Sign in to follow this  
nodle

The too many genders thread/discussion

I don't even see the point in asking people to say the right pronoun. People always take you less seriously and it's like half as rewarding if you have to ask. (Increasingly don't even have to ask)

Just my opinion.

I don't even see the point in asking people to say the right pronoun. People always take you less seriously and it's like half as rewarding if you have to ask. (Increasingly don't even have to ask)

Just my opinion.

I'm talking about someone who insists on deliberately using the wrong gender for political reasons despite how you present. I think that's dumb.

I'm talking about someone who insists on deliberately using the wrong gender for political reasons despite how you present. I think that's dumb.

What about someone who doesn't care? Like if they ask me politely to use a different one, then sure. But if they blow up in my face because I didn't assume some outlanding pronoun on sight, then I'd probably keep using the wrong one just to piss them off.

So basically if someone want himself to be one of these 1000 gender based on different social and cultural thing do i have to refer to him with he or she ? Or wil we have have to to create a thousand words too?

I like simple. More than likely, the pronouns will stay very basic, he/she him/her etc for male/female genders with a new set for transgender. I imagine that the simplest way would be anyone who's transgender all get the same pronoun. You feel like a he on Mondays and a she on Tuesdays, congrats you're transgender here's your new pronoun. You decide your an apache attack helicopter, congrats your transgender here's your new pronouns. You're an otherkin who dreams about fucking foxes, still gonna simply call you transgender and be done with it. Nobody got time for 1000 different pronoun types.

I like simple. More than likely, the pronouns will stay very basic, he/she him/her etc for male/female genders with a new set for transgender. I imagine that the simplest way would be anyone who's transgender all get the same pronoun. You feel like a he on Mondays and a she on Tuesdays, congrats you're transgender here's your new pronoun. You decide your an apache attack helicopter, congrats your transgender here's your new pronouns. You're an otherkin who dreams about fucking foxes, still gonna simply call you transgender and be done with it. Nobody got time for 1000 different pronoun types.

Well generally if someone is transgender they want the he/she pronouns of the gender they're transitioning to, there are some people who identify as genderfluid or genderqueer or whatever and this is a much different sort of thing that can change I guess depending on the feelings of the person.

If only this discussion was more about science and less about feelings, i might feel like trying to understand it. Otherwise it's just a waste of time.

If only this discussion was more about science and less about feelings, i might feel like trying to understand it. Otherwise it's just a waste of time.

I feel like this is a misleading statement. I've read enough of your posts to know that you're not exactly a scientist.

You decide your an apache attack helicopter

That's not a gender buddy. That's just evil capitalism. Mi-24 is a gender.

I don't get why some people are antagonistic enough to insist on referring to someone as a "he" when they present as a woman and want to be treated as such.

But they forced political correctness on us! Now with Trump we don't have to be political correct anymore.

What about someone who doesn't care? Like if they ask me politely to use a different one, then sure. But if they blow up in my face because I didn't assume some outlanding pronoun on sight, then I'd probably keep using the wrong one just to piss them off.

I am curious, did that ever happen to anyone on Diplo? Like someone being an asshole about the whole pronoun thing? Personally I only met one person and it was known she likes to be refered as a female.

The gender question is an interesting one. While I don't dismay of people who switch or think they are something in between for issues of freedom, it certainty shouldn't be done to children and propagated on a macro scale because it can become very dangerous. It should be treated like cigarettes are as far as marketing is concerned. All advertisements promoting or showing it as the primary centric piece of the advertisement should never make it on air. Beyond that, who gives two shits. People are free. Let them think they are Zers, Fairies, and cats with human bodies. I'm not gonna not say that they are indeed weak willed people, but attempting to control something like this will just allow the problem to manifest itself somewhere else within their psyche, for better or worse.

"Everybody has rights and freedoms... but think about the children!"

• Like 1

there is no neutral or genderless pronoun in lithuanian

checkmate transgenders

also nigeris is a totally accurate and legitimate naming of black people that goes back way before slavery even existed

checkmate black people

and if any of you think we are ever going to change our language

we ain t

thats why lithuanian is oldest dialect in the world

checkmate linguists

your all ancestors were speaking lithuanian

suck on that

I feel like this is a misleading statement. I've read enough of your posts to know that you're not exactly a scientist.

Never claimed to be.

But i feel like a scientific perspective on this is more relevant than your feelings Feanor.

• Like 1

Well generally if someone is transgender they want the he/she pronouns of the gender they're transitioning to, there are some people who identify as genderfluid or genderqueer or whatever and this is a much different sort of thing that can change I guess depending on the feelings of the person.

I do get that, but unless we give these people bright visual clues as to what they're feeling that particularly day, I don't have the time to sit there and try and guess. And as much as giving all the Jews bright yellow stars to wear was a brilliant idea, something tells me these people aren't going to be interested in the same thing.

I am curious, did that ever happen to anyone on Diplo? Like someone being an asshole about the whole pronoun thing? Personally I only met one person and it was known she likes to be refered as a female.

I've never met anyone who was into this nonsense. So....

Never claimed to be.

But i feel like a scientific perspective on this is more relevant than your feelings Feanor.

My feelings say, burn everything with Mi-24 gunship. Pretty sure gunship burning trumps scientific perspective. Mostly by roasting said scientist with incendiary munitions.

What science has to say about the topic has already been said. There's two biological sexes - XX and XY - with some chromosome disorders. Gender is whatever we as a society say it is.

What science has to say about the topic has already been said. There's two biological sexes - XX and XY - with some chromosome disorders. Gender is whatever we as a society say it is.

Lol gotta love how SJWs and feminazis can high jack words and change their meaning. Gender and sex are words for the exact same thing.

In Danish there is only one word, Køn.

Lol gotta love how SJWs and feminazis can high jack words and change their meaning. Gender and sex are words for the exact same thing.

In Danish there is only one word, Køn.

English is the international language of science, so the linguistics of Danish aren't particularly relevant. As Phalanx said this has been a distinction for a long while, not that that should matter anyways in the realm of science. If you want to classify it as the same thing, you have the capacity to do so, but your view won't be in line with science.

I'm just waiting for Steak to chime in now and say he was just kidding.

Relevant picture:

db0.jpg

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this