Sign in to follow this  
Evad_Flor

Control Point Names

@Lordsebas

Something that's been bothering me is when new control points are added and given the exact name of the location instead of the name of a broader region.

The Skittering Dark 20g/min (in Silverpine Forest)

Sanctuary of Malorne 20g/min (in Mount Hyjal)

I think it's better to give them names that apply for a broader region. These specific locations are insignificant in every aspect but geographically accurate to where the control point is placed on the map. Here's what I suggest instead:

Idea  A) Name zones with compass directions north, west, south, east. So instead of The Skittering Dark it could be named "Northern Silverpine". "Sanctuary of Malorne" be named "Southern Mount Hyjal". I think that if you name something "Northern Silverpine Forest" the other control point doesn't need to be named into "Southern Silverpine Forest". It's fine if continues to be named "Silverpine Forest".

Idea B) Go with other suitable names. So with Sanctuary of Malorne it could be renamed to "Mount Hyjal" and the current control point with that name is renamed to "Nordrassil". In Silverpine Forest zone, you rename "The Skittering Dark" to "Silverpine Forest" and the one currently named "Silverpine Forest" is renamed to "Pyrewood Village" because that's the town the control point is placed in.

Edited by Evad_Flor

I like the Silverpine one, and it makes sense, will make a note to change those 2 names. 

As for the Mount Hyjal one, I prefer to keep it like this because the name might be important to it later (event to summon Malorne)