Sign in to follow this  
Thurr

Who broke Diplo?

If he knows of discord and is looking for communication from fellow diploers and the forum is down... what is the next logical step? Twitter? Facebook? ... Okay, No luck ... Next logical step? Complain after not finding anything to an admin team of VOLUNTEERS? BUT NO! let's not check the most actively used thing by diploers?

I'm not saying thurr has to use discord or that he should all the time, I'm saying its insulting to the admin team to complain about a lack of communication when there was plenty, and either his ignorance or neglect is the reason he is complaining...

The admin team collectively is active almost 24/7 for free, the forum goes down for ~1-2 weeks and we're now going to throw people who have kept the site running for 10 years under the bus, because of a lack of communication? Which only exists because some members of the community can't get with the times? Or they are ignorant of where the other hundreds of diploers are currently communicating? That's shameful and I don't condone that behavior, forgive me for wanting to call out ignorance and disrespect to the admin team.

Burden plz, do not act as though the people who cozy up in the discord are in fact diploers. That is far from the truth. They aren't 'diploers' they are mindless shills brought to inflate our numbers to assist Cniper in his grand scheme of monetizing our beloved community and living a life of leisure just as his albertan oil baron ancestors had done before him, but through ad revenue instead of oil wells.

With this being said, the administration is blameless in this instance. No need to get salty about the forum being down, though I will note the communication on the Discord wasn't all that great. Perhaps more frequent updates on the 'announcements' channel would help if this event should occur in the future. But we may as well accept our fate - the forum is by and large seen as vestigial by the powers that be, Eagleman excluded I think. The attention is on the beloved Discord, even when certain elements of the discord (for example - hots builds, hots tips, etc.) are far better suited to forum posting.

Also, I didn't realize Grunty was a lil bitch

• Like 1

Jimmy...I love the forum and have been bringing people to the forum from the discord, but even I recognise that the two go hand in hand. Times change, The forum is not the be all and end all of the community anymore. We must maintain it and we must maintain our history at any cost, yes. But the Discord has reinvigorated what had become a drying salt lake.

Burden plz, do not act as though the people who cozy up in the discord are in fact diploers. That is far from the truth. They aren't 'diploers' they are mindless shills brought to inflate our numbers to assist Cniper in his grand scheme of monetizing our beloved community and living a life of leisure just as his albertan oil baron ancestors had done before him, but through ad revenue instead of oil wells.

With this being said, the administration is blameless in this instance. No need to get salty about the forum being down, though I will note the communication on the Discord wasn't all that great. Perhaps more frequent updates on the 'announcements' channel would help if this event should occur in the future. But we may as well accept our fate - the forum is by and large seen as vestigial by the powers that be, Eagleman excluded I think. The attention is on the beloved Discord, even when certain elements of the discord (for example - hots builds, hots tips, etc.) are far better suited to forum posting.

Also, I didn't realize Grunty was a lil bitch

Not all of us see the forums as vestigial. ;)

Thanks for clearing things up. Unfortunately Discord is not a platform that works for me so I have to get my information somewhere else. @Burden Is it that time of the month? Criticism never killed anyone. Look at how Phalanx deals with it and learn.

[quote name='Thurr']Thanks for clearing things up. Unfortunately Discord is not a platform that works for me so I have to get my information somewhere else. @Burden Is it that time of the month? Criticism never killed anyone. Look at how Phalanx deals with it and learn.[/QUOTE] Could you elaborate as to why Discord doesn't work for you? Is there a technical problem involved? I'm sure there's some way we can help you get connectivity to Discord.

Should just hire hakwr from uos to fix diplo

For 5 bucks there isnt a thing a serb wouldn t do

Hes been working on technical stuff in warclave ever since the jews hired him

Also forum is superior to discord because getting a positive rating in forum feels much better then in discord

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Forum feedback is a lot easier to read over and comprehend than discord rapid chat fire.

• Like 1

[quote name='Thurr']Thanks for clearing things up. Unfortunately Discord is not a platform that works for me so I have to get my information somewhere else. @Burden Is it that time of the month? Criticism never killed anyone. Look at how Phalanx deals with it and learn.[/QUOTE] On the contrary it looks like it was your time of the month with your whiny, complaint filled, and entitled original post. Your criticism was not productive and unwarranted. Edited by Guest

So what's exactly broken. I can take a quick look when I get free time (not today).

Right now, from what I can see is that the home page is broken, but is anything else ded?

Edited by Guest

So what's exactly broken. I can take a quick look when I get free time (not today).

Right now, from what I can see is that the home page is broken, but is anything else ded?

ratings are ded too

The American Dream.

The part where it tells you "last edited X minutes ago" don't work.

Which is honestly fine we don't have to fix that.

I think the index is also missing.

Edited by Guest

ratings however are a priority.

also new posts should show how many are new but just says 0

ratings however are a priority.

also new posts should show how many are new but just says 0

That's because, nothing is new under the sun.

Bump for forum superiority, make way for the superior media, hail diplo.

Since we re at it, can we get the mighty rating bar back? k thx.

Could you elaborate as to why Discord doesn't work for you? Is there a technical problem involved? I'm sure there's some way we can help you get connectivity to Discord.

Nothing technical. I just don't spend enough time behind a PC or laptop to be able to use Discord properly. I browse Diplo on my phone.

Edited by Guest

Nothing technical. I just don't spend enough time behind a PC or laptop to be able to use Discord properly. I browse Diplo on my phone.

Discord has a phone app that's easy to use.

Discord has a phone app that's easy to use.

I've used their phone app and I disagree. It's annoying trying to type a lengthy response to anything on the phone.

I've used their phone app and I disagree. It's annoying trying to type a lengthy response to anything on the phone.

So your complaint is that its hard to type a long response on a phone? What exactly does that have to do with the discord app?

So your complaint is that its hard to type a long response on a phone? What exactly does that have to do with the discord app?

Well you use it on the phone... it being a phone app and all.

I can't get discord on my phone till i buy a new phone.

Also, Burden, don't be unfair, making long posts on a phone is aids compared to a PC.

Well you use it on the phone... it being a phone app and all.

Do you also hate texting then, since thats an app that has the potential for long messages on your phone?

Agreed Bors, it's aids on a phone, but that isn't discords fault at all. Long messages on a phone in general are aids no matter the app. Just trying to point out the idiocy of using that as an argument against discord.

Edited by Burden
  • Like 1

its easier to browse diplo forum on my phone than it is with discord.

Not as easy as using a typewriter and carrier pigeon obviously.

Also you don't have to use your keyboard to browse. If the issue is staying in the loop and not necessarily active engagement, thumb up and down motions shouldn't be too hard on discord compared to other phone apps.

Edited by Guest

Sign in to follow this