Sign in to follow this  
CNiper

What happened to the Orcs after the ring was destroyed?

After re-watching return of the King, its very clear that many Mordor orcs survived the random hole in the ground opening. I haven't read the books and I don't know much about the expanded lore, but I know the orcs were bound to Morgoth and not to Sauron.

So, what happened to them? I'm not sure how Sauron commanded them, did he use some artifact of Morgoth or did the orcs follow him willingly to secure power?

Were there such things as good orcs, or neutral orcs? What about Uruk-ai? In the movies you seem some of them in Mordor so I'm wondering since they're bred from man if there is a chance they could not be completely evil. IE. have a chance to survive in the new world.

Orc survived, but I think it's assumed they were slowly hunted down in a massive genocide. They are spawned from evil--the corrupted version of men and elves, so I don't think they could survive in the new world. I think their innate evilness is also what bound them to Sauron as the "Dark Lord" or the most evil dude in Middle Earth.

But, like the elves, I think all the magical creatures generally give way/die off for the age of man.

It's a tricky subject. It's hard to say what Tolkien would have done with his world had he lived longer and written more. A Russian author, Nik Perumov, wrote an excellent sequel to The Lord of the Rings, which in my opinion does an excellent job of capturing the world and the spirit of Tolkien's work, and he still has orcs existing long after the destruction of the ring. That having been said he definitely works in a darker tone then Tolkien, so take it for what you will.

Think it's safe to assume that the orc did what they did every time they were defeated on a massive scale by man. They scattered, ran and hid, in any dark places without sun light, deep forests and mountains. They did this many times in the Silmarillion, the hobbit and the ring trilogy.

Sauron was just such a threat because he could unite all the orcs. The orcs will probably always be a threat, but not as big because they're not all banded together.

I don't remember anything in the books that leads us to believe that something should be different this time and that the orcs should disappear after the ring has been destroyed.

Orcs are just a hodgepodge of mutated elves / half elves, mutated humans / half-humans, Maiar, and underground heat/slime/shadow. There is no unifying origin for them I believe. Also, orcs are more or less synonymous with goblins (goblins were the word for "orc" in The Hobbit).

If they were from underground heat/slime/shadow then there would be some scanty evidence that they'd be wiped out when Morgoth is wiped out. But other then that they'd just crawl underground or get hunted down and killed after Sauron was vanquished.

i mean tolkien said that his world is base off earth but in distant past

so all magical creatures died off according to him

It's a tricky subject. It's hard to say what Tolkien would have done with his world had he lived longer and written more. A Russian author, Nik Perumov, wrote an excellent sequel to The Lord of the Rings, which in my opinion does an excellent job of capturing the world and the spirit of Tolkien's work, and he still has orcs existing long after the destruction of the ring. That having been said he definitely works in a darker tone then Tolkien, so take it for what you will.

Not available in English?? Sad :(

Not available in English?? Sad :(

Blame copyright law. It's quite good, and personally I think it's a worth sequel.

Blame copyright law. It's quite good, and personally I think it's a worth sequel.

I'm hungry! Looking for a synopsis but hard to in English. Is there even any bootleg English versions around? It sounds pretty cool, it says the villians and heroes are shades of gray instead of diametrically opposed like Sauron and Gandalf.

I'm hungry! Looking for a synopsis but hard to in English. Is there even any bootleg English versions around? It sounds pretty cool, it says the villians and heroes are shades of gray instead of diametrically opposed like Sauron and Gandalf.

To be honest I haven't looked and wouldn't know where to begin. It has been translated into a number of languages including Swedish. I suspect the sad truth may be that a work of this massive size is simply too long and difficult to translate for it to be done through anything other then a professional effort.

Why didn't the Eagles simply take a bucket of lava from Mt. Doom and bring it to the Shire so they could toss the ring in?

Why didn't the Eagles simply take a bucket of lava from Mt. Doom and bring it to the Shire so they could toss the ring in?

becouse of dem shrieking nazgul probably.

I wonder if mordor could have get used in some way after the war, if sauron could muster such forces, it must have been rich as hell of minerals.

reasons to learn russian

best literature in the world

checkmate non Tolstoy fans

Honestly I don't like Tolstoy.

orcs r said 2 be elves kidnaped by melkor year 3000bc

around 6000ad king elessar trumpcontar defeated the evil sauron il muhamud gorthaur and the orcs ran back to mountains to there tunnels around the parts of eastern china and turkmenistan

after the savior trumpcontar died the good christian abrahamic folk started questioning things and again spread the worship of melkor in the name of michelle obamacanis (one of the blue wizard)

never heard of a female orc other then (deleted cuz im 2 mean)

Ye as previously mentioned some orcs survived, and most of them were hunted down later. There is also that famous part in the books where two orcs talk about leaving and settling somewhere peaceful. Also Tolkien mentioned that orcs actually raped elven female prisoners, Elrond's wife could have possibly suffered this fate (some people could make a connection with muslims here, up to you c: )

Shagrat and Gorbag quote

'They would,' grunted Gorbag. 'We'll see. But anyway, if it does go well, there should be a lot more room. What d'you say? – if we get a chance, you and me'll slip off and set up somewhere on our own with a few trusty lads, somewhere where there's good loot nice and handy, and no big bosses.'

'Ah!' said Shagrat. 'Like old times.'

Just saw a question about Mordor, it was given to Sauron's slaves, both orcs and humans.

Quote:

...and the slaves of Mordor he released and gave to them all the lands about Lake Nurnen to be their own.

Another quote:

After the ultimate defeat of Sauron, Mordor became mostly empty again as the orcs inside it fled or were killed. Crippled by thousands of years of abuse and neglect, but capable of sustaining life, the land of Mordor was given to the defeated foes of Gondor as a consolation

it depends what sources your looking for and what you think is canon

but right after the got destroyed the orc lost all there surface area bases meaning there all hide in dark mountaions and in night came out in raiding but most of them ended with fails and people got better at avoid going near mountians at night when orc and goblins began coming out

also if you played fourt age mod to rome total war 1 aka best mod for rome tw 1

you can build orc as dunland harad rhun and new shadow cult

in the fourt age new shadow book that never got finished a civil war happenden in kingdoms after aragon son died

cult began appear and it religion was bsed of worship of morgoth the first dark lord

when that happended rhun harad and dunland umbar khan and other kingdom rebel againt reiutined kigndom

but we dont know how there control the orc and had them recruited in there army maybe because there had same goal

but sauron was blessed by morgoth he was maiar and he had one ring to controll orc

how can humans control orc and put them in there army we never know

also there event when morgoth comes out in his prision and the last battle between morgoth and arda

(gay gods) the battle to end all batlles something like that other humans who will fight eachother

also dwarves in fourth will problerlhy try to reclaim all there lost to goblins so yeah

but the orc will fade out of time with elves and dwarves

so only humans remains

orc c ant surivive without a leader like sauorn to controll them there weak afraid

and even there raids at night are fails and if there figth anything other civilians is like suicide attack

I ready somewhere that goblins ARE orcs, just a different breed. Like how the uruk-hai are orcs but stronger, goblins are orcs but weaker. Like breeds of dogs or something.

Also, I read that orcs were evil mutated elves, not humans. Did I miss something?

Lastly, weren't the orcs like, designed to be fighty and mean? Stands to reason after Suaron died they'd just go on raiding small villages and raping townsfolk like shit-tier vikings.

I ready somewhere that goblins ARE orcs, just a different breed. Like how the uruk-hai are orcs but stronger, goblins are orcs but weaker. Like breeds of dogs or something.

Also, I read that orcs were evil mutated elves, not humans. Did I miss something?

Lastly, weren't the orcs like, designed to be fighty and mean? Stands to reason after Suaron died they'd just go on raiding small villages and raping townsfolk like shit-tier vikings.

I once read something.

Did I miss something?

In the book Morgoth's Ring, Tolkien seems to shift the timeline of the Second Awakening (when Man first appeared) to be earlier. This accommodated his shifting views on the origin of orcs.

I think as Tolkien got older he developed a greater and greater love for Elves, presumably because he spent so much time developing Sindarin and Quenya.

Sign in to follow this