Sign in to follow this  
CNiper

Response to Bane: Why I Promote Diplo.

The issue is that diplo wasn't founded on shilling but rather it grew organically from WC3 relationships and communities.

You already knew people on the forum when you signed up because you had gamed with them and so there was some pre-existing connection, which also made getting along and inclusiveness come more naturally. With shilling you're essentially having strangers come to this forum with no preexising connection and that will make integration more difficult but it also makes retention more difficult because these people don't have a connection to anybody else here outside of the forum and so there's less incentive to stay.

I'm not offering an opinion on shilling but rather just highlighting where tension comes from. Method number two is far more ideal than method number one for growing a cohesive and resilient community but people by and large have stopped recruiting so to speak.

As someone who's been part of small communities (both as a leader and a member) based around small games, maps, etc. I can attest that without an active effort to bring fresh blood into the fold, the community will die. This is especially true of games that have a relatively high learning curve. I've linked all my accounts to this one, and I've tried to be a bit more active since I've come back. I think I'm the only on who actually comments on shit on the diplo facebook, lol. Point being: We need to be more welcoming across all our various outlets and actively try to get new players. I'm behind you, CNiper.

• Like 1

>listening to anything bane says and not thinking he's an angry neck beard (albeit a loveable one)

I give you shit all the time cause it's funny, but honestly what you do for the community is priceless. The shilling is fun to make fun of but it's definitely necessary for us to stay alive at this point.

• Like 1

>dayne making fun of someone for shilling

What do you mean I never shill for anyt-HEY GUYS DAYNE HERE HAVE YOU READ THE GOOD NEWS OF BANJOBALL?

All it takes is for 1-2 people to go inactive for 6v6 ISH every night to fall apart. New blood is necessary for replacing old blood.

I show the random picture thread to people at work.

All it takes is for 1-2 people to go inactive for 6v6 ISH every night to fall apart. New blood is necessary for replacing old blood.

It sounds like we're all vampires.

I can agree with bane that some of these people are cuntbags, but I also think we're resilient enough to sort out which ones are trolls and which are decent.

Besides. Being angry at cunts is fulfilling. We can't run out of things to grumble about, we wouldn't be the longbeards otherwise.

300?cb=20150710234018

Look i don t see no problem here

if a guy came just to kill other people i don t have a problem with that

simply kill him before he kills you

thats like NR 1 rule in life and in gaming

Look i don t see no problem here

if a guy came just to kill other people i don t have a problem with that

simply kill him before he kills you

thats like NR 1 rule in life and in gaming

That's the number one rule for douchebags in gaming. I don't need to kill people to have fun, and generally I'm far more interested in everyone else having fun at the same time. If someone is getting slaughtered, generally that person isn't having fun.

As a relative newcomer to Diplo (lurker up until 2016 I guess) I feel that its difficult to join up in these games anyway mostly because of two reasons:

Reason 1 is that the community core feels and behaves very established which makes it difficult to engage in (imo)

Reason 2 is that the time difference is troublesome

jokes on you boyz

when i retire and be old ass grumpy fag from lithuania il be 6vs6 diplomacy ivri night

• Like 2