@UmbraUnda This sounds like a good idea. :D Try not to make it tooclose to AWLR tho all that minimacro & micro is kinda annoying on the bigger maps :) But if you do give players the total freedom of builders and units maybe leave the cities and towns empty and allow the players to fill them with what they feel like should be built in there :p Maybe have buildings only beeing able to be build on special "plots of land" inside the walls and alike?? But oh well we'll see how it turns out GL & HF anyway :) (after seeing page2 with screenshots with layout, How Lorefriendly will control over the cities and towns and castles bee? for ex: Will riverrun be able to enclose themselfs with water? so that ladders to the walls is a major task? or will you just be able to run up to the gates as seen now? Will the bloody gate be a clusterfuck to charge? Can the Ironislands defend thier lands with thier fleet alone? or will hit & run landings be posible for others too? Will the Dornish Desert have rng based deaths for nonnatives same as Northend forests ? Planing to make the Desputedlands a major warzone between Lys, Tyrosh and Myr ? Will the Freehold of Bravos have splinter factions within itself "SeaLord/IronBank/Facelessmen" Same with the other Cities in Essos that have Inner Factions inside the difrent walls. Maybe have that be chosen as path in start? or a mix? How Far east will the map go? Dothraki sea or all the way to Qarth ? Lol merp this wall of text... [B]TL;DR - Lore-Friendly details?[/B]
  • Like 1

[QUOTE="wTc[JediMaster], post: 653323, member: 16584"]@UmbraUnda This sounds like a good idea. :D Try not to make it tooclose to AWLR tho all that minimacro & micro is kinda annoying on the bigger maps :) But if you do give players the total freedom of builders and units maybe leave the cities and towns empty and allow the players to fill them with what they feel like should be built in there :p Maybe have buildings only beeing able to be build on special "plots of land" inside the walls and alike?? But oh well we'll see how it turns out GL & HF anyway :) (after seeing page2 with screenshots with layout, How Lorefriendly will control over the cities and towns and castles bee? for ex: Will riverrun be able to enclose themselfs with water? so that ladders to the walls is a major task? or will you just be able to run up to the gates as seen now? Will the bloody gate be a clusterfuck to charge? Can the Ironislands defend thier lands with thier fleet alone? or will hit & run landings be posible for others too? Will the Dornish Desert have rng based deaths for nonnatives same as Northend forests ? Planing to make the Desputedlands a major warzone between Lys, Tyrosh and Myr ? Will the Freehold of Bravos have splinter factions within itself "SeaLord/IronBank/Facelessmen" Same with the other Cities in Essos that have Inner Factions inside the difrent walls. Maybe have that be chosen as path in start? or a mix? How Far east will the map go? Dothraki sea or all the way to Qarth ? Lol merp this wall of text... [B]TL;DR - Lore-Friendly details?[/B][/QUOTE] Hey, thanks for the feedback. For the most part, buildings are pre-placed... some can be upgraded. There are only a handful of structures that can be built - a few fortifications/unit production buildings and others are drop-off points for resources (7 total, 6 harvestable - I already have a working harvest system with vJASS). Cities and Castles will be as lore accurate as possible... (books that is, fuck the show) Highgarden has 3 rings of walls, Winterfell and a double wall with moat inbetween, etc... Riverrun was hard though because idk how to trigger rising water on it's 3rd side.... so for the map it'll already be covered by water on all 3 sides, unless I figure out how to trigger that. You will be able to run up to the gates but the path is thin so you won't be able to bring an army into the river to attack the gate. Well, Bloody Gate is well fortified but I won't know how clusterfuck it'll be until we do gameplay testing. Iron Islands probably can defend itself with just its fleet... if they use strategy with fleet and garrison on castle walls they can for sure defend themselves. I suppose hit & run landings can be possible for others... maybe I'll make it take longer for others. What's RNG based deaths? I was thinking about area abilities to slow (or speed up) based on weather... Well, I haven't researched that area yet, but if it is a warzone in the books, then I'll make it a warzone. Umm, idk about factions - I was going to have most of Essos Nuetral/Hostile. But I will include mercenaries so you will be able to hire units of each faction or take a loan from the Iron Bank. Not sure about paths for Essos free cities since they are neutral. The map goes as far east as Slaver's Bay... There will be some other instances that go further east though, like Asshai. Lol, thanks for all the questions. It helps keep things sharp...

Ohh someone on diplo that actually can terrain, lovely! Have you put thoughts on what custom tiles you are going to use?

• Like 1

@UmbraUnda Hehe so aSoIaF then ;D and ye I saw the dubble walls & Storms end reminds me of aCoK mod for Mount and blade but cant really remember alot of the city/castle itself part from patchface xD About the rng deaths , I mean kinda like if you as a non-dorne unit walk in that desert theres a risk of death (cuz of some unknow reason or maybe just take dmg during the day or something idk. and simular in the north but I resticted myself only to the woods there. can not really say how deadly the forests are but both the north and dorne (and even the neck) are unhospitable locations so maybe something there would be fitting :) About the water level, if you played one of the lotr maps with isengard you might get insperation for the water (after the ents or something else destroy that dam you know) Humm ok so essos wont be one of the 12/11 players then (depending on your setup some use 1 player for NPC factions) About the "Warzone" [URL]http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Disputed_Lands[/URL] Oh another thing I forgot to ask and havent dubble checked if decided yet, but when will the maps timeline start? Well only happy to help ;D
  • Like 1

Hmmmm why someon is making a new got map instead of just updating the Old one cmeon :( ASOIAF still greats all it needs is some fixes etc

Ur doing a great job, but i feel its not needed soo much work when we already have one that is still played often this will only low down both maps players

[quote name='Linkin']Ohh someone on diplo that actually can terrain, lovely! Have you put thoughts on what custom tiles you are going to use?[/QUOTE] Aww thanks, years of experience have paid off... Yeah, mainly default wc3 tiles but recolored on photoshop. Plus maybe a couple of custom desert and grass tiles... I'm actually looking for a good cliff tile or eventually I'll make my own. Also, I have an issue with NewGen and the current version of wc3... So I can only have 10 tiles in right now, with NewGen I can have 25ish. I know there's a way to downgrade the version of wc3 to make it work but I haven't tried it yet. If you know another way around this, let me know. [QUOTE="wTc[JediMaster], post: 653430, member: 16584"]@UmbraUnda Hehe so aSoIaF then ;D and ye I saw the dubble walls & Storms end reminds me of aCoK mod for Mount and blade but cant really remember alot of the city/castle itself part from patchface xD About the rng deaths , I mean kinda like if you as a non-dorne unit walk in that desert theres a risk of death (cuz of some unknow reason or maybe just take dmg during the day or something idk. and simular in the north but I resticted myself only to the woods there. can not really say how deadly the forests are but both the north and dorne (and even the neck) are unhospitable locations so maybe something there would be fitting :) About the water level, if you played one of the lotr maps with isengard you might get insperation for the water (after the ents or something else destroy that dam you know) Humm ok so essos wont be one of the 12/11 players then (depending on your setup some use 1 player for NPC factions) About the "Warzone" [URL]http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Disputed_Lands[/URL] Oh another thing I forgot to ask and havent dubble checked if decided yet, but when will the maps timeline start? Well only happy to help ;D[/QUOTE] Yup. Oh nice - never played that game but I wanna try one day. Oh man idk about rng deaths... that's a bit harsh and Dorne's desert isn't that bad. Yeah an aura would work for that. Indeed, each terrain will have its own effect. I also wanted to do something with a trigger that worked with elevation change for mountains - basically it would slow depending on the elevation change however it caused major lag so I couldn't use it. Oh don't worry I know lots about water levels and I'm planning on some lakes up in the mountains and then some. Players will be Daenerys, Stannis, Winter, Free Folk, Wall, North, Riverlands, Iron Islands, Vale, Lannisters, Reach, and Dorne. I thought about switching it up for more players in Essos but it got really imbalanced... I feel each faction with triggers would work fine on their own as neutral hostile/neutral passive. Interesting lore... Spring 299... I'm accelerating a couple of factions events by a month or two though. Renly is dead, Riverrun was retaken and Robb is crowned King in the North, Dany is in Qarth (Undying)... I'm using this timeline [MEDIA=googlesheets]gid=8;id=1ZsY3lcDDtTdBWp1Gx6mfkdtZT6-Gk0kdTGeSC_Dj7WM[/MEDIA]

Hmmmm why someon is making a new got map instead of just updating the Old one cmeon :( ASOIAF still greats all it needs is some fixes etc

Ur doing a great job, but i feel its not needed soo much work when we already have one that is still played often this will only low down both maps players

xDDD

Well, #1 it's protected...

#2 It's spawn based and the terrain is TERRIBLE.

#3 It's easier to start over for the map I envision.

#4 I know what you mean - that map might be beyond fixing though in terms of Hero aims. (Don't worry, I've got fixes for my map).

Thanks man... I disagree on your perspective though. I talked to a lot of people and they hate a lot of things about that map and only play because its Game of Thrones themed... so I decided it'd be best to create a new experience with different mechanics. In the end, I think people will only be playing my map xD j.k Still, I think there are enough people on Bnet to play both (active hours that is).

• Like 1

Well just saying community is already small, dividing it in a new map wont help especially making a map like ISOIAF.

Anyways, gl with ur project I'll make sure to try it(ur ideas are amazing :D, even tho i think too many small paths :D ),but I feel I wont host more than 2 times cuz of that lack of players that want to play a strat and hero aim base map that isnt RR, ISOIAF and WIP

• Like 1

>implying the asoiaf map is good.

Ping, posting to keep Diplo alive. Anyhow, how goes your project? The WC3 community for ASOIAF is still going strong with 10 regulars playing in one game last week, and other regulars in WitP and other maps. With the new WC3 patch coming soon, are you going to incorporate more factions? For example, Krackles, despite his shithole of a GoT map, had triggers for a Karstark path and an entirely seperate Frey player. Ollenna Tyrell, Arrianne Martell, and even Arya Stark can now be represented if you'd think about a freelancer role. Such can be presented via players 13-16 having a wisp be able to "buy" a path in the tavern which would sell said freelancers, exactly like the FMA map or Rise of China maps.

• Like 1

/cast Resurrection

My first project, Medieval Realms is nearly ready for an alpha release.

I just re-implemented unlimited elevation from newgen WE using some Misc Data from warhaven.com

Now I can freely finish the grand castles of Westeros and Essos with proper terrain elevation!  New pictures and models soon!!!

EDIT:  With all the new player slots, which factions would you like to see that weren't in 2happy4u's aSoIaF ?

Edited by UmbraUnda
  • Like 1

What do you all think about 15 players for starting factions... there could be a few more, although it would be tough to fill.

Here's my list so far. Should I add or remove any starting factions?  Any thoughts?
Winter - Snow
Free Folk - Dark Green
Night's Watch - Coal
Stark - Grey
Tully - Blue
Iron Islands - Brown
Arryn - Light Blue
Lannister - Yellow
Baratheon - Maroon
Tyrell - Green
Martell - Orange
Free CIties - Purple