Thurr

Who broke Diplo?

I have an answer to the question. Hostmonster broke diplo. And in return Diplo will break Hostmonster. Anally, without lube.

• Like 1

[quote name='Thurr']How about an update on how our little forum is getting better day by day? Also, where the hell is @CNiper in our times of need?[/QUOTE] I will be trying to take another crack at things this weekend but unfortunately I am incompetent. The fact that it's just an issue with the add-ons tells me... something.

I will be trying to take another crack at things this weekend but unfortunately I am incompetent. The fact that it's just an issue with the add-ons tells me... something.

There's 8 staff members. Is there no one else with a bit more free time to help you out with this?

There's 8 staff members. Is there no one else with a bit more free time to help you out with this?

We don't all work on the same things or even have the technical know how that eagle does.

Let feanor in the server room and he'll just gun everything down with an AK. Its not as simple a job as you think.

If your tech person is saying "I'm incompetent" and your answer is to throw another admin in who has 0 tech knowledge that eagle has then youre gonna have a bad time.

Edited by Guest

Excuses excuses it's been 6 months now and you still haven't fixed it! I'm so tilted

Edited by Guest

Anyone available for hire? Or is it simple enough for eagle to fix - just takes time

We don't all work on the same things or even have the technical know how that eagle does.

Let feanor in the server room and he'll just gun everything down with an AK. Its not as simple a job as you think.

If your tech person is saying "I'm incompetent" and your answer is to throw another admin in who has 0 tech knowledge that eagle has then youre gonna have a bad time.

Well, I don't want to be the negative Nancy here... buuttttt this whole episode badly is handled by the entire staff team. EagleMan clearly has a lot on his plate and is unable to spend the amount of time necessary to fix the problems that we are currently facing. You would however imagine that more tech-savvy people like Dayne, Hannibal, or The_Phalanx would step up to the task and attempt to fix this mess.

Not to mention that the lack of communication is just painful to be honest. When the site was down I found myself wandering to the awful platforms of Twitter and Facebook, which showed no updates whatsoever. Maybe you are not tech savvy, but communication is key in these kind of situations. Yet there was absolutely nothing going on there.

I tagged Cniper because he's recently been the shinning star of Diplo, but it feels like he majorly dropped the ball on this one.

Come on ABDeL I need my mindless reading material.

Edited by Guest

And yet it would still be better then hostmonster.

Well, I don't want to be the negative Nancy here... buuttttt this whole episode badly is handled by the entire staff team. EagleMan clearly has a lot on his plate and is unable to spend the amount of time necessary to fix the problems that we are currently facing. You would however imagine that more tech-savvy people like Dayne, Hannibal, or The_Phalanx would step up to the task and attempt to fix this mess.

Not to mention that the lack of communication is just painful to be honest. When the site was down I found myself wandering to the awful platforms of Twitter and Facebook, which showed no updates whatsoever. Maybe you are not tech savvy, but communication is key in these kind of situations. Yet there was absolutely nothing going on there.

I tagged Cniper because he's recently been the shinning star of Diplo, but it feels like he majorly dropped the ball on this one.

There was plenty of communication on discord, If you havn't heard of it, its the the real time platform Diplo uses for communication.

They called in Dayne who's been exiled, he couldn't fix it either, Phal got it to where we are now. Honestly this post seems very entitled. Cnipers been on vacation with no internet access, should we have him come early because the fucking forum is down for a week?

What have you done to keep diplo up?

Again, you'd know all of this if you were on discord.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

Thurr you bring up several good points and we are working on addressing things. As Burden pointed out, there was a good deal of communication on the Diplo Discord. If you haven't joined the Discord yet, I suggest you do so. CNiper generally handles the Twitter and Facebook and as he was on vacation during the entirety of the incident, there were no updates on those two platforms. We have identified this as an issue in our latest admin meeting that was held when CNiper came back and this shouldn't be a problem moving forward. Don't use that as an excuse to avoid the Diplo Discord, the Discord would very much increase your amount of mindless reading material.

As for the current issues, we have tracked down that there's a problem with one of our add-ons which caused the index page to error out due to the nature of Javascript. We're still investigating that issue, and at the end of the day, we're all volunteers who spend their free time working on this. Hannibal honestly has the least amount of free time out of any of us, and Dayne is no longer on the Diplo administration team.

As for CNiper dropping the ball -- he was on vacation. There isn't anything he could have done in that situation.

You would however imagine that more tech-savvy people like Dayne, Hannibal, or The_Phalanx would step up to the task and attempt to fix this mess.

Dayne is no longer with us. Hannibal works until midnight every night. Phal did what he could in the time he had.

We also have other commitments to take care of, so spare me the indignation of failing at something for once.

There was plenty of communication on discord, If you havn't heard of it, its the the real time platform Diplo uses for communication.

Screw real time and screw discord. I have a proposal. We need to switch all of our communications to messenger pigeons.

messenger-pigeons-being-released-at-the-front-line-world-war-i-1915-picture-id463969071

When the site was down I found myself wandering to the awful platforms of Twitter and Facebook

giphy.gif

Screw real time and screw discord. I have a proposal. We need to switch all of our communications to messenger pigeons.

messenger-pigeons-being-released-at-the-front-line-world-war-i-1915-picture-id463969071

I enjoy the joke, but don't ya find it a little discouraging that the LR tards figured out discord before you did?

I enjoy the joke, but don't ya find it a little discouraging that the LR tards figured out discord before you did?

I still haven't figured it out, and it will never be more then a crutch as far as I'm concerned.

Discord is alright but I always found the forums to be more appealing.

There will always be those who favor the forums even if discord is more popular these days

It is like the lightsaber v. blaster debate

Discord is alright but I always found the forums to be more appealing.

There will always be those who favor the forums even if discord is more popular these days

It is like the lightsaber v. blaster debate

Luke used both

I dunno i ain't mad but I agree with Thurr. And I am sure he knows of Discord; acting like he is in the wrong for not choosing to go there a lot is a little dumb.

I know the admins have lives though so it is all cool.

I still haven't figured it out, and it will never be more then a crutch as far as I'm concerned.

Oh and wrong use of "then"

Should be "than"

Edited by Guest
  • Like 1

My IT skills are "Oh Grunty and Sponge are gone. Who do we have on the team to handle that part of the site now? No one? I guess I have to learn how to handle that now" which put me in the position I'm in. Good googling can take you pretty far, but only so far. Sometimes I have to just sit down and experiment until something works (and not break the site in the process) which is what I will try to do again.

I dunno i ain't mad but I agree with Thurr. And I am sure he knows of Discord; acting like he is in the wrong for not choosing to go there a lot is a little dumb.

I know the admins have lives though so it is all cool.

Oh and wrong use of "then"

Should be "than"

If he knows of discord and is looking for communication from fellow diploers and the forum is down... what is the next logical step? Twitter? Facebook? ... Okay, No luck ... Next logical step? Complain after not finding anything to an admin team of VOLUNTEERS? BUT NO! let's not check the most actively used thing by diploers?

I'm not saying thurr has to use discord or that he should all the time, I'm saying its insulting to the admin team to complain about a lack of communication when there was plenty, and either his ignorance or neglect is the reason he is complaining...

The admin team collectively is active almost 24/7 for free, the forum goes down for ~1-2 weeks and we're now going to throw people who have kept the site running for 10 years under the bus, because of a lack of communication? Which only exists because some members of the community can't get with the times? Or they are ignorant of where the other hundreds of diploers are currently communicating? That's shameful and I don't condone that behavior, forgive me for wanting to call out ignorance and disrespect to the admin team.

why did grunty rq again?

Some argument with Abdel about what happened in Charlottesville I think, he deleted his account. He had stepped back from active admin duty a while before that though.