The_13th_Legend

WoW Classic - Our Community & "The Diplo Bank - Newbie Fund"

A WoW Experience, a take from 13th

There are many things in WoW Classic to enjoy. For many, it is to relive playing WoW Vanilla. For a few, it is a brand new experience to MMORPG’s in general. For some, it’s a challenge to achieve the world’s first Ragnaros run, or to reach level 60 first in their server. For others, it is to experience WoW classic with the community at large and form guilds during their leveling experience. What about me, however?

I know I’m the currently highest level member in Diplo, but honestly, that doesn’t matter at all. It doesn’t matter what class you play or how much more you know about the game then other people here. What matters is to have fun in general. I’m having a great time with cooking and collecting herbs wherever I go. I make a hobby of going on the AH and looking up random stuff that goes on sale from time to time. One of the things I enjoy most is when I party up with random players and have a blast with strangers.

The thing that makes me the happiest, however, is when I meet the folks that are trying to play the game but don’t have what they need or can’t find a party to do Hogger. That is what happened a night ago as I cooked and gathered herbs; even if I was LVL 26, I spent my time to help them with Hogger and spent an hour going through the game with them. Diplomunion already has its own community, so why not expand it a bit? With that said, I’d like to confirm with @jayhana about what I wanted to do earlier with my donation:

The Diplo Newbie Fund

I want to set up a fund to help newer players in the game with their gear and quests so it isn’t too lonely or a grind for them early on. With that said, I do not want to handhold them through the leveling experience; that takes away from enjoying Classic WoW. I’d like for us to be a beacon of what it means to be Diplo, and that is to be a community. I don’t want the guild chat to sell items. I want them to be handed down if they aren’t used. For some players, they don’t want to do this, yet I can understand why. They can just vendor it and be on their way. With that said, this fund is meant to counteract that. Below is a list of what I believe the goals of Diplomunion and of the funds in general should be about:

1.) WoW Classic should be about having fun. We are not in a rush to leave others behind or to reach level 60 first.

2.) In staying true with what was said, we should strive to be a community above all else.

3.) We will not handhold but we will 100% help anyone in need of a boss or an instance. Your leveling experience is yours alone to enjoy with others.
4.) Guild chat should not have items people are trying to sell. Instead, it should be handed down to those that would want or need it.
5.) The fund will be used to enforce the such:

5a.) Lower level players, if they ask, will be given what they need to the extent that it makes sense. A level 10 should not be given a gold piece, but they should be given enough to be geared up for their level. ie. what they need the most would be linen or wool bags.
     5b.) The fund will be entrusted to @jayhana and whoever else she wishes to confide with, and, to a lesser extent, the guild leaders of Diplomunion.
     5c.) The fund may be used to buy, at a price better then a general selling price in both vendoring and the auction house, whatever a newbie would like to sell profession wise to the extent that it makes sense.
     5d.) In accordance with 5c, examples of what to buy is a silver for each herb to a daily max of 50 silver. You can replace this with leather for the guild'd leatherworker (@The_Phalanx) or ore for our blacksmiths (@TheGreatMaz and @Super_Trunks) at a better silver price. @jayhana can set up prices that makes sense; for example, there is no sense in buying 50+ fishes for a silver each.

6.) We, as Diplomunion, should always try to recruit folks that would be great in the community.

With all that said, thank you all for reading this. As always, have fun and thanks for staying in Diplomunion.

Edited by The_13th_Legend