DIPLONEWS
  • Don't miss DGL at 8PM EST rotating Saturdays and Sundays.
  • Diplo is getting an Ark server contact Duck for more information.
  • Want to play Dungeons and Dragons? Join D^3 to play now!
  • Want to watch movies with Diplo? Contact BaneBladeLuv for more info on movie night!
Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal

WC3 Tech Tree Restored & Updating Elites

Warcraft 3 Tech Tree Restored!

JemPbQeR55h9ItLn0Qga5LSAm61NoqffVDSYHm7JKZk6z5SHOCCbT9Dne3qs4h-xp21jkcy5nInG7XhgBIwIA8bxd9qQhbGverrhvRisLrkb6PlwI16d1wQCE-JGyEdly6tne3wi

An Auxiliary unit production building, a Farm, an Item Shop, and an Altar have all been added to all 35 factions. The Barracks and Auxiliary building each produce 4 units. Some factions have an extra production building largely for aesthetic reasons. The only thing missing is a blacksmith which every player has one of, It is a hero unit so you can’t miss it. A Blacksmith building could however work its way back into the tech tree, but with how the Tech system works there really isn’t a need for multiple blacksmiths. Still making the upgrades take longer and limiting blacksmiths could make hiding/defending them important buildings.

Updating Elites

When I posted the thread about redesigning factions Cazdawg start working this up and did most of it in one sitting. Me and AngusKirby helping at the time back around december.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SPG9M8UldU9VrEfJWgM0z71xr6_cxf3-MA8sabFzzzs

It was easy enough for the first 12 factions but beyond that it became tedious to faction swap just to see what elites there are. I used the opportunity to reorganize spells and have all the Elite abilities together in addition to placing Neutral Passive ones in a corner of the map to make updating them much easier. When rebuilding the tech tree I realized that Neutral Passive also owns the faction buildings when not occupied by a player so can build there tech. So placing one of each Worker will also help make testing out/developing factions so much easier.

02KNB6Vf9TlAg5Z-_UGJCoeHbfaR8g4Pk0f751Bsb03TSLAkvq7LUaTNbrTJ4Odzi1g_MlCYlnNtVCiGE9_m1hFuD42yBDm90S-7I4NImYjnAb0z_gHO6jv4EdM6cAX2Q-I0MDBy

Previously this category had a bunch of other non-elite spells and spells were just labeled (Elite) and (Elite - Ultimate).

Wzh4SEnjh32rUMg4u-ZA1guuqY4G93CWpV1QZQt0m18_huWXh6fR2fRofV4jLoBkEaDQBlrFSH3dvfZGQ24fgIP2IWd0JuPawC20L1rLSXwHjLozjgRG3UiFX6T8mFwJ_FLEFq52

With the Neutral Passive placed Elites and new organization it will just be a matter of adding to this pool of spells and Elites will become more unique to help give factions different play styles.