Sign in to follow this  
EagleMan

WW1 ISH Changelog and Download

Could always move one of italys trade docks to venice so its more vunerable, also increases the value of north italy dramatically.

If pink is too strong dont nerf it, buffing romania would be a better option imo. Either add a howie or 2, or maybe work in a way for Russia to supply romania, similar to how Entente can supply greece.

I'm more a fan of nerfing than buffing atm to reduce infrastructure stack and late game mass click a move.

And Eagleman, it's not as true for GB as it is for Italy, because Italy is so dependent on trade income in a way GB isn't, and because half its inf production can be cut off that way.

I'll stop phoneposting and respond more later but for now supply ships are broken. The bonus gold is also something that can be converted to ships for pink.

Eventually I want to rework navy completely somehow so that it's less all-or-nothing while not detracting from the main focus of the game and still having strategic value. Kicking around ideas for this, nothing's set in stone, would probably only implement something post patch 1.29. I'm thinking possibly making Shipyards capturable and unbuildable like Trade Docks, and then linking Shipyards to the number of Ships you can have (in addition to base limits for each nation, or simply adding shipyards to each nation until the desired limit is reached), and you can either spawn ships instantly (like mercs) or train them. Spawning is a bit wonky if you have a whole fleet materialize out of nowhere but my concern with training would be permanently camped shipyards that you can't free yourself from as you have to build a ship one at a time. Maybe Shipyards could have some sort of life degeneration aura so you can't camp, but in an actual battle the effect would be negligible. Triggering unit limits with spawned units might be more difficult or cumbersome, an issue would also be controlling navy size if a person temporarily has many shipyards and builds to the max and then loses shipyards (like WC3 shops, you wouldn't be able to spawn ships instantly if I went that way). This all then encourages landings to secure Shipyards and creates more strategic points in the game. It encourages all players to get involved navally instead of relying on one player, and it's more reflective of history where you always had some navy rather than one side gaining complete dominance.

Regardless of the method, the goal is that you can have constant ship production throughout the game, and it also isn't taking funding (and fun) away from land battles. Navy battles tend to be blowouts where if one side wins by an inch they gain a mile, not the case for land, so there needs to be an easier way to come back from a defeat. Making ships cheaper isn't what I want to do for now because it just changes the scale of the issue, e.g. Bulgaria could just buy more ships and mass attack move a distracted Italy.

And Eagleman, it's not as true for GB as it is for Italy, because Italy is so dependent on trade income in a way GB isn't, and because half its inf production can be cut off that way.

If West Germany can reliably cut off GB from Belgium early on that's gg for France and likely the game.

supply ships to yellow are broken???

Yes, all the options related to Greece trade/income are broken. It's one of the two changes I couldn't replicate from the last Poot version.

Nerf pink infantry is the best thing u can do. Pink and yellow atm have the most op infantry in the entire game. Fast spawn time and good stats. Also nerf arabs to balance the things.

For the navy i don think we need any changes its all a matter of micro and control purple can win med if he is good pink can win it if he is good same is with atlantic. I dont think italy should be changed anymore.

eagleman just casually reducing heavy howie research cost by 1/3rd, nbd or anything right???? NBD!!!!!!!!1

What did you do to the Belgium trenches?

>implying percentages are important and not absolute values

They're just repositioned slightly, a little more closer together, wouldn't even be noticeable if I didn't write it down.

Either start Brown autoshared with DG, or just give DG the navy. We did it with pink, don't see why we couldn't do it with DG too.

Also, add a couple MGs to italy's border with austria starting unpacked but put them a little further back. Additionally, move the trenches a little further back so that they can't be hit immediately upon spawn (don't have to make it that far back just far enough)

EG I don't see always handle WG's navy, plus purple/pink natively have naval play unlike EG. EG has fewer incentives to upgrade mechanical units, whereas WG has some. Giving the fleet over to EG could result in an unupgraded fleet while the normal GB techs up.

To put starting Italian trenches completely out of range of Howitzers would be to put them pretty far inland.

sorry i totally forgot about the upgrade thing, I agree don't give it to EG. Pls do auto share.

I will gladly ELUCIDATE for you.

You take over a map made by someone ELSE, then you loose a game and decide you need to nerf the shit out of it !

Same story as in azeroth wars.

On the serious note, hello boys havent been on this site for a while. Is anyone playing RTW still?

I will gladly ELUCIDATE for you.

You take over a map made by someone ELSE, then you loose a game and decide you need to nerf the shit out of it !

Same story as in azeroth wars.

On the serious note, hello boys havent been on this site for a while. Is anyone playing RTW still?

You mean WW1: Road to fatal error?

yo im up for actually playing the map and tryharding.

also few peeps spoke about the ISh community (12345p amongst others if i recalled name correctly) and they literally agreed you guys were the most toxic community.

good way to get players for a dead map of a community with 20 ppl

12345p is one of the most toxic people I met. He would refuse to play most slots, and constantly 'RQ' the community if people got mad at him for his behaviour.