Sign in to follow this  
ChocolaTea

Sushi

I quite like sushi, eventhough I rarely eat it.

Not a big fan of the seaweed wrappings around some sushi. It really turns me off.

I work at a sushi restaurant as a server. It's called Hiroshima Sushi Xpress

Nothing makes you hungrier than a bomb which leveled an entire city and its population. The restaurant is also owned by a Chinese(Taiwanese) guy and absolutely everyone who works with me is Chinese. There is nothing Japanese about it

Ontop of all this, Sushi is seen as some ancient Japanese delicacy that has been honed to perfection over generations. It's not. It's the fucking hotdog stand of Japanese food. You lay down your seaweed paper, slice a cheap cut of fish into it, bulk it up with rice that has been soaked in sugar/vinegar and then roll it up. It is cheap and practical and not traditional

White girls fucking love westernized sushi now because everything has deep fried tempura bits and spicy mayo (It's just mayo, Siracha hot sauce, and loads of sugar)

I work at a sushi restaurant as a server. It's called Hiroshima Sushi Xpress

Nothing makes you hungrier than a bomb which leveled an entire city and its population. The restaurant is also owned by a Chinese(Taiwanese) guy and absolutely everyone who works with me is Chinese. There is nothing Japanese about it

Ontop of all this, Sushi is seen as some ancient Japanese delicacy that has been honed to perfection over generations. It's not. It's the fucking hotdog stand of Japanese food. You lay down your seaweed paper, slice a cheap cut of fish into it, bulk it up with rice that has been soaked in sugar/vinegar and then roll it up. It is cheap and practical and not traditional

White girls fucking love westernized sushi now because everything has deep fried tempura bits and spicy mayo (It's just mayo, Siracha hot sauce, and loads of sugar)

Ye, it is hot dog stand food. But it's good imo. I love it when the uni melts in your mouth or any slice of fish.

I also rank seafood as the best food so I am biased.

Westernized sushi is disgusting.

Yeah, it's delicious, as anything with loads of salt/sugar/fat is. The best is Sashimi, which is just a straight up cut of seafood without the bullshit

Simple combos like Salmon/Avocado, Shrimp/Avocado/Cucumber, BBQ eel/avocado, are all great. Anything with avocado basically. Lots of Sushi places over here now offer "spicy" rolls which is great business. It's just your regular roll like Salmon or Tuna with deep fried tempura batter scooped out of the deep fryer, and a little squirt of spicy mayo. The trick is that they usually use smaller pieces of fish. It's genius. They're selling you deep fried batter, mayonnaise and sugar with a few grains of rice with a little sliver of fish

Yeah, it's delicious, as anything with loads of salt/sugar/fat is. The best is Sashimi, which is just a straight up cut of seafood without the bullshit

Simple combos like Salmon/Avocado, Shrimp/Avocado/Cucumber, BBQ eel/avocado, are all great. Anything with avocado basically. Lots of Sushi places over here now offer "spicy" rolls which is great business. It's just your regular roll like Salmon or Tuna with deep fried tempura batter scooped out of the deep fryer, and a little squirt of spicy mayo. The trick is that they usually use smaller pieces of fish. It's genius. They're selling you deep fried batter, mayonnaise and sugar with a few grains of rice with a little sliver of fish

This is funnily enough what I've always thought...the reason it can be so cheap has to be a dead give away...it's because they use shit ingredients.

This is funnily enough what I've always thought...the reason it can be so cheap has to be a dead give away...it's because they use shit ingredients.

Compared to any US fast food establishment, their ingredients are superb.

Compared to any US fast food establishment, their ingredients are superb.

A good fast food vegetarian meal for sure.

wait a minute, you're telling me sushi is cheap where you live? Here its like stupidly expensive.

wait a minute, you're telling me sushi is cheap where you live? Here its like stupidly expensive.

It's not too bad in California. Not the cheapest, but not too expensive.

It's not too bad in California. Not the cheapest, but not too expensive.

Shit i love sushi but i can barely eat it due to its price, here in Spain japanese food its considered quite expensive, specially sushi and its variants. Lets say 6 sushis could easily cost you more than a proper meal with first and second course.

Shit i love sushi but i can barely eat it due to its price, here in Spain japanese food its considered quite expensive, specially sushi and its variants. Lets say 6 sushis could easily cost you more than a proper meal with first and second course.

That's kind of crazy. Here it's like 7-10 dollars for a roll of sushi. There's a buffet place near me where you can have all you can eat sushi for $25, and it's not really a buffet. You order and they make it.

I've tried it a couple of times, nothing special, there are certainly a million better ways to prepare your fish.

lol

here in potato land sushi costs like nothing

and its pretty good in few places

not potato quality off course

but its pretty good