Sign in to follow this  
CNiper

Patreon - Support Diplo!

oh look a more flashier donate button

i ain t failing for that again you bourgeoise capitalist dogs!

We should all aspire to be as selfless as Pona, the humble Lithuanian capitalist furniture salesman.

• Like 1

We should all aspire to be as selfless as Pona, the humble Lithuanian capitalist furniture salesman.

thats right

in my mind i don t sell furniture

I GIVE it to the people for FREE

thats right

in my mind i don t sell furniture

I GIVE it to the people for FREE

In your mind you are communist. But in reality you are imperialist lap-dog with nationalist tendencies.

The custom ratings like noodle, and heresy, yeah.

Why? It just makes more work for behind the scenes to do that, while also ruining what exists as a sort of reward for notable community members.

To be fair its not that much work for us to make these custom ratings for people, we wanted to reward donators with something cool and customized.

[quote name='Ser_Fergus']Why? It just makes more work for behind the scenes to do that, while also ruining what exists as a sort of reward for notable community members.[/QUOTE] This is a hard decision nobody wants to make, but for me, it comes down to fairness. A few token members have had ratings to enjoy for a number of years. I understand that they've grown attached to this exclusive and preferential treatment. But we want to give something special to our most generous patrons by allowing them to leave their mark on the site. For those patrons who want to support Diplo with the custom rating in mind, it simply isn't fair that others keep theirs for free. @CNiper has mentioned that we could delay the removal of ratings for a later time, but they would slowly become a DiploGuard exclusive feature (I was also thinking a tournament winning prize, but we havent had that conversation yet). In short, either everyone should have access for free, or everyone should have to pay for them. In the spirit of fairness and doing the most good towards supporting Diplo, we went with the latter option. I understand it sucks for Pona and Nodle but it isn't fair to those who are willing to support Diplo that they keep their ratings. I have mentioned on the game giveaway stream that I will be losing my "Our Creator" tag as part of this shift. That being said I have donated to the patreon DiploGuard tier and I'm open to giving up my rating so Pona or Nodle can keep theirs. And we'll be discussing it further throughout the coming days and weeks with more input. The last thing we want to do is do something unpopular, but growing pains are to be expected.

$$ PLEDGED $$

And with Mace's generous pledge, we are now in the black when it comes to Diplo's operating costs! Thank you to all who have contributed thus far. Now that the cost of basic necessities are met, all other pledges will go towards gaming events, giveaways, tournaments and other Diplo expansion ideas.

• Like 1

I mean I get the site's gotta be funded, but removing features because now you can get perks for donating is like removing existing content from a game and making it DLC.

"Oh hey guys, the Humans race is now a paid DLC for wc3 because we need to fund the battle.net service"

you can take away my heresy rating

you can take away my liberties and freedom of speech

you can put me in the deepest hole you can find

you can put a bullet in my brain

BUT DON T YOU DARE TAKE NOODLES FROM NOODLES

IL RISE FROM THE GROUND IF I HAVE TO SAVE THE NOODLES

you can take away my heresy rating

you can take away my liberties and freedom of speech

you can put me in the deepest hole you can find

you can put a bullet in my brain

BUT DON T YOU DARE TAKE NOODLES FROM NOODLES

IL RISE FROM THE GROUND IF I HAVE TO SAVE THE NOODLES

Go back to your bodka. Nothing to see here.

I mean I get the site's gotta be funded, but removing features because now you can get perks for donating is like removing existing content from a game and making it DLC.

"Oh hey guys, the Humans race is now a paid DLC for wc3 because we need to fund the battle.net service"

That's a false equivalence

I see you are in favor of inequality and preferential treatment for a small minority of people to have Dlc for free while everyone else has to pay. How is this fair?

Maybe maintaining the current system would be better, where only 4 people had custom ratings and nobody else. Why are you so supportive of this exclusivity for only a few members? Shouldn't admins make sure everyone has a fair shake to leave their mark on Diplo' and not just a privileged few?

That's the way I'm looking at this issue.

I see you are in favor of inequality and preferential treatment for a small minority of people to have Dlc for free while everyone else has to pay. How is this fair?

Maybe maintaining the current system would be better, where only 4 people had custom ratings and nobody else. Why are you so supportive of this exclusivity for only a few members? Shouldn't admins make sure everyone has a fair shake to leave their mark on Diplo' and not just a privileged few?

I'm so proud that you've finally seen the light ABDeL. Here's your complimentary wombat.

7705bea9f596b89bd3e4a5a087b6f66d.jpg

• Like 2

Wasn't my best comparison, but. People who have custom ratings at the moment 'earned' them in a way through being involved in the community consistently and for a long time. Should still be able to get one through paetron, but shouldn't remove the hallmark ones from 'pillar' community members, either.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this