Sign in to follow this  
nodle

The too many genders thread/discussion

It's more that I've yet to see scientific evidence of any sort of "racial dysphoria" and as such don't see "transracial" as a legitimate argument. At best I could see it being a form of Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) in which the individual finds their "racial" features unsettling, but even that sounds flimsy.

I understand that its flimsy and I'm not arguing from a basis of "THIS IS 100% FACT". Its a theory that I've been playing with in my head which is why I refrained from posting in this thread sooner. But I think it is a trend that will develop as the left's walkback of identity politics due to societal backlash by instead of arguing that only identity matters, they will 'reverse-argue' that only character matters by deconstructing their social construct of racial identity by arguing that people can be the race they identify with, and not the ethnicity of their biology or ethnicity.

So, for example, instead of telling blacks that only individual character matters as a conservative would argue, Progressives will move towards telling blacks that they can identify as the race they feel and not the ethnicity of their biology. Its the long way home but I have faith that progressives will get there one day.

The example you referenced is 50-50. A transgender identical twin is 67% less likely to have their twin be transgender as well. Isn't the 67% chance more significant? And these are the odds if the egg splits. If two different eggs, the chances are 2%. I might change my mind with more evidence but one study and a 33% chance is hardly conclusive proof.

That's not correct. They're not "67% less likely" to have their twin be transgender, you're missing the point. If we take the proportion of transgender people in the population at your given 0.5% the probability of any two randomly selected individuals both being transgender is 0.0025%. Compare this to a full third of second twins (identical, male) also being transgender and it becomes a very significant number, the most significant number is not the biggest. It definitely supports the idea of a combined genetic and biological origin, which is borne out through prenatal and subsequent development. I realise you haven't read the study but please don't misinterpret the data as given if you don't understand it. That study concluded that the subjects' transgenderism was much more influenced by their genetics than their rearing.

• Like 1

Look, here's the deal: there's no problem about Rachel being into black culture. Hell, in a perfect society, we wouldn't even react to a white person doing "black stuff" or vice versa. I also have no doubt that people of all colours appreciate her passion for civil rights. The reason people react here is that would look silly if an organization which exists to counteract the lack of black representation in society is not itself represented by a black person. Similarly, you could argue that a non-transitioned trans woman (e.g. biological male) would perhaps be a strange choice to lead an organization promoting female representation - but so would a cis-woman who had lived her entire life without being the subject of discrimination, even though that doesn't mean she's not a real woman. Are men welcomed in the feminist movement? Of course! Just like white people are welcomed in the civil rights movement.

Also keep in mind that Europeans discriminated against each other for decades, with disdain given to the Irish, Italians and Germans to a lesser extent. It may be an argument for transgender acceptance and against the categorization of 70+ genders, that the existence of different ethnicities stopped mattering when we started identifying various European ethnicities as "White".

Again, i'm not sure what your point is here, but yes - it would be wonderful if we could put less focus on "how black people behave" or "how men behave" and more about what's the decent thing to do as humans. The label "transgender" only exists because some people DO have issues with them and we need to have a way of referencing people of different gender identities when discussing this topic.

instead of telling blacks that only individual character matters as a conservative would argue

I understand that the political landscape in the US is very different, but this concept has nothing to do with conservatism and if anything is a humanistic idea.

• Like 1

That's not correct. They're not "67% less likely" to have their twin be transgender, you're missing the point. If we take the proportion of transgender people in the population at your given 0.5% the probability of any two randomly selected individuals both being transgender is 0.0025%. Compare this to a full third of second twins (identical, male) also being transgender and it becomes a very significant number, the most significant number is not the biggest. It definitely supports the idea of a combined genetic and biological origin, which is borne out through prenatal and subsequent development. I realise you haven't read the study but please don't misinterpret the data as given if you don't understand it. That study concluded that the subjects' transgenderism was much more influenced by their genetics than their rearing.

Then share the study, I haven't been able to find it apart from a blurb in wikipedia.

Also keep in mind that Europeans discriminated against each other for decades, with disdain given to the Irish, Italians and Germans to a lesser extent.

Well that's just smart politics. As soon as we stopped discriminating against the Germans, those fuckers went and started two world wars.

EDIT: I just realized that this could apply to transgenders too. If a transgender wearing a funny helmet or a small moustache begins goose-stepping, I'm reaching for my T-34.

Well that's just smart politics. As soon as we stopped discriminating against the Germans, those fuckers went and started two world wars.

EDIT: I just realized that this could apply to transgenders too. If a transgender wearing a funny helmet or a small moustache begins goose-stepping, I'm reaching for my T-34.

You're teetering on the edge where your shitposts are just being regarded as posts. As in calling them shitposts would be redundant.

You're teetering on the edge where your shitposts are just being regarded as posts. As in calling them shitposts would be redundant.

I'm confused. Is it that you're saying my shitposts are no longer shitposts but regular posts? Or is it that I no longer have enough regular posts to bother specifying that I'm shiposting?

I think I've gone cross-eyed.

Its fucking disgusting shows like this, that put a bad name to transgenders and cause much criticism as well as spread this shit to normies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUdFIfCMH5Y

I think you don't understand how popculture TV works. If I'd post every single TV show outthere that uses similar scripts, strategies and has a certain has the same audience as this one, I'd have more posts than Feanor. Yea, these kind of shows are despicable but so so many with similar format are.

It's literally just a drama show but with drag queens...

Who are a whole different issue

They constantly refer to each other as a he, then a she or both in one sentence. Like they are assuming both genders but I have no idea what they are or how they have represented themselves.

Why can't we go back to the days when people were stoned for being gay and God drowned the earth for forty days? It was obviously the best of times. God saw the problem of all this political correctness and so purged the diverse DNA of people and forced Noah's family to create incest babies.

Why can't we go back to the days when people were stoned for being gay

Because you'd also get stoned?

• Like 1

Why can't we go back to the days when people were stoned for being gay and God drowned the earth for forty days? It was obviously the best of times. God saw the problem of all this political correctness and so purged the diverse DNA of people and forced Noah's family to create incest babies.

If we could find a nice intermediate between those times and now, that would be great.

Because you'd also get stoned?

Some Jews gotta make a sacrifice.

If we could find a nice intermediate between those times and now, that would be great.

Ah WW2, got you. I'll just jump in my time machine and put us back there.

Some Jews gotta make a sacrifice.

Ah WW2, got you. I'll just jump in my time machine and put us back there.

That's not really intermediate between now and biblical times. I'd say the Roman Empire in the time of Scipio Africanus would be more like it.

• Like 1

Whoa whoa whoa, guys, hold up.

You know what group encouraged viewing races as equal? The fucking Forces of Sauron.

You know what group encouraged race politics and tribalism? The mother fuckin Fellowship of the Ring.

Y'all better check your privileges. You might actually be part of Sauron's horde otherwise.

Check and mate, religion.

If Sauron promoted viewing races as equals, why did he promote the enslavement of non-Orc peoples?

Reparations.

Sign in to follow this