Sign in to follow this  
Spankfurt

ASUS Laptop keyboard problems

Hey fam. When it comes to hardware I'm kind of useless. I know how to problem-solve to an extent, but I'm looking for a little clarity or insight to a problem I've been faced with for almost a week now

I have an ASUS laptop that has been running fine since January 2013. Recently, due to travel and not being able to keep ontop of it, it forced an upgrade to windows 10 on me. As soon as I booted it up a few days later the keys for 5 , E, R, and F stopped working altogether. I tried multiple fixes, and even blew on the cartridge and restarted the N64. I downloaded the newest drives, and reverted to windows 8.1

Apart from plugging in a USB keyboard to find out the root of the problem, I was wondering if you guys had any experience with this or could give me any advice

If you can safely pull up the keys, if it's a tape board try seeing if it's folded. That's a pretty common Asus issue

Are you sure due to your journey your laptop wasn't damaged or the keys somehow got dirt inside? I've never heard of this problem, so it might be jus that.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2747067/laptop-keys-stopped-working-windows-update-asus-1225b.html

Found something here.

"Was having the same keyboard problems with the 1225B post Win10 update. I was also getting a track pad error on boot up. From Asus' support site - http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Eee_PC_1225B/HelpDesk_Dow...

-I downloaded the Win 8 x 64 track pad drivers. I uninstalled the existing ones (Synaptics pointing device), rebooted, installed the downloaded drivers, rebooted again and so far so good. No track pad errors and my keyboard is working normally (for the moment). I hope this helps.

Note ( Aug 8 2015) - The above works, however, it seems that Windows update is grabbing the newer, problematic driver via auto update and the whole cycle starts again. I've had to re-do the above about every two days to fix my wife's laptop. Anyone know how to kill Update in Win10?"

Yeah I think it might be from a bump or bruise on my journeys, which is why I want to try the USB keyboars plugin to see what happens from there

Thanks for the suggestions guys, ai'm going to try the ones potato head posted and see if they lead anywhere

Do you think that if I brought it into a repair shop and clearly explained my problem and what I wanted, that they would charge me very much? I dont want to pay a bunch for a 5 minute fix that I or a friend could do because I know how these jews are

Wouldn't trust a shop, everytime I've went I've haggled them to death and made sure my visits lasted over a hour so I get my way.

Shops are bad unless you've put in a week of your own maintenance. I didn't realize your keys don't have detachment so it's probs not a tape board. Pull keys as last resort then