Sign in to follow this  
CNiper

CNIPER BUILDS A COMPUTER TO HELP CAST DIPLO GAMES

Really, it should be @Ser_Fergus since he inherited that clear golden voice, but until then it'l be me. Wonder if anyone has some sage advice for me. I'll be looking at [URL]https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc[/URL] thanks to Phal. Looking to spend around 900$ on something not top of the line, but that can at least play Medieval & Rome II...and maybe Star Citizen on [SIZE=2]low graphics... Also, feel free to donate to my PC cause.[/SIZE]
  • Like 2

Alright, I'm willing to help out a little with part picking, but you define specifically what you need as in are you also going to need a headset, a keyboard, a mouse, a moniter(s)? Is this $900 Canadian or American?

Alright, I'm willing to help out a little with part picking, but you define specifically what you need as in are you also going to need a headset, a keyboard, a mouse, a moniter(s)? Is this $900 Canadian or American?

Or *shudder* Australian?!

Jokes aside - are we talking about replacing specific parts of your PC or building one from complete scratch? If so, do you have any preference for the manufacturers for example? What's the range of games you want it to run (release years can work), any peripheries/margines you're in need of?

Avoid MSI. Mother fuckers. My RAM slots died last week, and my warranty expired 2 weeks ago. Denied my RMA request. Fucking little shithead cunts.

Avoid MSI. Mother fuckers. My RAM slots died last week, and my warranty expired 2 weeks ago. Denied my RMA request. Fucking little shithead cunts.

Depends. MSI Poland has one of the best hardware available here and their support is top notch. Not to mention that you can get some really insane sales because of their aggressive advertising here. Made a friend in MSI, I have something like 60% off for a gaming notebook from them.

My friend's laptop died 2 weeks after the warranty and they gave him a new one + repaired the old one. They're the best of the best here. I suppose the US support is just worse?

If you're spending 900 you better be able to play warhammer on ultra graphics with 60fps

That means nothing lower than GTX970 for a regular PC or a GTX980 for notebooks.

If you're spending 900 you better be able to play warhammer on ultra graphics with 60fps

Not if its 900CAD. Then its more like 600USD.

That means nothing lower than GTX970 for a regular PC or a GTX980 for notebooks.

"PC 60fps+ Specifications:

[Expected 60 FPS+ on campaign map and in a 1v1, 20 units vs 20 units battle, default graphics preset set to “Ultra”]

• Operating System: Windows 7/8.1/10 64Bit
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K 4.0 GHz
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • Hard Drive: 35 GB
  • Video Card: (DirectX 11) AMD Fury X or Nvidia GTX 980 @1080P"

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Specs

Unfortunately, noooppe.

edit: Well, I just realized how fucking cheap GTX 980 became since the 1070 release. Hate myself that I bought a 970's for almost the same price.

Good GPU (970 will do)

Good CPU ( i7 6700k/4770k are best for price)

Ram (12gb is enough)

HDD (1tb 7200 rpm)

SSD (even 128gb will do wonders for ur loading time)

Motherboard( one that allows SLI, overclock, and that is recommended for future proof as well)

Good air fans or liquid coolers.

Good case.

Warhammer slugs to 30fps even for gtx 1080, so no way ur gonna 60fps but ull ultra 40fps-50 for sure, but on rly large battle ull slug as well.

A directx 12 should come soon to warhammer and it should help performance in warhammer especially for high end gpus (970/1070 980/1080)

A good mic is a hefty addition to that, but totally worth it if ya want to cast. I'll be getting mine in sept, and then we can dual up fo' the castin.

• Like 1

Good GPU (970 will do)

Good CPU ( i7 6700k/4770k are best for price)

Ram (12gb is enough)

HDD (1tb 7200 rpm)

SSD (even 128gb will do wonders for ur loading time)

Motherboard( one that allows SLI, overclock, and that is recommended for future proof as well)

Good air fans or liquid coolers.

Good case.

$900?

You kidding bro?

SONS OF WHORES STOP RECOMMENDING NVIDIA

they are biggest dirt bag motherfuckers

and their nvidia control panel shits lego fetuses compared to AMD catalyst control

not to mention you literally need to update your drivers every fucking new game that comes out or worse wait a few weeks after it came out to get official support

meanwhile AMD i do an update like once a year tops

and finally their fucking cards overheat all the fucking time because they were not smart enough to add decent overheating protection to their cards or just greedy dicks

go R9 290x much cheaper and much better performance

well at least its supposed to be cheaper in most places of the world

[quote name='ponasozis']SONS OF WHORES STOP RECOMMENDING NVIDIA they are biggest dirt bag motherfuckers and their nvidia control panel shits lego fetuses compared to AMD catalyst control not to mention you literally need to update your drivers every fucking new game that comes out or worse wait a few weeks after it came out to get official support meanwhile AMD i do an update like once a year tops go R9 290x much cheaper and much better performance well at least its supposed to be cheaper in most places of the world[/QUOTE] I'd rather date @Enclop than use AMD. The only thing worse than suggesting an AMD to someone would be to tell them to get a Mac.

[quote name='Krotos']I'd rather date @Enclop than use AMD. The only thing worse than suggesting an AMD to someone would be to tell them to get a Mac.[/QUOTE] The funny rating I gave doesn't remotely express how much I laughed at this post.

SONS OF WHORES STOP RECOMMENDING NVIDIA

they are biggest dirt bag motherfuckers

and their nvidia control panel shits lego fetuses compared to AMD catalyst control

not to mention you literally need to update your drivers every fucking new game that comes out or worse wait a few weeks after it came out to get official support

meanwhile AMD i do an update like once a year tops

and finally their fucking cards overheat all the fucking time because they were not smart enough to add decent overheating protection to their cards or just greedy dicks

go R9 290x much cheaper and much better performance

well at least its supposed to be cheaper in most places of the world

Yea, Nvidia is cancer as a company, but it's wrong to deny the fact the last generation of GPUs by Nvidia were better. They are less noisy, have better performance as in running smoother(note: not being better in a performance aspect) and use up less energy. Same goes for Intel vs AMD CPUs, eventhough Intel is much higher ahead in CPU than Nvidia in GPU. I never had a problem with the updates and drivers to be honest and never had a problem with "official support". And it's usually their highend cards that overhead completely t.t

I like the R9 290X but it just consumes too much power. 300W vs 150W a GTX970 would consume. Doesn't matter if you have an equal product, when you are going to need a much stronger PSU and have to pay a higher energy bill. As someone who had to pay a four figure bill for energy I prefer to spend once 100€ more than spending over the next 3-4 years a lot more.

Yea, Nvidia is cancer as a company, but it's wrong to deny the fact the last generation of GPUs by Nvidia were better. They are less noisy, have better performance as in running smoother(note: not being better in a performance aspect) and use up less energy. Same goes for Intel vs AMD CPUs, eventhough Intel is much higher ahead in CPU than Nvidia in GPU. I never had a problem with the updates and drivers to be honest and never had a problem with "official support". And it's usually their highend cards that overhead completely t.t

I like the R9 290X but it just consumes too much power. 300W vs 150W a GTX970 would consume. Doesn't matter if you have an equal product, when you are going to need a much stronger PSU and have to pay a higher energy bill. As someone who had to pay a four figure bill for energy I prefer to spend once 100€ more than spending over the next 3-4 years a lot more.

i guess it depends on how costly energy is in your place

in here its cheaper then breathing so i don t care about having to buy more energy consuming GPU and on top of that power supply unit

i guess it depends on how costly energy is in your place

in here its cheaper then breathing so i don t care about having to buy more energy consuming GPU and on top of that power supply unit

Here it's expensive as fuck to be honest. And I actually wanted to get an AMD build. Unfortunately, these factors went in and the CPU's were lackluster the last few years.

Fam, its 900$ Canadian, 703$ American. I'll hopefully be getting most of my parts from Canadian suppliers, though.

I'm building it completely from scratch. I have a bluetooth headset, keyboard and mouse.

Purpose - To Game/Record/Stream

Case - Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mid Tower - 58$

CPU

Intel Core i3-6100 - 116$

GPU

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 2GB OC Edition - 198$

Motherboard

ASRock H81M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1150

Cooling

Using the one provided with the CPU - 0$

RAM

AMD R5 Entertainment 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory - 40$

SSD

Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive - 95$

Hard Drive

Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM - 61$

Power

EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX - 99$

OS

Windows 10 - 112$

(Can I get this for free some how?)

So, how does this look fam. Its going to run me about 900$ on the mark with shipping. I would still need to buy a monitor after the fact.