Baledwyr

Ongoing Saga: China-Hong Kong strife.

I don't know if its western journalism, but if China were viewed as a good actor it would be referred to as the "Chinese military". Same as the Iranian Revolutionary guard instead of the "Iranian Military". Assadist forces as opposed to "Syrian military" 

Is it just me or is this just the normal way to refer to the Chinese military? 

It's the name of the Chinese army, People's Liberation Army. I don't think it's a subconscious decision on the part of mainstream media outlets to refer to these entities by other names as a way of dehumanising them. I could be wrong though. 

7 hours ago, Abdel said:

I don't know if its western journalism, but if China were viewed as a good actor it would be referred to as the "Chinese military". Same as the Iranian Revolutionary guard instead of the "Iranian Military". Assadist forces as opposed to "Syrian military" 

Is it just me or is this just the normal way to refer to the Chinese military? 

The Revolutionary Guard in Iran is a separate structure from the actual military.

Goes without saying really...it has escalated yet again. I would say I feel for the Hong Kong Police, but I know that the officers of the old Royal Hong Kong Police would have handled this situation better had they not all been removed from their positions within a matter of days after the handover in 1997. These police are all Beijing sympathisers. 

They arrested Joshua Wong and Agnes Chow yesterday...

What a crock of guch burocrazy crock of shit. 

Well shit. Didn't see that coming. @Feanor @Abdel