Sign in to follow this  
Inferous

Home Brew

Just got this box of grain and hops in the mail.

sVi3B9U.jpg

In about six weeks time it will be transformed into a (hopefully) nice little pale ale with the up front citrus notes of copious amarillo hops and a slight hint of cinnamon. It should also have a fairly biscuity mouthfeel from the dark munich and caraamber malt in the bill. I tweaked a recipe so I'm not really certain how it will taste.

I've been doing this for many years now, so if you have any questions about home brewing, how to start or what my set up is, go ahead.

• Like 1

Last fall me and Cat made apple cider from our crab apples in our back yard. It took about a month, and we used some 11% yeast. It turned out surprisingly not sour, and had a dark mellow apple tone, like a red apple. Would you know why?

Last fall me and Cat made apple cider from our crab apples in our back yard. It took about a month, and we used some 11% yeast. It turned out surprisingly not sour, and had a dark mellow apple tone, like a red apple. Would you know why?

Depends on what else you put in it, but if you didn't add a lot of extra sugar you probably won't get that green apple-like sour flavour because you fermented it for a while with a high tolerance yeast. The yeast eats all the sugars, turns it into alcohol and your cider is drier and less sour.

[quote name='Thurr']@Inferous how is this working out?[/QUOTE] Our boiler broke so we had to get that fixed, and now my friend who does it with me is super busy and doesn't have the day to spare to brew, but hopefully soon!