Sign in to follow this  
Feanor

Firefox

My firefox has gotten laggy lately. Even just typing. There's little spikes of lag non-stop. This started after the recent update. Anyone have similar issues or know what to do about it?

I don't want to use chrome if I can help it. Any ideas on how to fix this bullshit?

Also. It works fine a lot of the time, but if I have more then ~10 tabs open total, the lag kicks in. Big time. Before the last update, I could have ~50 tabs open with no lag issues. So don't tell me I have a potato pc.

okay then here is a serious question

why would you have 50 tabs open even if you are doing some research or some shit

that's just INHUMAN

If you got the RAM, why not?

okay then here is a serious question

why would you have 50 tabs open even if you are doing some research or some shit

that's just INHUMAN

I know someone who always has multiple windows open with 50+ tabs in each.

It's quite disturbing.

Chrome is adware now so don't use that pile of shit

(If you click the X button it doesn't close Chrome, if you install adblock it still gets ads through it)

wat

darkly

you ain t smart are ya ?

Wow you guys are useless. I mean I get the concept of derailing, but not a single helpful reply? Other then the part about it being a new windows update?

Oh yeah, forgot about the actual point of the thread. Start firefox in safe mode. Run a virus scan, check your disk capacity when you're running it, and see what its allocated ram and disc usage are.

Are you guys serious? I can only have 4-5 tabs open without immediately wanting to close one. Is this just my ocd or something?

Unless the stuff I'm reading is so engrossing. Like Diplo :D

• Like 1

Feanor do you have windows 10? cause i have no problems with firefox on windows 10 at all, if you use 7 try to uninstall the windows 10 update (microsoft automatically downloads it)

I have Win 8. Win 10 is a major privacy violator, to the point where pirate sites will prevent you from using some of the torrents.

Oh yeah, forgot about the actual point of the thread. Start firefox in safe mode. Run a virus scan, check your disk capacity when you're running it, and see what its allocated ram and disc usage are.

I'll try this, thanks. But neither ram nor disc usage spikes. Firefox just lags while everything else is normal.