Sign in to follow this  
Feanor

Gluhwein

A most excellent winter beverage that seems to be scarce in California (probably due to the lack of winter). Can anyone recommend good places to get it and good quality ones to buy? If you don't know what this is....

http://www.germany.info/Vertretung/usa/en/__pr/GIC/TWIG__WoW/2012/47-Gl_C3_BChwein.html

Slap yourself. And then drink some.

A good place to get this? Probably Germany.

In seriousness though, I might look around for German pubs in town, they might serve you it, Or at least know what it is.

Make it yourself. It's very easy and a great drink for in the winter. There's also a lot of varieties out there, since most European countries have their own set of ingredients that are used.

Make it yourself. It's very easy and a great drink for in the winter. There's also a lot of varieties out there, since most European countries have their own set of ingredients that are used.

After a 13 hour shift, and a decent length commute, I don't want to make anything. Heating something up is about the extent of motivation I have for alcohol. I was hoping for traditional German, that I could just heat up.

That's understandable.

I would encourage you to try it once, though. If you have the ingredients it take about 30 minutes to prepare it and homemade gluhwein trumps all others.

Don't forget to add a bit of brandy to it, some recipes forgo it and that's an absolute shame.

I'll try on a weekend. Thanks.

I completely agree with Thurr. You'll probably only get an oversugared Americanized version of it if you don't want to buy some imported stuff.

wtf people.

I want to buy imported German Gluhwein. Where can I get some?

you call yourself a russian bear but can t make samagon ?

what kind of heresy is that

Of course I can. But that's not what this thread is about.