Sign in to follow this  
Abdel

Site Feedback

I like it so far. I don't see any major issues.

6 minutes ago, Feanor said:

I like it so far. I don't see any major issues.

A few things will change moving forward: 

we're going to add a slider for various parts of the community

Underneath the slider will be a promo for various maps being made under the diplo community. 

30 minutes ago, ABDeL said:

A few things will change moving forward: 

we're going to add a slider for various parts of the community

Underneath the slider will be a promo for various maps being made under the diplo community. 

I'm all for promoting maps, but what will it actually look like?

3 minutes ago, Feanor said:

I'm all for promoting maps, but what will it actually look like?

Slider template:

image.thumb.png.1ba6d47a21d274061b02463ba830bef1.png

Promotional articles: image.thumb.png.2336e9660250c4410e337926a2c3ddd9.png

Posted (edited)

This probably shouldn’t priority, but it’d be cool to have an OG diplo classic theme. Just an idea for the future, if by some miracle you run out of shit to do.

Edit: also the slider looks great, a better solution to what it was before, you’re going to want the shit you’re sponsoring, supporting, and helping front and center instead of buried in a web of links and URLS

Edited by M3rkabo

If we can have drift dark as an option, I'd love that too.

40 minutes ago, Feanor said:

If we can have drift dark as an option, I'd love that too.

I'll get anything you want if you're willing to pay for it 

Who is admin, and how do I even find out whether we can get it/how much it would cost?

15 minutes ago, Feanor said:

Just so I understand correctly, each theme now has a "rent" for every 6 months?

Not all but most. The "rent" comes with some pretty consistent support. I've been yapping up a storm to the editor of this theme we're currently using to make changes, and he's delivered on each one. Invision goes through constant updates (its a very powerful system) so the themes sometimes break and the 6 month cost is the cost of keeping themes up to date. For example, the update that will fix the slider and articles block on the front page will be released in the next few days. 

Veilon, the creator of this theme, is Russian so maybe that will lean you in his favor xD

5 minutes ago, ABDeL said:

Not all but most. The "rent" comes with some pretty consistent support. I've been yapping up a storm to the editor of this theme we're currently using to make changes, and he's delivered on each one. Invision goes through constant updates (its a very powerful system) so the themes sometimes break and the 6 month cost is the cost of keeping themes up to date. For example, the update that will fix the slider and articles block on the front page will be released in the next few days. 

Veilon, the creator of this theme, is Russian so maybe that will lean you in his favor xD 

It's not the end of the world. Just making sure I've understood it.

@Feanor Convenience on the discord for now will translate into greater forum activity. We have to reverse the damage that was caused by the full discord dive and that wont get fixed by a 100% forum approach

@Feanor if you absolutely cant go without the quote button I'd recommend making an introduction to your post so the quote doesnt immediately overlap. Its wonky if the quote is the first thing in the post. 

The developers said this is a work in progress and their goal is to make the feed totally customizeable. Hopefully they fix the quote problem

@ABDeL I don't think that's even possible... I just messed around with it for a few minutes and it won't let me enter text prior to the quote in the post.

After. Let me try it the other way around.

3 minutes ago, ABDeL said:

@Feanor did you enter your text before or after you clicked the quote button?

Oh hey, it works.

@Abdel Fyi the main diplomunion.com site is now an error message instead of your banner.

NOOOO!!!! IT AUTO MERGES DOUBLE POSTS!!!! MAKE IT STOP.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 7:30 PM, Feanor said:

After. Let me try it the other way around.

Oh hey, it works.

@Abdel Fyi the main diplomunion.com site is now an error message instead of your banner.

NOOOO!!!! IT AUTO MERGES DOUBLE POSTS!!!! MAKE IT STOP.

The old domain is getting migrated to this site. It'll take some time. 

Also @Feanor get rekt by double post merge

The https encryption seems to be working and in full effect now, with no funny links. Thanks for addressing it!

Can we get a quote button in all threads instead of just some?

@Abdel

1 minute ago, Abdel said:

@Feanor There were issues with the plugin that did that and its been uninstalled as of 10 minutes ago. 

@Feanor There were issues with the plugin that did that and its been uninstalled as of 10 minutes ago. 

Nice. Now can we disable automatic post merging so I can go back to double posting?

• TRIGGERED 1