• Buffalo
    • Goat
    • Frog
    • Rabbit
    • Elk
    • Moose
    • Horse
    • Human

You know instead of food options this poll could just have a list of male diplo members.

You know instead of food options this poll could just have a list of male diplo members.

You need to call Bors more.

First off, it's called beef not cow, pork not pig and lamb not sheep. People also don't typically eat rabbit but hare.

My favorite meat is Whale though.

First off, it's called beef not cow, pork not pig and lamb not sheep. People also don't typically eat rabbit but hare.

Technically true, but it is fairly common for native English speakers to refer to meat by the animal's name depending on the animal (I rarely hear people say venison rather than deer).

Also sheep meat is referred to as either lamb, hogget, or mutton depending on the age of the sheep when slaughtered. In America folks will often just refer to all sheep meat as "lamb" (when usually they mean mutton) but technically that only refers to baby sheep.

Technically true, but it is fairly common for native English speakers to refer to meat by the animal's name

Must be an american thing.

Must be an american thing.

More a sociolect thing, I'd say. While the man sitting at the high-end restaurant might order "venison", the man out in the woods hunting deer will probably just call it "deer".

Elk is the best game meat I've tried, but expensive. $50 for an Elk steak wrapped in bacon at the butcher but worth it as a treat once in awhile.

Elk is the best game meat I've tried, but expensive. $50 for an Elk steak wrapped in bacon at the butcher but worth it as a treat once in awhile.

Why do you need all that fancy stuff seenips? can't go wrong with deer jerky

I've never had deer before, but I hear it's pretty gross. Does elk really taste that different from deer?

I've never had deer before, but I hear it's pretty gross. Does elk really taste that different from deer?

For venison it's mostly a question of whether it's prepared well. Poorly-prepared, it's rather underwhelming.

deer is amazing if prepared well

its all about how well its prepared

You scrubs obviously never roasted a piglet, bunch of savages, a roasted lamb is delicious as well but I prefer piglets. Deer meat is best for goulash.

Oh and a pro tip, the best (healthiest, tastiest) budget meat available are pig hearts, assuming they are fresh, here you can get it for like 2$ a kilo.

And lastly and interesting fact, Habsburgs went to war with Serbia over pork. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pig_War_(1906%E2%80%9308)

there is literally nothing better than a steak. Like, it is actually a sexual experience eating one with a proper glass of red

there is literally nothing better than a steak. Like, it is actually a sexual experience eating one with a proper glass of red

Pff, have you ever tried a roasted piglet or lamb? If not don't say a steak is better, is glorifying steak an American thing?

Pff, have you ever tried a roasted piglet or lamb? If not don't say a steak is better, is glorifying steak an American thing?

He's Canadian; it's more of an Anglo thing.

So the thing about using Cow and Sheep is that you qualify for Beef and Veal for cow and Lamb and Mutton for Sheep. Which also keeps the list shorter.

Hard to decide, went for Sheep since I do like Lamb. But I could go for Rabbit, Duck, or Crab too.

Sign in to follow this