Sign in to follow this  
EagleMan

WW1 ISH Changelog and Download

Increase research cost maybe so they come out later in the game, or simply time lock their availability (like some tanks)? I'll have to analyze unit stats to see the gold/effectiveness ratio between fortified and regular.

3.7j released. Derdan's trigger suggestion for viewing allied trench fullness not yet explored/implemented but still in mind.

Imo increasing the cost from 200 to 500 is nothing. WG is the slot most using early fort trenches, and 300 gold is nothing to WG.

4 options for fort trenches:

1. Put them behind a time blocker like tanks are (so mb Jan 1916 or wtv)

2. Put them behind other research, ie have to have infantry 1-1 b4 fort trenches

3. Split the difference, add in a Tier 2 trench either by averaging the stats of reg and fort trenches.

So it would be reg trench > Advanced Trench > Fortified Trench

4. You could lock fort trenches behind workers, and remove them from infantry, so no more spamming of fort trenches unless you want to invest in a stack of workers

They're 100% more expensive for only 50% more HP and a little more armor. I have played against people spamming fortified trenches and it hasn't been much of a problem in pushing them compared to regular trench spam, I think people are underestimating how much gold they're sinking into spamming fortified trenches just because it's the meta thing to do at the moment. Their big advantage is making up for weak infantry upgrades, stopping infantry pushes and otherwise securing tight spaces, not spamming them across all of North Germany.

If my clarification wasn't caught, Russia only needs to control a number of capitals equivalent to his starting amount. If he loses Warsaw but has Instanbul he will be fine. This was always how the trigger worked, but it was an odd situation if Russia had lost a capital but had 2 Central capitals by March 1917.

shouldn't make "capitals" all equal, as Moscow and St Peters are arguably vastly more important, for a peoples' revolution...

I propose losing Moscow/St Peters automatically triggers a revolution, or upon timer death where Russia does not control at least Moscow, St Peters, and one other "capital"(ie. Warsaw/Kiev/etc.).

Its too much of a nerf,altough it shouldn't be hard to keep at least 1 capital as centrals we've seen in practice that it can happen more often than one would think. And having a super Russia by the end of the game with upgrades production and megaincome means almost insta gg and RQ of centrals. It also discourages unexperienced EGs to go and try to get good on it as you can be bashed hard by your team if red manages to reclaim his capitals before revo triggers .

Russia is perfect atm. Super russia is not gg for centrals u would have known that if u didnt rq last night, We even won that game. Trench was feeling totaly useless lategame. He just kept suiciding in A/H and EG. Russian needed buff badly its so depresing to hold all ur capitals and all prusia and yet have to retreat to moscow and wait for revo and lose all that shit. Also this will make russian players more wiling to defend crimea and kiev and less wiling to just go yolo vs dg or A/H.

Also forty trenches update increase is total bulshit. Alpha is getting retarded from playing so much eg. For real its time for him to suffer some wg games.

Hello Eagleman, here is some consensus based change for next version;

Remove Sicily's capital and rax, move it to Naples (City South of Rome) and add the rax there. Reasoning; concentrates more income and infrastructure on mainland italy, not as damaging to italy for losing navy because they keep 3/4 of their inf production on the mainland now). On the other hand, adds more value to Italian mainland and it's more damaging for Italy to lose it.

Also, we are considering giving Constantinople to Green when Bulgaria joins the war, a long with the rax and factory but we are discussing this more. Thoughts?

Seems OP for green? It's just that we have mostly noobs on green but he does have stronger forces. Also giving specific buildings can complicate things, and it seems like it leaves an even more neutered pink slot, especially when facing yellow. If we think green is underpowered I would nerf arab revo or something, I need the reasoning here to understand.

Also I will try to make 1 more ver and then switch to making a patch 1.29 version (for obs mode and changing things to work with the constraints of that editor). Parallel version construction would be very cumbersome besides very specific hotfixes.

Lastly who will host in 1.29?

I agree it may be OP for green. The reason we want to nerf pink is because atm there is a consensus pink is OP in that he can solo balkans easily and wreak havoc with easy naval wins because of Italy's split attention from May 1915. So we are trying to think of ways to fix pink. But don't do that change yet because I'm not sure. I think what has to happen is some kind of naval re-work in the med but also a re-work of italy who is OP with trade income. We need a middle ground where italy losing navy is basically an insta GG for it (as it is atm), and italy winning navy basically makes it a huge powerhouse that is russia-tier income.

Navy is wonky like that where if either Entente front loses it they are blown out, but a loss isn't too terrible for Centrals.

North Greece could be buffed instead of being on a platter. Or remove bonus gold Bulg gets joining the war.