Sign in to follow this  
Draupne

Norwegian tobacco visuals censorship

Not too long ago the Norwegian parliament voted for gradually censoring the use of stimulating visuals on tobacco products. Cigarette packs, loose tobacco packs and snuff boxes can no longer maintain their old design, and must switch over to a sewage green color sheme on their packaging.

While at work at the gas station I noticed that this regulation has started. What do you guys think about such a move? Its intent is to discourage people from buying by removing any stimulating aesthetics from the packaging.

I'm not using tobacco whatsoever, but I still find this appalling legislation. Thoughts?

Yeah, I'm very worried about what kind of restrictions are being made on tobacco because it's only a matter of time before the precedent is used for other products, and other concepts.

As someone who comes from a family of chainsmokers I don't think it's draconian enough.

Same in the Netherlands. Soon stores won't be able to put it on display either.

In DK the packs have to be hidden under the desk now. I think it's a pretty good solution to a social problem, it will work much better than an out right ban.

Edited by Guest

Australia and New Zealand already have plain packaging and cigarettes are hidden from view in stores.

Just put a tax on it or something geez

Already have that. A pack of ciggies in NZ now costs about $30.

Disgusting.

Holy macaroni berlusconi - is that 30 USD for a pack of cigarettes? And I thought Norway had high taxes on tobacco, sugar and alcohol

If thats 30 USD and not some other currency then Norway has to be relatively cheap for stuff like that

Ofc one can argue that its removes incentive, but I was hoping to be naive enough and have faith about humans knowing their economy and health status well enough

Fucking idealist Draup

Sounds like Denmark is copying NZ then, prices about to go up to something like that here.

The greatest meme of all time is that shit is even legal...whereas psychedelics are not.

Actually add American fast food to that, particularly Taco Bell and McDonald's.

Now, I'm in favor of all of these things being legal. But it is pretty meme-tastic.

Edited by Guest

It's funny because as a result of cigarettes being so expensive now, it has created a thriving black market for them.

In South Auckland gangs are actualy ram raiding service stations late at night and in the early hours of the morning with the sole intention of. Stealing the cigarette stocks.

Edited by Guest

...humans knowing their economy and health status well enough

You must have some pretty pansy smokers up there then. Down here folks would trade their children for a pack if they could.

You must have some pretty pansy smokers up there then. Down here folks would trade their children for a pack if they could.

Everyone has too much money for their own good at their disposal in my country

Even the alcoholics are decadent and the only thing keeping them from drinking themselves to an early grave is the strict alcohol laws

Dad died from cancer cause of smoking, I wish they could just ban them altogether but w/e I hope they keep adding more and more restrictions, and they spread to other parts in the world.

Tobacco companies are the dirtiest mother fuckers out there, here Marlboro has these bubblegum themed packs it's really disgusting, my first job was at a gas station, I used to enjoy denying underage kids the ability to buy packs and beer, it was hilarious watching them swear that they were over 18 and that they just forgot to bring their ID.

cDCR295.jpg

They were similar to the one above except that it was even more colorful and the racks had like these big ass bubblegum lights, it really was ridiculous how far they went to try to get kids to try it.

Edited by WoAMapMaker

There's making people aware of the dangers of smoking, and then there's this.

Why not go after the tobacco companies for all the other shit they put in their cigarettes instead of wasting time on this, and likely fueling a black market for cigarettes like in NZ Bors is to be believed.

Edited by Morgoth

Well in lithuania you have most disgusting spooky ass images you can possibly imagine on the packaging with huge words written SMOKING CAN RESULT IN DEATH

and then you have literally insides of humans posted on the packaging bloody and dark and brown and pulsating with shit

you don t even want to touch that fucking packaging with a stick

Well in lithuania you have most disgusting spooky ass images you can possibly imagine on the packaging with huge words written SMOKING CAN RESULT IN DEATH

and then you have literally insides of humans posted on the packaging bloody and dark and brown and pulsating with shit

i think that's a thing all over the EU

Aaah, the Baltics.

Dad died from cancer cause of smoking, I wish they could just ban them altogether but w/e I hope they keep adding more and more restrictions, and they spread to other parts in the world.

Tobacco companies are the dirtiest mother fuckers out there, here Marlboro has these bubblegum themed packs it's really disgusting, my first job was at a gas station, I used to enjoy denying underage kids the ability to buy packs and beer, it was hilarious watching them swear that they were over 18 and that they just forgot to bring their ID.

cDCR295.jpg

They were similar to the one above except that it was even more colorful and the racks had like these big ass bubblegum lights, it really was ridiculous how far they went to try to get kids to try it.

Speaking of gum

I think it is highly underrated

There ought to be more pieces of gum stuck to the bottom of tables, not less

You can thank Australia for originating this practice, and it has had an impact on the level of youth uptake.

Smokes are outta sight here as well and we get cool pics to look at..Like famous Barb Tarbox:

https://goo.gl/images/5u959C

I personally like the limp cigarette pic..smoking makes your dick flat...Nah...that's what marriage does.

Cheapest smokes I've found were $10.85 for 25. The most expensive are sum fancy B&H bitchsticks (110s) that are touching $17 per pack.

Edited by Guest

Sign in to follow this