Sign in to follow this  
Acacia Noctis

Oh hey how's it been?

I moved to rural San Diego county in fall 2015 and since then I haven't really done anything productive or made friends with anyone outside of my workplace. Jeff's disabled now so to answer Infy's question, no we are not using the pull out method anymore because we don't fuck anymore. We still do oral though and I'm totally fine with that.

OH HEY and I have to find a new place to live by the end of next month. The spot I'm in was only supposed to be temporary and the owner wants it back.

Mace- I was drunk through most of the first season. I swear nothing important happened that has any impact on later seasons except for some symbolism here and there.

I moved to rural San Diego county in fall 2015 and since then I haven't really done anything productive or made friends with anyone outside of my workplace. Jeff's disabled now so to answer Infy's question, no we are not using the pull out method anymore because we don't fuck anymore. We still do oral though and I'm totally fine with that.

OH HEY and I have to find a new place to live by the end of next month. The spot I'm in was only supposed to be temporary and the owner wants it back.

Mace- I was drunk through most of the first season. I swear nothing important happened that has any impact on later seasons except for some symbolism here and there.

Rural San Diego County--in general not the best place to live. What justifies living there?

Rural San Diego sounds awful. And the heat down there is disgusting.

Ugh yeah, it was sort of an accident that we ended up here and it was only supposed to be for 3 months, but it's been almost two years now.

Basically after college Jeff and I wanted to move to San Diego to pursue our respective careers. I have a cousin in Ramona who was willing to rent her guest house to us for a few months until we got on our feet and could find a spot in the city. Long story short, that didn't exactly happen and now she wants the guest house back. She's not being pushy about it but she has made it clear it's time to go. I'm getting back on track now as far as trying to get a job in my field. idk I felt burnt out for a while after moving but my motivation is starting to return.

And yeah the heat's fucking gross, especially when it gets humid.

• Like 2

I'm getting back on track now as far as trying to get a job in my field.

What do you do again? I remember something about 3d design?

Also RIPeroni what happened to Jeff.

What happened to jeff? Can he still work?

I should probably have prefaced this with, does diplo know Jeff?

Ugh yeah, it was sort of an accident that we ended up here and it was only supposed to be for 3 months, but it's been almost two years now.

Basically after college Jeff and I wanted to move to San Diego to pursue our respective careers. I have a cousin in Ramona who was willing to rent her guest house to us for a few months until we got on our feet and could find a spot in the city. Long story short, that didn't exactly happen and now she wants the guest house back. She's not being pushy about it but she has made it clear it's time to go. I'm getting back on track now as far as trying to get a job in my field. idk I felt burnt out for a while after moving but my motivation is starting to return.

And yeah the heat's fucking gross, especially when it gets humid.

Yeah, closer to the coast and and the more urban areas of San Diego are really nice. I don't know if it's what most people would call cheap, but housing is less than LA, lol. But, yeah, rural San Diego is a shithole, haha.

What do you do again? I remember something about 3d design?

Also RIPeroni what happened to Jeff.

I do art. My degree is in Game Art & Design but I can apply that to a lot of things.

(see below for info on Jeff)

What happened to jeff? Can he still work?

I should probably have prefaced this with, does diplo know Jeff?

He's always had back problems from his time in the Marines and now it's just getting to be too much. It's degenerative and there aren't any procedures right now but he receives physical therapy, pain injections, acupuncture etc through the VA and it's better than nothing. As for work, not really, but his Disability rating recently went up to 100% and he got a fat raise in benefits though so it's not all bad.

Just a few of you. Mostly Diploers who were on both Scribbl and TinyChat.

Yeah, closer to the coast and and the more urban areas of San Diego are really nice. I don't know if it's what most people would call cheap, but housing is less than LA, lol. But, yeah, rural San Diego is a shithole, haha.

It's so goddamn boring here. It's a cute town, but there's barely anything here. All the businesses are on one street. If you wanna go to Walmart or Costco you gotta drive to the next town.

But yeah San Diego isn't cheap but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than San Francisco. I'm from Sacramento and people always ask why I didn't go to SF to pursue my career. It's because I don't want to pay $2000 a month for a shithole studio in a bad neighborhood. I can get a 2 bedroom apartment in Pacific Beach for less than that.

I do art. My degree is in Game Art & Design but I can apply that to a lot of things.

(see below for info on Jeff)

He's always had back problems from his time in the Marines and now it's just getting to be too much. It's degenerative and there aren't any procedures right now but he receives physical therapy, pain injections, acupuncture etc through the VA and it's better than nothing. As for work, not really, but his Disability rating recently went up to 100% and he got a fat raise in benefits though so it's not all bad.

Just a few of you. Mostly Diploers who were on both Scribbl and TinyChat.

It's so goddamn boring here. It's a cute town, but there's barely anything here. All the businesses are on one street. If you wanna go to Walmart or Costco you gotta drive to the next town.

But yeah San Diego isn't cheap but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than San Francisco. I'm from Sacramento and people always ask why I didn't go to SF to pursue my career. It's because I don't want to pay $2000 a month for a shithole studio in a bad neighborhood. I can get a 2 bedroom apartment in Pacific Beach for less than that.

Bay Area real estate is like a different planet. A one bedroom condo runs 300k. And if you think SF is bad, look up rents in Menlo Park. It used to be a ghetto. Then Facebook moved in.

All of California is terrible.

I mean, place catches on fire regularly.

Northern California (like north of SF) is quite pleasant. Quite a bit cooler too. Santa Cruz area is quite nice as well. At least until it turns into a commuter suburb of San Jose.

Southern California ain't bad! Yeah, it can be hot sometimes if you're too inland. There's always a few days a year that are pretty bad, even though it's usually a dry heat. The other 360 days out of the year are perfect weather. 70's in winter? Sounds good to me! Gotta rep SoCal... :cool:

Do you work in the games industry? How is it (if you do)?

I'm studying game design ATM but I'm debating even pursuing a job in that industry since it seems like hell.

Southern California ain't bad! Yeah, it can be hot sometimes if you're too inland. There's always a few days a year that are pretty bad, even though it's usually a dry heat. The other 360 days out of the year are perfect weather. 70's in winter? Sounds good to me! Gotta rep SoCal... :cool:

There's nothing there. LA is a giant suburban mess. San Diego is the only city worth mentioning. And you're right next to Mexico. Which is a plus if you like Mexico and Mexicans, but for the other 96% of us not a plus. I don't know about LA but in San Jose you have unpleasant heat from late May until early September.

Also to be honest, I like having at least some cold in the winter.

To be fair, I have never gotten Stormy's or Pona's voice wrong.

That's because Pona doesn't have a mic, you retard

You have however several times said "Is that Pona?". Whether it was regarding Stormy or not is irrelevant.

13th has totally gotten Stormy's voice wrong. I remember this specificially because we noted to 13th several times 'Stormy is British, he doesn't sound like anyone else on the discord.'

13th cracked the code, Abdel and Cniper are the same person. OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE #truth

I like all 3 of them. Abdel/Cniper, Baledwyr, and even Bors (though he can be a prick).

Do you work in the games industry? How is it (if you do)?

I'm studying game design ATM but I'm debating even pursuing a job in that industry since it seems like hell.

Sorry I could have sworn I replied to this like a week ago.

I'm not currently employed in the industry. I did work for a small start-up for a while but they didn't have their shit together and were being weird about paying me, so I didn't stick around for long. Not totally game design related but I did some contract work for StreamTV Networks last year doing depth-map keyframes (part of the process of converting regular scenes into 3D). We mostly focused on movies but one of the projects we got was doing the trailer for Battlefield 1 for people with 3D TVs. That was kind of cool.

• Like 1

It's good to see some familiar faces still here.

For everyone else, I'm Jerrica. I like drawing, shitposting in facebook groups and discussing shows & games I like with people.

What hobbies does Diplo have?

Wait. Was it you that had that picture floating around on here of you wearing lingere, or was that just Red in drag?

Sign in to follow this