ChocolaTea

Blizzard bans first place player, Hearthstone

https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/9254/blizzard-has-removed-blitzchung-from-grandmasters-and-banned-him-from-competing-in-hearthstone-following-his-on-stream-hong-kong-protest

"Last Sunday, Hong Kong Hearthstone player Ng "blitzchung" Wai Chung caused quite the stir. As reported by Inven Global, Blitzchung appeared on the official Hearthstone Taiwan stream after his Grandmasters match wearing a gas mask, before shouting "Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our age!" in protest against China's actions in the region..." 

With the level of hate Blizzard is getting for this, it may be a permanent turning point for the company in the West. They have too much business in China and the government is unlikely to be accommodating for their PR needs. It probably won't affect their bottom line much but they'll turn into a pariah.

I mean... WoW is a turd. So I'm all for cancelling those subscriptions, but I'm still getting WC3 remastered.

We grown up with some of their most beloved titles and we ve seen the company going down through the years, shitting on nu-blizzard  is almost catharitic at this point.

Sure blitzchung played quite a number on them, but i find hilarious watching blizzard sliding into PR hell, trying to please their asians overlords and saving face at the same time.

2 hours ago, OmegaKnight said:

We grown up with some of their most beloved titles and we ve seen the company going down through the years, shitting on nu-blizzard  is almost catharitic at this point.

Sure blitzchung played quite a number on them, but i find hilarious watching blizzard sliding into PR hell, trying to please their asians overlords and saving face at the same time.

What is "nu-blizzard"?

19 hours ago, Feanor said:

What is "nu-blizzard"?

"It's a derogatory term for effete millennial men. The perception is that many progressives have been trying to redefine masculinity, or are against traditional masculine traits and roles. So, we have "new male" or "numale" (as in "nu-metal". The spelling is part of the insult)."

It's about applying the prefix to whatever you want to mock in modern standard, nothing special.

• Informative 1