DIPLONEWS
  • Don't miss DGL at 8PM EST rotating Saturdays and Sundays.
  • Diplo is getting an Ark server contact Duck for more information.
  • Want to play Dungeons and Dragons? Join D^3 to play now!
  • Want to watch movies with Diplo? Contact BaneBladeLuv for more info on movie night!
Linkin

Warcraft: Total War Bug Report

[ATTACH=full]6998[/ATTACH]

Group hug.. perhaps a bit too close guys?

[ATTACH=full]6999[/ATTACH]

Multiclassing is pretty neat. Blademaster Mage.

[ATTACH=full]7000[/ATTACH]

Darius can summon Stratholme Knights? Neat.

• Like 1

Nice! Thank you for checking out the map. It's kind of funny last night right around the time you signed up for the game was when I was fixing those passive icons you pointed out. :)

-I will get a icon for mirror image tonight and make a Gilneas Cavalry Spell.

The collision however is an interesting topic to discuss. I will start by saying that the battles I've had in the map with other players leave me satisfied with where the collision is presently at. On a side note I did reduce the pathing of Tree doodads to a 'barrel'. The result of these two is fairly smooth pathing all around the map. That's not to say there's room for improvement but I would like to make those adjustments based on in game PvP observations.

It is possible that some units can be made fatter collision wise to make for interesting blocking strategies. The Heavy Infantry is the first that comes to mind. I however would actually like to have some Mercenary units as the main candidates for units with more collision. Maybe Ogres (cause there are quite a few around the map: Dire Maul, Alterac, etc.) could be made fatter. Definitely a topic I would like to revisit after I've had a chance to see more battles.

Thanks for the feedback my crab friend who seems to have gone batty! :)

-I will get a icon for mirror image tonight

Not the icon I was pointing out, the ability refer the mage as a Blademaster.

Not the icon I was pointing out, the ability refer the mage as a Blademaster.

Consider both fixed! Also forgot to say Gilneas is getting Worgenized tonight!!

• Like 1

Hey, I was messing around in this map in single player yesterday and ran across a couple of bugs.

I went to capture Ragnaros and when I defeated him he reverted to neutral passive and invulnerable instead of falling under my control. The other three elemental lords worked fine.

I also switched to the C'thun faction and the heroes did not teleport out of the box at the bottom of the screen.

I love the map and its ability to switch between different factions. Can't wait to see how it changes as time goes on.

• Like 1

[ATTACH=full]7004[/ATTACH]

Two Zandalari Betrayers join the Kul'Tiras at start.

Hey, I was messing around in this map in single player yesterday and ran across a couple of bugs.

I went to capture Ragnaros and when I defeated him he reverted to neutral passive and invulnerable instead of falling under my control. The other three elemental lords worked fine.

I also switched to the C'thun faction and the heroes did not teleport out of the box at the bottom of the screen.

I love the map and its ability to switch between different factions. Can't wait to see how it changes as time goes on.

Thanks I'll have both those fixed in the next patch!

[ATTACH=full]7004[/ATTACH]

Two Zandalari Betrayers join the Kul'Tiras at start.

May their heads be stricken from their shoulders for such disloyalty (fixed for the next patch)!

Wish I didn't have to work today/tomorrow but at least I have Sunday/Monday off!

I actually just caught another one! At least in the AvH version of the map, Blood Elves don't seem to be able to build workers at any capitols or castles.

• Like 1

I actually just caught another one! At least in the AvH version of the map, Blood Elves don't seem to be able to build workers at any capitols or castles.

I can second that that.

[ATTACH=full]7005[/ATTACH]

Not terribly fond of towers hidding in mountains. Sneaky beaky towers.

[ATTACH=full]7006[/ATTACH]

First win proper win. Must say that the games are awfully short. Once you win some you win all, just a feeling though.

[ATTACH=full]7007[/ATTACH]

Got terribly disapointed that I did not get both.

[ATTACH=full]7008[/ATTACH]

And forever immortalised Umbra's defeat at my great orange hands.

Once more the game got steamrolled over when me and Blue won early on.

We helped Red and crushed the Alliance, then I TP'd to Teal and saved him, close call. But ressing 20 units on demand was probably the way I showed my ''great'' saving skills.

TP to pink, save him from the Evil Umbra. Lets say I had a slight gold advantage and then - Peace and GG.

For some reason LB did not start with owning the World Tree so he never noticed the ability it had.

Edit: Notice that you were very lax about using proper summon names.

In the summoning spell in the editor has a buff you can attach, you probably know that. But it also used as the visual name shown in game on the summoning timer. Several summons are wrongly named.

• Like 1

I can second that that.

[ATTACH=full]7005[/ATTACH]

Not terribly fond of towers hidding in mountains. Sneaky beaky towers.

[ATTACH=full]7006[/ATTACH]

First win proper win. Must say that the games are awfully short. Once you win some you win all, just a feeling though.

[ATTACH=full]7007[/ATTACH]

Got terribly disapointed that I did not get both.

[ATTACH=full]7008[/ATTACH]

And forever immortalised Umbra's defeat at my great orange hands.

Once more the game got steamrolled over when me and Blue won early on.

We helped Red and crushed the Alliance, then I TP'd to Teal and saved him, close call. But ressing 20 units on demand was probably the way I showed my ''great'' saving skills.

TP to pink, save him from the Evil Umbra. Lets say I had a slight gold advantage and then - Peace and GG.

For some reason LB did not start with owning the World Tree so he never noticed the ability it had.

Edit: Notice that you were very lax about using proper summon names.

In the summoning spell in the editor has a buff you can attach, you probably know that. But it also used as the visual name shown in game on the summoning timer. Several summons are wrongly named.

Bug list from this thread so far (these are all fixed btw thank both of you @Linkin @DocPepper821 )!

-Ragnaros

-Faction Swaps getting stuck in the box

-Zandalari Traitors

-Blood Elf Workers

-Sneaky Blood Elf Tower

-Anveena Tooltip

As for the topic of game play pacing I'm eager to get more games in myself to get a clear picture of how things play out. When we had our first game last weekend it was very closely contested and the Horde only pulled through when the dwarves quit and the Goblins kept breeding Bronze Dragons. The Alliance had 4 other Dragonflights in their territory if they would have utilized them we would have been crushed. As far as Grand Strategy maps go Total War is the least punishing when it comes to triggers. There are no Perm Death Heroes and no penalty for losing bases. While I've definitely found that there is no trouble killing/grinding down other players despite the absence of those, I was almost worried that with the ability to recover that 6v6 games would go on forever.

Did you save the replay be chance? Last weekend we did have a fierce Lion of the South aka Stormwind in the form of @i.am.norsk. He almost carried the team lol. The game mode is still so new and people are still unfamiliar with the map in general. I would expect a few good players executing a solid strategy to have an advantage over the unwashed masses! If its a challenge you're after it will have to wait till our game Sunday (provided I get a decent Horde together)! :p

Up for a challenge for sure!

Sadly no. As I stated it was only a feeling. Since the skill of players on each team was quite spread out. The communication skill was also a bit wonky for some players.

Had another game today. Played with sounds on and noticed that a lot of units have.. weird voice choices. You probably need to go through most units to get those proper.

Had another game today. Played with sounds on and noticed that a lot of units have.. weird voice choices. You probably need to go through most units to get those proper.

Indeed i do. Im happy most of the bugs being found so far are cosmetic. Just gotta survive 1 more day at work then its so on. If im nit wiped tonight ill do a quick sound check for Beta5. At least for the ally vs horde races!