Sign in to follow this  
Abdel

Dan Carlin

"don't worry, the planet will be fine. It the people that are fucked." memorable quotr

Studying history is important because we still debate ideas that have been tested in the past.

The golden rule is trash. We all treat ourselves differently.

I voted for Trump and I’m very satisfied with what he is doing.

I like how they talked about how things have changed in media since the 70s.

I love this guy. Big fan of his common sense and hardcore history podcasts, even if I don't always agree with him, he provides compelling arguments.

• Like 1

I too adore his history podcasts. Love that he attempts to convey the human elements and how the experience was for those who were there, on the battlefield, rather than focusing too much on the tactical and strategical moves.

Prophets of Doom is an absolutely fantastic episode.

Basically everything from hardcore history is top class. I've listened to every one of them more than once.

• Like 2

Started listening to his hardcore history episodes on ww1 today. Really enjoyable.

If you really like the podcast, you should pick up "The Guns of August" by Barbara Tuchmann, which he references a lot. Its the book that gave me my wc3 screen-name, Breslau, named after a ship that the Germans gifted to the Ottomans on the eve of World War 1.

Great war book on the Great War.

If you really like the podcast, you should pick up "The Guns of August" by Barbara Tuchmann, which he references a lot. Its the book that gave me my wc3 screen-name, Breslau, named after a ship that the Germans gifted to the Ottomans on the eve of World War 1.

Great war book on the Great War.

He's got some great stuff on the Persians too.

Just delved into Hardcore History, started with the Prophets of Doom, which was intense and crazy for a story. Proceeded onto the King of Kings, 1,2 and 3. The American Peril and now onto WW1 and WW2. Extremely good insofar but sometimes I feel he elaborates too far but that's his general style.

Just delved into Hardcore History, started with the Prophets of Doom, which was intense and crazy for a story. Proceeded onto the King of Kings, 1,2 and 3. The American Peril and now onto WW1 and WW2. Extremely good insofar but sometimes I feel he elaborates too far but that's his general style.

american peril was great. really liked the term he used for america, thought it was very accurate. Schizophrenic giant or something like that. idealism vs national security interests. cant have both.

Sign in to follow this