Sign in to follow this  
Abdel

How do you browse Diplo?

How do you browse Diplo?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What Device do you use to browse Diplo?

• Phone
    • Desktop/Laptop
    • Combination of Phone and PC
    • Tablet
    • Other (specify in comments)
  2. 2. What page do you have bookmarked when you browse Diplo?

• Front Page
    • Forums
    • Warcraft 3 map section
    • Other (specify in comments)

I want to ensure that I'm designing the website in a manner that provides the best viewing experience for the most people. So how do you access Diplo? 

• Informative 1

@Soup Depending on feedback I may increase the number of "feeds" on the discord but I dont think I can justify it yet until we see a forum activity boost. 

Feed is a interesting function. However it's a bit spammy and maybe each individual feed is too much text.

I also use my phone to shitpost because its convenient.

• Like 1

I don't think it'll ever get to the place where it wont be spammy but I think it's a good tool for people on discord to immediately jump into a forum discussion without needing to open browser, find the post and then figure out what's going on. 

Make sure mobile design is intuitive, I’d wager over half of the users and browsers are mobile like myself

• Informative 1

I use bloodstone, quartzite and iolite instead of traditional technology.

I totally agree with what @M3rkabo said. I too personally browse 90% of the time from phone. It is more conveniant since no matter where I am, I can access it and it is easier.

• Informative 1

I only post in discord for fun discussions such as politics and the pub. I don't see much fun in the inactive forums at all.

Make a discord politics channel.

Political discussions on chat platforms tend to have less substance though since you have to give an immediate response. If you're more arguing values and thought experiments it's not so bad, but it's not like you have time to check out sources for something.

In the modern era though mobile browsing is by far what most people do. Diplo's probably a little less though because we have fewer zoomers and because we're based around PC games.

Nodle is the very model of the instant gratification generation. 

@Baledwyr Thats harsh. I dont fault nodle for wanting a feeling of community the fastest he can get it. There are externalities and unintended consquences that come with 100% discord use that we want to avoid. Part of that means creating content (like the praetorian and our map page initiative) on Diplo that community members will value and will visit the site for. 

This marks a great opportunity as we can relegate all the shitposting to discord and really create a niche and curated experience on the Diplo site for people to enjoy. 

Was it also instant gratification when people abandoned TS/Ventrillo/Skype in favour of discord? Something much more convenient to use?

• Broadside 1
  • I came 1

Had to wait 4 days for 3 responses.

Very thought provoking, and mind changing responses that have impacted me far more than any discord post ever done.

/sarcasm

• Unimpressed 1
  • Douche 1

What's unchanged however is that you're as much of an ass on the forums as you are on discord.

For starters there were 4 responses. Second of all, they're far more detailed and thought out then most of what you would get on discord. But none of this even matters since your entire response can be summed up as "look at me, I'm an ass". 

Sign in to follow this