Sign in to follow this  
Feanor

F.C.C. Plans Net Neutrality Repeal in a Victory for Telecoms

America is three small meals away from revolution. The only thing stopping a lot of people is welfare. Take away welfare and they have nothing to lose especially when the option is to starve out on the street. With this new erosion of a previously accepted lifestyle tenant we're drawing closer to the cave in.

America is three small meals away from revolution. The only thing stopping a lot of people is welfare. Take away welfare and they have nothing to lose especially when the option is to starve out on the street. With this new erosion of a previously accepted lifestyle tenant we're drawing closer to the cave in.

I'm not so sure. I think that if a revolution occurs it will be a managed one, rather then a true revolution from below.

What do you think would actually happen if the ISP's implemented such anti consumerist practices? No one would fucking use them. The free market would sort it out real fast. After reading into it, it literally just removes government influence in my life. If your ISP is retarded enough to block websites, don't use it. Find a different one. Hell, start your own if it bothers you that much. Don't be a lazy fuck.

What do you think would actually happen if the ISP's implemented such anti consumerist practices? No one would fucking use them. The free market would sort it out real fast. After reading into it, it literally just removes government influence in my life. If your ISP is retarded enough to block websites, don't use it. Find a different one. Hell, start your own if it bothers you that much. Don't be a lazy fuck.

you are fucking autistic if you think you always have a choice to pick different isps

and delusional to think you would be able to start and isp company without investors and without no history of business success

you are fucking autistic if you think you always have a choice to pick different isps

and delusional to think you would be able to start and isp company without investors and without no history of business success

Interesting that that's what you choose to focus on pona. No I don't think that. It was a fucking joke. Srry srry government regulation = good, business freedom = bad. Better?

So what if ISP's have the freedom to offer their services in whatever way they please? If they all started charging for websites and blocking websites they don't agree with, I guarantee you we'd have new ISP's from companies like Netflix and Apple within 6 months. It's a non issue. They are competing for the general public's sense of good faith. It's the free market. And hell, say they all did exactly what everyone fears they would, how long do you think they would stick around? Do you think the public would just sit there and take the fisting? It's too late for that. Everyone's used to an open and free internet. Even in the worst case scenario, it would create many potentially new and better ISP's by companies with a moral guideline.

• Like 1

Dear google, please help me define the word ‘monopoly’ for our resident who enjoys the pleasure of being fucked by business

Dear google, please help me define the word ‘monopoly’ for our resident who enjoys the pleasure of being fucked by business

Dear diplo, please present me with a human being who isn't a retard that thinks in one dimension and can't conceptualize the consequences of an ISP being abusive with their perceived freedom. While you're at it diplo, bring someone here who won't avoid the main consensus of my argument while simultaneously flagging all of my posts as illiterate to make them feel better about themselves. Preferably Phal, Van, Abdel or Feanor. Thx

• Like 1

Dear diplo, please present me with a human being who isn't a retard that thinks in one dimension and can't conceptualize the consequences of an ISP being abusive with their perceived freedom. While you're at it diplo, bring someone here who won't avoid the main consensus of my argument while simultaneously flagging all of my posts as illiterate to make them feel better about themselves. Preferably Phal, Van, Abdel or Feanor. Thx

Large companies in a deregulated market have a well established history of ass-fucking both the consumer and their own workforce. Look into the late 1800 early 1900, especially in the US. ISPs are in a position to form an oligopoly and outright monopolize local markets, shutting down competition. Given the barriers to entry into the complex market, and given that big business immediately marries the government and proceeds to protect itself against competition that way, it's a recipe for disaster and one that has been tried before. And it doesn't require an ISP conspiracy to accomplish either, convergent economic interests will do it.

• Like 1

Interesting that that's what you choose to focus on pona. No I don't think that. It was a fucking joke. Srry srry government regulation = good, business freedom = bad. Better?

So what if ISP's have the freedom to offer their services in whatever way they please? If they all started charging for websites and blocking websites they don't agree with, I guarantee you we'd have new ISP's from companies like Netflix and Apple within 6 months. It's a non issue. They are competing for the general public's sense of good faith. It's the free market. And hell, say they all did exactly what everyone fears they would, how long do you think they would stick around? Do you think the public would just sit there and take the fisting? It's too late for that. Everyone's used to an open and free internet. Even in the worst case scenario, it would create many potentially new and better ISP's by companies with a moral guideline.

first of all big companies like netflix and apple will just pay the ransom that ISPS demand from them for access to their website instead of making their own ISPS because making an ISP that could compete on a level with well established ISPS would need an astronomical amount of infrastructure start up from 0

its the same as trying to open a new oil company in a world already dominated by huge oil industries

its just not gonna happen

government regulated ISPS exactly to prevent abusive behavior and prevent anti-consumer actions

open market is all nice and well as long as you compete somewhere you can compete not when there is big giants who don t give a shit and are willing to crush you

why do you think only ISPS wanted net neutrality revoked? even big companies like Google wanted net neutrality to stay because they know they are subject to abuse now

why do you think Ajit pie was verizon lawyer before becoming head of FCC the guy was literally paid into that position to do exactly what his overlords demanded from him

have you ever had a business? and have any idea how to run it ?

its not just a matter of being not lazy

its most stupid argument i ever heard

government regulation of abusive business spheres is good overall

imagine if gas and oil companies were allowed to run rampant doing whatever the fuck they want

• Like 1

While you're at it diplo, bring someone here who won't avoid the main consensus of my argument

Preferably Phal, Van, Abdel or Feanor. Thx

Large companies in a deregulated market have a well-established history of ass-fucking both the consumer and their own workforce.

it's a recipe for disaster and one that has been tried before.

Dear God(s) of Irony, Idiots, and Illiterate ratings,

Need I say more?

I feel like there is some confusion in this thread. You guys do know that you won't have to start paying extra anywhere, this won't hurt you wallet. This will hurt innovation. Removing net neutrality will make it harder for smaller websites to start up.

This technically means the internet will no longer be a free market in USA anymore.

To those refering that the EU has net neutrality, you are partially right. NN in the EU was weakened sometime last year or even two years ago and some German ISPs are already profiting. Just yesterday, our FCC kind of thing forced the German Telekom to make their service "StreamOn" better. For extra payment you could go over your monthly data limit and watch as many movies as you wanted to. My ISP is being investigated aswell for same reasons. They have a so called gigapass that allows you to stream music and movies endlessley if you pay extra.

Merk, you are too deep in your own personal political believes to acknowledge the catastrophy of NN being repealed.

Merk, you are too deep in your own personal political believes to acknowledge the catastrophy of NN being repealed.

Voting against your own interest is the core value of Republican voters.

• Like 1

Omg someone posted something I disagree with and I'm triggered but there's no autistic rating so illiterate rating will have to do.

>Memebdel

While you're at it diplo, bring someone here who won't avoid the main consensus of my argument while simultaneously flagging all of my posts as illiterate to make them feel better about themselves. Preferably Phal, Van, Abdel or Feanor. Thx

I respect you enough not to spamrate your posts, but not enough to put much effort into this.

What do you think would actually happen if the ISP's implemented such anti consumerist practices? No one would fucking use them. The free market would sort it out real fast.

Internet access = infrastructure.

Internet access quality = quality of infrastructure.

Infrastructure and its quality = money.

Money = what large ISPs have and local ISPs trying to compete do not.

If I have to explain to you that sometimes, human beings make use of services they don't like because it's still the only viable option due to infrastructure, you don't have the life experience necessary for this discussion.

Hell, start your own if it bothers you that much.

Oh okay good idea Merk I'll just get a small loan of a million dollars and convince people switching to my shoddy new service with no infrastructure won't fuck them over

Maybe I'll be as successful as the Libertarian Party

They are competing for the general public's sense of good faith.

No, they aren't and you're naive for believing this.

The goal of a company is to make profit. Competition is good for innovation and the consumer, not company profits. It's the wet dream of business to corner the market, so as to extract maximum value for every bit of product or service it provides. The same concept applies to politics. Counting on people supporting you because of your values is an inferior strategy to being their only viable option. Or do you really believe everyone who voted for Hillary OR Trump actually liked their chosen candidate?

The greatest irony here is that you're arguing for the power of public good faith in a discussion about Net Neutrality, which was repealed against 83% of public opinion. Because the interests of the lobbies and donors behind that move were more important than the public.

Dear diplo, please present me with a human being who isn't a retard that thinks in one dimension and can't conceptualize the consequences of an ISP being abusive with their perceived freedom.

The interesting thing about this statement is you, yourself haven't acknowledged the consequences to *every other business EXCEPT ISPs* because of this.

Instead of the internet being one big marketplace where access is the only key, this measure cuts it up behind a maze of paywalls and location-dependent choices. Do you have any inkling of the consequences to businesses using the internet? Of the advantage big companies will have over small business? Of the difficulty independent creators, entrepreneurs and families could have?

You aren't showing me you know anything about competition, free markets, or what an economy is.

And hell, say they all did exactly what everyone fears they would, how long do you think they would stick around? Do you think the public would just sit there and take the fisting? It's too late for that. Everyone's used to an open and free internet. Even in the worst case scenario, it would create many potentially new and better ISP's by companies with a moral guideline.

"Bad things can't happen to good people because they're used to good things and would stop the bad things. Business must be moral, because how could it be successful otherwise?"

candyland-131-final.jpg

I'd respond to all of you if I had the time. Honestly, if this bill affects any one of you then you can say you told me so. In the event that the ISPs lose all desire to have a reputation and public appeal, then you'll all be right. But I prefer the ISPs to have the freedom to be retards. I believe in freedom and with the exception of fergus who actually gave a very well thought out and reasoned response with a good argument against it, you all can suck my fucking cock you dramatic single-minded fuckwits.

Sign in to follow this