Sign in to follow this  
Hawkr

Game of Thrones Season 7 Discussion [Spoilers]

So apparently it's supposed to be a full white walker dragon? Because blue eyes?

Also would love a "Bran's using Westeros' ravens as an IM system" to explain some plot contrivances away but the that's asking for too much

So apparently it's supposed to be a full white walker dragon? Because blue eyes?

Also would love a "Bran's using Westeros' ravens as an IM system" to explain some plot contrivances away but the that's asking for too much

Wights have blue eyes too

I mean, all art should be open for criticism obviously, not doing that is just disgusting.

One way you could make the scene with the whitewalkers better is instead of having a raven going the speed of sound (also it was one day max, more towards 14 hours or so) have Bran see through a raven, hawk some kind of animal and how he needs help (like how he saw the Night King in the previous episode). Then he sends some kind of vision to Danny whether in a dream or has an epiphany which shows Jon in danger. Which through the mark what the Knight King gave him in season 6 (which everyone has completely forgot about) see what Brans doing/done and instead waits for the dragons to come so he can have a chance at killing and raising one.

By making these changes you :

Make Bran more useful and a major character. Since he has gone back to Winterfel he has turned into a secondary character, all he has done is piss off Mira, say chaos is a ladder to LF and said how sexy Sansa was when she got raped.

Gets rid of the raven travelling so fast plot hole, it would make much more sense if a dragon flew all that distance. As well as that it stops Gendry from having to run to the wall, just make him trapped like the rest of them.

Why Tyrion doesn't want Danny to go because these could be fake, illusions, losing it after what she has been through etc..

How instead of throwing spears at the stranded people the Knight King waits patiently for the Dragons to come so he might be able to get one as a pet (We also see that the WW can survive, walk, float and to some extent swim in water so it gets ride of that plot hole as well).

I just came up with this in like 20 minutes and in my opinion this would greatly improve the scene in a lot of ways. This wouldn't solve all the issues with the scene but it would be a good start and if any of you guys could add to it and make it better than feel free to.

--- More rambling about GoT being bad any why ahead ---

GoT is the most popular T.V series currently with one of the highest budgets yet they are struggling doing 7 episodes, what I put I came up in 20 or so minutes and (IMO) would have been better than what we saw, everything is so rushed and it has lost the touch, polish and energy it once had. I don't care if it hurts poor o'l Jimmy's feelings cos he is an edgy teenage who loves seeing blood and gore and battles blablabla if I wanted to see that I would go on the random board of 4chan. It has never been about that (for the most part) it has been about the story, history, characters and their motives, realism mixed with fantasy. They set the bar at a level and this season (to some extent last season) they pretend the bar isn't there. You don't just fucking do that or this happens.

Harry Potter for example thas time travel, in that universe they have a fixed timeline so no matter what you do in the past you can't change the future. If I go back to stop my brother from dying I won't be able to, then they throw this all out of the fucking window with book 8 where they just change the time travel from fixed to alternate. You can't just fucking do that and the same applies to GoT. You don't just have this bar where logic and common sense and that there is reason for everything to then time traveling fucking ravens and boats. It saps the life from the series because it becomes every other fantasy show. If you just watch season 7 of GoT it would be painfully average where if you watch season 1, 2, 3 it would be really good. Anyway off track a bit.

I think there is something larger going on here, GoT doesn't turn bad this fast so. Whether it is HBO calling the shots and the GoT team just has to deal with it or the GoT team is useless without George RR Martin giving information they need to get there shit together for next season because in the future where we all look back on GoT we're just gonna be disappointed to see how far it has fallen from grace.

• Like 1

[ATTACH=full]6686[/ATTACH]

Done no fact checking on this just saw it on imgur

That's if raven nor dany stop to eat or rest which is pretty much impossible especially for dany. But yeah the time checks out.

It vaguely adds up but I'd argue that a dragon can fly even faster given the size of their wings, despite their enormous mass. But I am no expert so don't quote me on this.

It vaguely adds up but I'd argue that a dragon can fly even faster given the size of their wings, despite their enormous mass. But I am no expert so don't quote me on this.

Probably but they can't when they have a rider on their back unless they don't mind if the rider dies by falling off freezing over and a billion other things that could happen when you fly really fast on that high altitude that fast speed outside.

Probably but they can't when they have a rider on their back unless they don't mind if the rider dies by falling off freezing over and a billion other things that could happen when you fly really fast on that high altitude that fast speed outside.

How do you think early biplane flight worked?

How do you think early biplane flight worked?

084.png

You do know how a biplane looks right?

You're in a seat, surrounded by 5 out of 6 sides, only way out is up so falling out is kind of hard while Dany is literally holding on Drogon a little bit faster wind and she's gone...

EDIT: Like fuckin' JORAH almost fell off when they tried to move a bit faster, remember that scene? ._.

084.png

You do know how a biplane looks right?

You're in a seat, surrounded by 5 out of 6 sides, only way out is up so falling out is kind of hard while Dany is literally holding on Drogon a little bit faster wind and she's gone...

Talking about freezing to death ya reprobate, although the dragon is putting effort in to make sure she doesn't fall.

Biplanes flew at upwards of triple the speed of the dragons and nobody froze to death.

[ATTACH=full]6686[/ATTACH]

Done no fact checking on this just saw it on imgur

Im sure something that big can fly way faster than 90 km/h. But still i didn't get the sense that they spend days on that ice. And who can really know the temperature?

Talking about freezing to death ya reprobate, although the dragon is putting effort in to make sure she doesn't fall.

Biplanes flew at upwards of triple the speed of the dragons and nobody froze to death.

Well, the pilots didn't wear fancy dresses.

You all seem to forget what is inside a dragon which is fire. Which means Dany is flying on a living seat warmer. She can survive any cold, at any height, even in a fancy white dress.

To me it just sucks that they have outpaced the source material. I haven't read the books but I've read quite a bit online about the differences. I feel GRRM probably would have finished Winds of Winter by now if he wasn't getting all the attention/hype from the show.

Two minor things I would have done (Since the show is now fan fiction why not add my own) that feel a little more GRRM-ish was when Jamie poured that in Oleena and she confessed he should have said...'That was water'. Showing he anticipated some sort of confession or something along those lines, then maybe stabbed her or threw her off the balcony or offered her the real posion. The other idea was Bran should have worged into Viserion and heads north as soon as Jon was trapped. Daenerys, not knowing wtf was going on flies after with Drogon and Rhaegal. Bran leads them to Jon (cuts out the Gendry and Raven nonsense) and gets gg'd in Viserion, cause the Night's King knew he was coming.

• Like 1

You all seem to forget what is inside a dragon which is fire. Which means Dany is flying on a living seat warmer. She can survive any cold, at any height, even in a fancy white dress.

So what you are saying is that Danny is in a constant state of swamp ass?

Two minor things I would have done (Since the show is now fan fiction why not add my own) that feel a little more GRRM-ish was when Jamie poured that in Oleena and she confessed he should have said...'That was water'. Showing he anticipated some sort of confession or something along those lines, then maybe stabbed her or threw her off the balcony or offered her the real posion.
That's more something Little Finger would do since he is great at fucking people, as he said so himself. Killed by poison especially for her is a very ironic death: throwing her of the balcony or killing her with a sword wouldn't have been dramatic enough. Although... throwing her of the balcony would seem like Dumbledore all over again.

The Jaime scene was essential to show that despite his fuck everybody else but my sister attitude he is still the guy who completed his journey of redemption and is still a decent human being. Even when confronted with the killer of his son, he simply grimaced and moved on. It's meant to parallel cersei with the sand daughter.

One way you could make the scene with the whitewalkers better is instead of having a raven going the speed of sound (also it was one day max, more towards 14 hours or so) have Bran see through a raven, hawk some kind of animal and how he needs help (like how he saw the Night King in the previous episode). Then he sends some kind of vision to Danny whether in a dream or has an epiphany which shows Jon in danger. Which through the mark what the Knight King gave him in season 6 (which everyone has completely forgot about) see what Brans doing/done and instead waits for the dragons to come so he can have a chance at killing and raising one.

I just came up with this in like 20 minutes and in my opinion this would greatly improve the scene in a lot of ways. This wouldn't solve all the issues with the scene but it would be a good start and if any of you guys could add to it and make it better than feel free to.

Tl;dr: what Blackout said about Bran but instead it's my idea

• Like 1

Tbh the last episode just felt like a game of wc3 got 2 hours in.

Let's gather every named character north of the wall to fight winter11!1111!

• Like 1

IND4 jon is arthas

what are you doing my jon

succeeding you my queen

*teleports behind dany nothing personal kid*

Ikr, episode reminded me of impossible bosses xD