Sign in to follow this  
nodle

Two Black Guys Arrested in a Starbucks. We DINDU NUTHIN they claimed.

We need to set up a program where Europeans live in the American South for a month or so to fully grasp the nature of life in America. I've personally seen cops pull up to a Black family in grocery store parking lot and tell them to leave and never come back “for their safety”. Things like this happen all the time and go unnoticed; the only reason this story got hyped up is because it happened in a place sheltered White liberals would notice.

We kinda forget how recently slavery was a thing in america i guess. On the other hand, Americans tend to think their social standard applies everywhere else.

We kinda forget how recently slavery was a thing in america i guess. On the other hand, Americans tend to think their social standard applies everywhere else.

Slavery is one thing, but segregation wasn't over legally until 1970 and was still enforced into the 90's in some areas. There are plenty of people still alive from when this sort of thing was normal and accepted and they're passing it on to the younger generations.

I'd give it a century or two before things work themselves out assuming the country still exists that long.

Slavery is one thing, but segregation wasn't over legally until 1970 and was still enforced into the 90's in some areas. There are plenty of people still alive from when this sort of thing was normal and accepted and they're passing it on to the younger generations.

I'd give it a century or two before things work themselves out assuming the country still exists that long.

So what your saying is that because of previous institutional racism, if that is even connected to this case, gives those two men privilege to ignore a store owner/employee who asked them politely to leave.

Nah this is just identitarian politics gone too far.

So what your saying is that because of previous institutional racism, if that is even connected to this case, gives those two men privilege to ignore a store owner/employee who asked them politely to leave.

Nah this is just identitarian politics gone too far.

No. He's saying, because of institutional racism the motivations of a store manager who chose to disregard company policy and call the cops of the two black men, are suspect.

• Like 1

At the end of the day the store manager doesn't have to have them in the store. I feel sorry for the police who had to enforce it and get stuck with the horse shit fallout.

At the end of the day the store manager doesn't have to have them in the store. I feel sorry for the police who had to enforce it and get stuck with the horse shit fallout.

I remember there being much an outcry against the police. I think people being primarily pissed off at the store manager. In this particular case, because of the fact that once the police arrived the whole ordeal was peaceful and handled quickly, any outrage against the Police was short lived. That store manager, not so much.

There is no constitutional racism in america. Unless you use some perverted definition of constitutional.

Use actual sentences please and get off buzzfeed.

Edited by Guest

There is no constitutional racism in america. Unless you use some perverted definition of constitutional.

there is a difference between institutional and constitutional

Do you not know what institutional racism is?

[quote name='SteakOnSpear']There is no constitutional racism in america. Unless you use some perverted definition of constitutional. Use actual sentences please and get off buzzfeed.[/QUOTE] Wow. Literally can't read huh? Seriously @EagleMan get me my illiterate rating back.

fuck i wrote constitutional instead of institutional.

Do you not know what institutional racism is?
I do and you're retarded if you think it exist in america. Edited by Guest

Im sincerely disappointed in this thread. A few points I'd like to make.

1. The Starbucks manager went against company protocol in asking the two men to leave.
  2. Just because institutional racism doesn't exist, doesn't mean everyday cases of racism like this don't happen.
  3. We should judge people as individuals. Just because one white store manager kicked out two black customers for no reason doesn't make white people racist. Just because a black person lied about a racist incident doesn't mean every accusation of racism is a lie.
  4. Store manger really overstepped his bounds in calling the police. Police did their jobs so they are blameless and the law is working as intended but just because you can call the cops on someone doesn't mean you should.
  5. The story turned out alright, the city and the two men came to an agreement that city funds would be used to lift people out of poverty, instead of having them sue.

Did the store manager have the right to kick those guys out? Absolutely, they were in an establishment and weren't paying customers. Were they victims of racism? Maybe, maybe not. Why was the store manager fired then? He went against company policy which states not to kick people out for loitering. He really overstepped his bounds by calling the police.

That's really the story here. Stop making it bigger than it is. Its not another "dindu nuffin" you fucking racist cucks, and its not "institutional racism" you fucking soyboys.

Stop trying to domineer the narrative to your own worldview.

• Like 2

Abdel you're trying to place yourself in some mediating middle of this discussion but you seem to not get Eagleman's point about the unknowable part of this whole situation.

1. The Starbucks manager went against company protocol in asking the two men to leave.
  2. Just because institutional racism doesn't exist, doesn't mean everyday cases of racism like this don't happen.
  3. We should judge people as individuals. Just because one white store manager kicked out two black customers for no reason doesn't make white people racist. Just because a black person lied about a racist incident doesn't mean every accusation of racism is a lie.
  4. Store manger really overstepped his bounds in calling the police. Police did their jobs so they are blameless and the law is working as intended but just because you can call the cops on someone doesn't mean you should.
  5. The story turned out alright, the city and the two men came to an agreement that city funds would be used to lift people out of poverty, instead of having them sue.

Did the store manager have the right to kick those guys out? Absolutely, they were in an establishment and weren't paying customers. Were they victims of racism? Maybe, maybe not. Why was the store manager fired then? He went against company policy which states not to kick people out for loitering. He really overstepped his bounds by calling the police.

That's really the story here. Stop making it bigger than it is. Its not another "dindu nuffin" you fucking racist cucks, and its not "institutional racism" you fucking soyboys.

It's evil capitalists oppressing the proletariat. Rise up comrades you have nothing to lose but your latte's.

How dare you assume the store manager's gender, for it was a she.

fuck i wrote constitutional instead of institutional.

I do and you're retarded if you think it exist in america.

So where does it exist, Steak?

How dare you assume the store manager's gender, for it was a she.

How dare you assume she was a she?

probably in libya

i met a guy who met a guy who was from libya and he said that in most parts of libya if you are black and without your boss (slave master) you can get easily shot by militia and killed

probably in libya

i met a guy who met a guy who was from libya and he said that in most parts of libya if you are black and without your boss (slave master) you can get easily shot by militia and killed

To be fair, you can be shot anywhere and anytime in Libya, on account of it being a failed state.

Well not where you live.

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftimedotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F12%2Fbarack-obama.jpeg&w=800&q=85

I'm sure there are some places with institutional racism.

I don't even wanna touch this subject it's so fucking impossible to argue as a white cis male. Just drop that white guilt Phalanx and live your life.

Edited by SteakOnSpear

Well not where you live.

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftimedotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F12%2Fbarack-obama.jpeg&w=800&q=85

I'm sure there are some places with institutional racism.

I don't even wanna touch this subject it's so fucking impossible to argue as a white cis male. Just drop that white guilt Phalanx and live your life.

You're totally wrong though. Use some basic logic, apply the definition of institutional (including non-state institutions), apply the definition of racism, and you will easily see it.

You're totally wrong though. Use some basic logic, apply the definition of institutional (including non-state institutions), apply the definition of racism, and you will easily see it.

I reject all ideas of me having to please and threat minorities like they deserve special treatment.

Edited by Guest

I reject all ideas of me having to please and threat minorities like they deserve special treatment.

Irrelevant to the point above.