EagleMan

Legends of the Second War Overhaul in Progress - Feature List Inside

eagleman is my last hope to get us away from the low-tier gameplay of RR

I am going to try to bulldoze my way through some of the bulk of the work. Should make for marginally less creativity and thought, but it will be outweighed by increased productivity. Stuff like standardizing build times, collision sizes, etc. according to some logical scheme is important for fine-tuned balance but realistically people only notice or voice large discrepancies. I haven't necessarily been spending a lot of time on those ideas specifically, but I just mention them to illustrate how you can get sidetracked.

In any event, regardless of how much theorycrafting I do, it's going to be imbalanced upon release, so I may as well punt much of all that for later as it is fine-tuning when the big picture will have to be fixed first. Normally a map doesn't have this sort of interest pre-release so it's probably better for me to just get it into a playable state so people can lovingly say they hate it and I can improve it from there.

On 5/12/2019 at 3:58 AM, Enclop said:

How is progress for this map looking like?

It has slowed due to various life events and roleplaying in Robert's Rebellion. A summer release is still possible but less likely.

jesus christ eagleman

my life is over after july 28th please release it before then

17 hours ago, War4life said:

jesus christ eagleman

my life is over after july 28th please release it before then

What happens then bud

Super excited to see that this is a getting a overhaul. LotSW was the reason I found maps like LTA and Azeroth Wars + BotR. Keep up the good work EagleMan! :)

• Like 2

Yes it meant I couldn't do any work in the last week I had real time available to do a lot of editing. If you saved the map in the editor it scrambled text data map wide, e.g. Uther would be renamed Learn Death and Decay (R), which was obviously a problem considering the map has more object data than 99% of maps out there. I keep backups though so that wasn't an issue but if I didn't the map would've been dead in the water again.

I'll try to see what I can do going forward but I'll likely scale back my ambitions and just get the map to a releasable state and take it from there as things settle on my end.

No not really it's just the way it'll have to go. Especially if I want it out in time before Jimmy becomes Jimmy McGill, Esquire.

Posted (edited)

I'd probably get pushback on this from the other admins on AWLR discord, so definitely don't quote me on this...But I personally wouldn't even mind if LotSW and AWLR discords were merged. Like create a temporary LotSW discord for 3 seconds then merge it to AWLR. For me they're similar enough in spirit that it might help both maps, but probably may not happen maybe.

I'll probably just host this maybe, afk as observer in AWLR for 90% of games with my silent judgement hat on, and help port awlr back to diplo.

Edited by Talinn
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Talinn said:

I'd probably get pushback on this from the other admins on AWLR discord, so definitely don't quote me on this...But I personally wouldn't even mind if LotSW and AWLR discords were merged. Like create a temporary LotSW discord for 3 seconds then merge it to AWLR. For me they're similar enough in spirit that it might help both maps, but probably may not happen maybe.

I'll probably just host this maybe, afk as observer in AWLR for 90% of games with my silent judgement hat on, and help port awlr back to diplo.

Truly a noble thought

But for now, it may be best the current projects on Diplomunion ignored discord. If they wanted to be on discord, they would be

Posted (edited)

1+ month in and he's just re-terrained stormwind fuck me 

its gonna get d-dayed constantly

Edited by War4life
  • Funny 1

12 hours ago, War4life said:

1+ month in and he's just re-terrained stormwind fuck me 

its gonna get d-dayed constantly

I did it a while ago, I just figured it would be something visual to post.

Not much, the terrain of the map should mostly be familiar, it's one of the sacrifices I'm making to speed up map development since I consider it less essential work than overhauling the object data as the terrain can just be done later. I will probably still reterrain Stratholme and that whole area though to match modern maps (even if it was sorta accurate for the WC2 era, a lot of that Lordaeron land is underutilized anyways).