Sign in to follow this  
Draupne

Slav coffee habits

After some years of experience working at a gas station in rural Norway I've discovered an infuriating phenomenon about migrant workers from Eastern Europe, namely Polish and Lithuanian construction workers/contractors/electricians.

The vast, vast majority of them add a holy crap tonne of milk to the coffee they buy here in their lunch breaks. An infuriating amount. They usually take as many sugar cubes as they can carry too.

We literally have to stock up with more milk for the coffee machines because of these lithuanians. They might as well be ordering cappucinos at a Starbucks like all the young Norwegian girls do.

So whats the deal? Any Polish or Baltic here that could explain to me why u guys require such an assload of milk for ur coffee? Why bother with the coffee and just drink milk instead smh

we don t like stuff thats black

so even coffe must be bleached as hard as possible for us so it looks at least somewhat attractive to drink

After some years of experience working at a gas station in rural Norway I've discovered an infuriating phenomenon about migrant workers from Eastern Europe, namely Polish and Lithuanian construction workers/contractors/electricians.

The vast, vast majority of them add a holy crap tonne of milk to the coffee they buy here in their lunch breaks. An infuriating amount. They usually take as many sugar cubes as they can carry too.

We literally have to stock up with more milk for the coffee machines because of these lithuanians. They might as well be ordering cappucinos at a Starbucks like all the young Norwegian girls do.

So whats the deal? Any Polish or Baltic here that could explain to me why u guys require such an assload of milk for ur coffee? Why bother with the coffee and just drink milk instead smh

I'm slavic and I drink my coffee as follows:

50% vodka

40% coffee liquer

10% milk

No sugar.

Palates unaccustomed to the taste probably.

As a Yid I like my coffee (and pretty much anything that I be ingested) like I like my women: black and bitter.

Norwegian coffee must be shiite.

There are some coffees I can drink black with sugar. There are some I absolutely must drink with cream. The latter tend to be the shittier "I need a pick me up and I don't really care about flavor".

There are some coffees I can drink black with sugar. There are some I absolutely must drink with cream. The latter tend to be the shittier "I need a pick me up and I don't really care about flavor".

I prefer coffee black without anything else. It's pretty good.

Probably the same Brazilian or Vietnamese coffee they drink anywhere else in the world.

It's 2017 and people are still drinking coffee? Come on. Just grab a liter of Mountain Dew.

Away with yer pills it'll cure all ills.

Be ye Pagan, Christian, or Jew.

I start my day with a black iced coffee every day at work, its Keurig brewed but it's the only way to get through the morning and I don't need the sugar to add to the unavoidable crash that will happen later on.

In all seriousness, the cup of English breakfast tea waiting to be made is all that gets me out of bed some mornings. Never been a coffee man. The taste didn't grow on me like tea did.

Tea atleast feels like your hydrating, coffee just drains you.

They both make me have to piss every 6 minutes for an hour or so. But what I've noticed with tea is the actual quality of the caffeine buzz. It feels pure and magical and happy. Coffee wakes me up but it's always either a neutral feeling (best case scenario) or an anxiety feeling (worst case).

I still drink coffee though because I love the taste with hazelnut creamer.

my general rule is drink tea in the mornings and then i drink tea in the afternoons, at tea time, at night and while I'm sleeping I enjoy a drip IV of English breakfast

Sorry you were sounding a little unpatriotic there so I fixed it up.

• Like 1

They both make me have to piss every 6 minutes for an hour or so. But what I've noticed with tea is the actual quality of the caffeine buzz. It feels pure and magical and happy. Coffee wakes me up but it's always either a neutral feeling (best case scenario) or an anxiety feeling (worst case).

I still drink coffee though because I love the taste with hazelnut creamer.

Yeah coffee is a natural depressant whereas tea has some qualities to it that acts as a anti depressant to the caffeine in tea.

Also depends if your drinking green, black, red or white tea.

Also I can have a cup of tea at night and go to bed whereas with coffee, ill be in the bathroom sweating.

Also depends if your drinking green, black, red or white tea.

Yes I've noticed this too - different moods for different teas (and all of them are good).

Chai tea is my favorite mood lifter. It caffeinates like green tea and makes me happy like chamomile.

Yes I've noticed this too - different moods for different teas (and all of them are good).

Chai tea is my favorite mood lifter. It caffeinates like green tea and makes me happy like chamomile.

Chamomile tastes like foot reak to me. :/

[quote name='Ser_Fergus']Yo @nodle where do you get your tea in vic?[/QUOTE] I currently work as a barista so I get tea from all over, silk road, murchies, mighty leaf and a local tea leaf store in sidney.