Sign in to follow this  
Thurr

Californian Wine

Diplo, I need your help.

I've encountered a very persuasive discount on a few Californian wines. Since I normally do not buy American wines and I have to buy them in batches of six I thought it was a great idea to ask our Diplo sommeliers to help me out.

The quality of the wines is probably not that great, but considering the price it would be a waste not to get some.

These are my options:

• Cedar Wood, Zinfandel, 2014
  • Cedar Wood, Ruby Cabernet, 2014
  • Cedar Wood, Chardonnay, 2014
  • Sequoia Mountain, Ruby Cabernet, 2014
  • Sequoia Mountain, Zinfandel, 2014
  • Peter Flemming Estates, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2013
  • Peter Flemming Estates, Zinfandel, 2013

Let me know!

• Like 2

I'm no wine expert by any means, but judging from the reviews you should avoid Cedar Wood unless below-average is your thing.

I'm no wine expert by any means, but judging from the reviews you should avoid Cedar Wood unless below-average is your thing.

I don't except any of them to be of outstanding quality. They are not meant to end up on the dinner table/served to guests.

More to be consumed as mid-week glasses of affordable wine.

I had a bottle of Peter Flemming Estates, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2013 I think last year? Got to say, for something to just drink during the day while reading or something, not actually too bad. It didn't taste like poison or anything but I wouldn't say it was anywhere near the best wine I've had. How much are you buying it for?

I had a bottle of Peter Flemming Estates, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2013 I think last year? Got to say, for something to just drink during the day while reading or something, not actually too bad. It didn't taste like poison or anything but I wouldn't say it was anywhere near the best wine I've had. How much are you buying it for?

6 euros a bottle.

6 euros a bottle.

Yeah buy that one, for 6 euros I would say it is worth the price.

Yeah buy that one, for 6 euros I would say it is worth the price.

Went for it.

Should get it somewhere this week. Will let you know what I think of them.

• Like 1

Went for it.

Should get it somewhere this week. Will let you know what I think of them.

Let the winealholism begin

Quick question, how are you getting these so cheap? PFE runs around 11-17$ at our local liquor store. BC is pretty close to california when compared to the Netherlands.

Quick question, how are you getting these so cheap? PFE runs around 11-17$ at our local liquor store. BC is pretty close to california when compared to the Netherlands.

Alcohol tax lower than in Canada? Different import duties? Just guessing.

It's a pity there was no Shiraz in there, Americans make a good Shiraz no matter where you go.

Its a webshop and I got half their price. They only buy and sell in bulk, so I assume they work with different margins.

If I'd buy it in a local store I am sure I'd have to pay much more.

<First one to recommend and doesn't receive acknowledgement.

Oh the foul Wine Snobbery that has betoken me.

• Like 1

[quote name='Thurr']@Ice the wine was quite tasty, happy I bought it. Thanks again for the advice. Bought some Australian wine this time: Clovely Estate Shiraz. I usually quite like Australian wine, so I hope this one won't let me down.[/QUOTE] ty for supporting the commonwealth

<First one to recommend and doesn't receive acknowledgement.

Oh the foul Wine Snobbery that has betoken me.

Haters gonna hate.

Diplo, I need your help.

I've encountered a very persuasive discount on a few Californian wines. Since I normally do not buy American wines and I have to buy them in batches of six I thought it was a great idea to ask our Diplo sommeliers to help me out.

The quality of the wines is probably not that great, but considering the price it would be a waste not to get some.

These are my options:

• Cedar Wood, Zinfandel, 2014
  • Cedar Wood, Ruby Cabernet, 2014
  • Cedar Wood, Chardonnay, 2014
  • Sequoia Mountain, Ruby Cabernet, 2014
  • Sequoia Mountain, Zinfandel, 2014
  • Peter Flemming Estates, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2013
  • Peter Flemming Estates, Zinfandel, 2013

Let me know!

As others have stated Flemming is okay but I'd recommend the Cab over the Zinfandel. I've had both, and I at least personally though the Cab was better.

Maharashtra number one wine region in world! !

Also st Francis Cabernet Savignon my dadsaid is good cali wine. All I know is cali is where Tupac and Hopsin are so it must have the best don perignon, Hennessey, lean are from and where the greatest american musician, Merle Haggard, was from!!! Mama tried to raise me better :Ddd

Maharashtra number one wine region in world! !

Also st Francis Cabernet Savignon my dadsaid is good cali wine. All I know is cali is where Tupac and Hopsin are so it must have the best don perignon, Hennessey, lean are from and where the greatest american musician, Merle Haggard, was from!!! Mama tried to raise me better :Ddd

No. The number one wine region is Malborough in New Zealand, Number two is the Hunter Valley in New South Wales, Number three is the Barossa Valley in South Australia.

If the french didn't run those nuke tests in the pacific back in the 60s. Y'all would still be drinking French wine to this day.

If the french didn't run those nuke tests in the pacific back in the 60s. Y'all would still be drinking French wine to this day.

Still drink French wine. It's fucking great. Wait... I am British, I cannot compliment the French... Uhhh, It's grape piss?

Still drink French wine. It's fucking great. Wait... I am British, I cannot compliment the French... Uhhh, It's grape piss?

as a fellow british person I think its acceptable to compliment france when it comes to food and drinks.

British cuisine is mehhhhhhh.

French wine is overrated. French Champagne, yes fine, but French wine is honestly overrated. and before you say anything, consider who you're arguing with here.

French wine is overrated. French Champagne, yes fine, but French wine is honestly overrated. and before you say anything, consider who you're arguing with here.

Remember Brits have horrible food, so their standard of comparison is rather low.