am excited to vote for candidate who is the best schism denier. 

They obviously mean September 2020. The thread is called Elects 2020.

If elected as Chief Overfiend, I promise to demand the restoration of quote pyramids to the forum.

18 minutes ago, Feanor said:

They obviously mean September 2020. The thread is called Elects 2020.

If elected as Chief Overfiend, I promise to demand the restoration of quote pyramids to the forum.

So we're gonna have 10+ months of debates!? I'm gonna need a lot of popcorn. 

• Like 1

vote for a mod to do it for free.....that gets yelled at by abdel to do shit no matter what...does it for free

Edited by Baledwyr
  • Like 1
  • What? 1
  • Creative 1

48 minutes ago, cell_destroyer said:

My vote goes to whoever monetizes diplo (take into account bors still holds the domain)

He's been showing it around the market to potential investors. I hear Inferous and Panther are both heading consortiums considering a takeover 

1 hour ago, Spankfurt said:

He's been showing it around the market to potential investors. I hear Inferous and Panther are both heading consortiums considering a takeover 

I hope you're joking though...