Sign in to follow this  
CNiper

Steam Not Connecting

Hey!

So steam has worked perfectly since I got it, however today randomly weird things started happening. It was saying people were offline when they were clearly online, in the same AoEIII game I was playing.

Finally, it booted me off AoEIII and said I lost connection to the server, I was playing it through Steam and in reality my Steam just went offline. My internet browser works perfectly fine, however.

Now I'm trying to reconnect and it gives me the typical cannot connect to online error message.

I've tried running it through Admin mode, and restarting my computer.

Help!

Server Maintenance you daft bastard, it came up with a message telling me and everything.

Seems back to normal now.

Server Maintenance you daft bastard, it came up with a message telling me and everything.

Seems back to normal now.

I didn't get a message, and I still can't connect..

B3YocaW.png?1

No idea then, give it time perhaps? Wouldn't be the first time Steam has fucked up their maintenance.

Fuck Steam. Forcing you to play games through it.

Most games can be launched from their install directory without having to launch Steam. Only certain games use Steam as DRM.

fred-flintstone-will-be-replaced-on-the-fruity-pebbles-box-by-a-wrestler.jpg

Yeah fucking Steam...

Fuck you. Now I have to go and watch a flinstones episode.

Crisis averted, I must be lacking in the brain cells department. Works well now, thanks guys.

Fuck Steam. Forcing you to play games through it.

Fuck game developers, forcing you to play games with a CD which you have to re-buy if it breaks.

I can't tell you how many times I had to rebuy wc3 due to lost cd-keys or broken CDs. Steam is a much better system.

Crisis averted, I must be lacking in the brain cells department. Works well now, thanks guys.

You just bors'd yourself.

Fuck game developers, forcing you to play games with a CD which you have to re-buy if it breaks.

I can't tell you how many times I had to rebuy wc3 due to lost cd-keys or broken CDs. Steam is a much better system.

Fuck game developers selling half-finished products, and then selling you the rest in pieces (DLC and patches). Steam would be ok if it was just a website that stored your info on what games you have instead of an annoying piece of software.

Fuck game developers selling half-finished products, and then selling you the rest in pieces (DLC and patches). Steam would be ok if it was just a website that stored your info on what games you have instead of an annoying piece of software.

You have NO idea on how the game industry works, it will NEVER be back to those days, simply because the production cost and competition is higher, it's not Valve's fault.

You have NO idea on how the game industry works, it will NEVER be back to those days, simply because the production cost and competition is higher, it's not Valve's fault.

That's an excuse for peddling half-finished crap? And what about all those "early access" games that simply never get finished, with the company instead pocketing the sales money and dumping the project? At this point you can release an interesting looking tech demo, sell it as early access, and bounce with your money, without ever delivering the finished product. Are high production costs part of the reason this happens? Sure. But the nature of the game industry is part of the problem too. Shit like this is why I don't bother paying for games anymore. I pirate them, and then, if they're good, I eventually buy them.

That's an excuse for peddling half-finished crap? And what about all those "early access" games that simply never get finished, with the company instead pocketing the sales money and dumping the project? At this point you can release an interesting looking tech demo, sell it as early access, and bounce with your money, without ever delivering the finished product. Are high production costs part of the reason this happens? Sure. But the nature of the game industry is part of the problem too. Shit like this is why I don't bother paying for games anymore. I pirate them, and then, if they're good, I eventually buy them.

Again, you have no idea on how the game industry works, lol.

Let's take a look at DayZ's page for example:

"WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME"

What can happen when you are developing an engine? well many things, even an experienced developer like Blizzard had to remake the entire Warcraft 3 engine (and Starcraft 2's) at one point, simply because at half of the development process they realized that the engine they made lacked features that would make the creation of the game impossible with it's current iteration

Indie developers are NOT industry veterans on the most part, take a look at Blizzard's hiring requirements, why do you think that it takes so many years of experience before you can work on one of those companies on a minor job? Early Access was made as a way (with previous warnings to the users) to get people with EXPERIENCE on working in games (and even then you might end up delaying the game (see Mighty Number 9 as an example) multiple times because even the most experienced developer can run into errors mid development), a chance to create games that wouldn't be possible in a corporate setting, however it's the user's issue that they give money to inexperienced developers who have no idea on what involves creating a game, it's the same type of people that learn a language and already want to build an MMORPG.

If you can't afford to produce a product at the current price, that price will rise. That comes before supply and demand in economics.

If you can't afford to produce a product at the current price, that price will rise. That comes before supply and demand in economics.

And what did i say? production cost is higher = more DLC as a way to increase the price without having the average consumer notice it.

Again, you have no idea on how the game industry works, lol.

I don't like the way the game industry works. I don't like how they cut corners, sell half-finished crap, and then come up with excuses like the ones you're listing. I also don't give a fuck, not one fuck, about the game industry. I want quality games, and if I don't get them, they don't get my money. It's that simple. As long as they keep churning out half-finished garbage, I'll continue pirating games. Games I enjoy I will actually pay for.

I understand why early access was created. None of that changes the fact that it's being used as a way to get money for something that never gets finished in the first place.

I don't like the way the game industry works. I don't like how they cut corners, sell half-finished crap, and then come up with excuses like the ones you're listing. I also don't give a fuck, not one fuck, about the game industry. I want quality games, and if I don't get them, they don't get my money. It's that simple. As long as they keep churning out half-finished garbage, I'll continue pirating games. Games I enjoy I will actually pay for.

I understand why early access was created. None of that changes the fact that it's being used as a way to get money for something that never gets finished in the first place.

That's seems very mature of you, you call it half finished garbage yet you pirate it, which would imply that you like it anyways, unless you're a masochist.

Wanna BabyRage some more? Maybe complain about food costing money too? You seem like the typical Bernie supporter.

That's seems very mature of you, you call it half finished garbage yet you pirate it, which would imply that you like it anyways, unless you're a masochist.

To try it. It's a statement of a general lack of faith in the industry: I'm unwilling to put money into your product as the industry has reliably shown itself to be untrustworthy.

• Like 1