Abdel

(US) Stalagg - WoW Classic Guild/Group Discussion

Posted (edited)

I dunno, I played on Warsong in the beginning, and Brazilians (have a bad rep) caused problems with the server. With that said, I can still play it anyways. It would only be a problem if there were significant numbers of them anyways communication is important as always.

Looking forward to next week.

Edited by OgerMan
  • Like 1
  • My Man 1

@OgerMan There are actually a lot of Brazilian guilds that signed this "compact" if you will that they'll kick out their members if they misbehave or dont speak english in general chats. I think a lot of people are aware of the reputation, but in the spirit of classic, everyone wants this to be an enjoyable experience for everyone. 

At least for now. 

2 minutes ago, EagleMan said:

Sounds like it's pretty much confirmed they'll switch.

We're going to make sure everyone is happy with the decision at the meeting tomorrow before its official. 

One day Blizzard will allow me to play Classic on Stalagg. I've spent about 10 cumulative hours in queue now before getting booted (not the timeout) and losing my place in queue.

Pro tips on Stalagg from my two days of experience:

1. Go to sleep early instead of waiting in queue. Early morning hours have a medium server population.

2. People who logged in at 4pm were in game by 8 or 9pm. If you can remote in to your PC at home using google remote desktop (you can also do this on your phone), then you can join the queue and ensure you can get some game time in at the end of the night.

3. Use target macros. Even with layering, respawn timers seem low. Make sure you tag mobs asap otherwise you'll be spending a long time on your quests

That timing fits east coasters who are ahead of time and with more people better than west coasters. Plus I had sat in since a bit past 3 and got booted from a 90 minute or so queue past 7. I'll get in eventually anyways.

@EagleMan No issue, there's a line of people who havent even bothered with the queue and are just waiting until things calm down. There's a good spread of people across all level ranges currently.