Sign in to follow this  
Ser_Fergus

Mics? Hard.

After listening to the abomination that was my ts audio qualityhas had me make my mind up that I'll get a decent mic. Does diplo have experience and suggestions, thoughts or just want to buy a mic themselves?

Post yo favs.

61Lkq6BZ3bL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/wired_mics/c75c5918ed57a8d0/

[MEDIA=amazon]id=B001AS6OYC;tld=ca[/MEDIA]

This is an old favorite of mine, but has shot up in price as there seems to be a new model which comes in around 200. I have no experience with the new one, so it may be worse given the pricejump of the old model?

[MEDIA=amazon]id=B002VA464S;tld=ca[/MEDIA]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16836431029

296244d1fc8a2e0532d65f746c2ee86d-650-80.png

Another option that's a bit older but still solid, blue yeti, which clocks in at under 200. Quality on those are pretty decent from what I've heard. Fill me in yo.

EDIT: Fuckin' hell, amazon links hate me. Fixing.

I've got a Blue Yeti, it's definitely a great mic but I'm probably not using it as effectively as I could seeing as it's sitting next to the main fan of my tower. I got the Pro fairly cheap second hand on ebay and I'm using a pop filter as well, also yes your current mic is bad.

In my current mics defense, it was an old booth mic before I started working in audio (Probably near a decade old?) so it just picks up everything in a room. It's pretty dece if you level it for music, but obviously I don't do that sorta thing.

In my current mics defense, it was an old booth mic before I started working in audio (Probably near a decade old?) so it just picks up everything in a room. It's pretty dece if you level it for music, but obviously I don't do that sorta thing.

Your mic audio is coming across fine, the problem is with me I believe. I'm using my built in laptop mic (gasp) even though I have a bluetooth. Next time I record I'll use it so we don't get feedback.

Your mic audio is coming across fine, the problem is with me I believe. I'm using my built in laptop mic (gasp) even though I have a bluetooth. Next time I record I'll use it so we don't get feedback.

I've had problems a few times now. When I use autodetect speech it pretty much just records everything, and if I dull the mic sensitivity I sound like I'm whispering through oatmeal. And the aforementioned picking up my computers sounds as well.

Sign in to follow this