Sign in to follow this  
Abdel

Would anyone actually use a light theme?

Are you a user who likes light themes?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a user who likes light themes?

• Yes, I'm an absolute heretic.
    • No, I actually value the health of my eyes.

Yes. This Navy Blue hurts me eyes. I'd use lighter, cuz white is right.

• Funny 1
  • Cease and Desist 1

Shouldn't there be an option for "light theme is gay"?

Grandpa Feanor "gay" is a slur that's pretty out of vogue atm you'd know that if you paid more attention to the people who claim to speak for your political movement

1 hour ago, Abdel said:

Grandpa Feanor "gay" is a slur that's pretty out of vogue atm you'd know that if you paid more attention to the people who claim to speak for your political movement

There are modern day Stalinists who seriously discuss the significance of "gay" as a slur?

Please. anyone who considers using light themes, don't, it's not paper, paper doesn't "emit" light like screens do, it just reflects it, don't fuck your eyesight with bright light themes, you'll regret it years later.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I dunno, I always thought brighter themes made us look not as exclusively gamery and more professional.

• Funny 1

5 hours ago, Baledwyr said:

I dunno, I always thought brighter themes made us look not as exclusively gamery and more professional.

This meme again, Mr Chairman? 

I always used light theme on diplo

because i don t sit in the fucking dark basement for it to fuck my eyesight and have my brightness at normal settings like A NORMAL FOOOKIN PERSON

• Heresy 1

Okay so maybe professional is not the right word? Maybe it just lent more towards us being able to do OTHER things besides just being all about gaming which to me Diplo was never exclusively about.

6 hours ago, Baledwyr said:

Okay so maybe professional is not the right word? Maybe it just lent more towards us being able to do OTHER things besides just being all about gaming which to me Diplo was never exclusively about.

What does this have to do with the color of the theme? Are you under the impression that people will see a dark theme and go "Ewww! Video Games!" and navigate away from our site?

I was more explaining what I myself had believed and why I tended to gravitate more towards a light theme than a dark one. 

After taking a break from here and logging back in to a white screen, it's horrible.

• Like 2